• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

sometimes he knows things doctors do not.

I know crazy thought....

Sometimes? :huh:

513529126_slaphappysmiley.gif.f2236a6db3568106c40abcb7a2799b80.gifYeah, really crazy! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,579
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

As I have stated before there are some awesome physicians! - that spend their life working on new ways to treat the end results of cancers that  have destroyed bone including entire jaws, that also spend decades training the surgeons at the six major medical trauma units in the USA,  that in addition answer the call 24/7 to help that surgical team fiercely struggling to save a life as someone has just slammed into a flatbed truck and needs a new face  and skull so  please start building a titanium mesh lower and upper jaw, new  eye obits, and some skull plates, we need them all in under 24 hours so  that we may operate and save this person. Here are images of what we have to work with.

No one finances such endeavors in others, those interested just band together all that they have and go for it. No major company is going to invest the decades  of time and research into it. Thye can't  for the criticism they would take from stock holders wanting their return  and reports every three months of every year. Yet some individuals have done so out of their own pocket doing so for an entire working lifetime into retirement until death itself over takes the ones doing the heroic helping.

That they made some substantial money in order to fund doing so is  quite alright with me!!! A worker is worth his wage and an inventor with decade or more of schooling and thirty years of experience might be worthy of a fortune. Thought the fortune may be quite small compared to just one good professional baseball pitcher's one year income. It is a God instilled love of helping that keeps  such individuals at it for their lifetime, whether they know God or not. 

Go into City Of Hope at Duarte just once, just once, it will never be forgotten. Go into Children's Hospital of Orange County Ca, just once it will never be forgotten. Go into St Judes Hospital just once,  or even Shriners Hospital. Those working there are not people of greed taking for themselves while not knowing what they are doing in order to make personal profit. To think they are,  is a great error.

Personally I am awestruck just remembering, and also in seeing how they take what  they do gain and then give generously of that  at auctions for the hospitals, both by buying and by donating items for auctioning.

These are doers, not pointers. Praise God for the doers.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/6/2020 at 4:29 AM, Melinda12 said:

I just read on my news app the 'confessions of a slaughterhouse worker'. It is tough reading. I am disturbed by it as i like animals and know the love of my own pets.  

The Bible and Christianity do not forbid us to eat meat as far as i know. Of course animal killing for sacrifice is frequent in the Bible. 

Yet, is it right to do this to animals? I doubt many of us would eat meat if we had to kill first or if we saw the reality. We are insulated from the real horror in this modern world but it is worth thinking about surely? 

What is your view? 

I don't hunt, but I do fish.  I would hunt for food if it was necessary, but it is more convenient just to go to the store.