IGNORED

What is your interpretation of this scripture?

joebloggs

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/12/2020 at 5:24 PM, Margo1945 said:

why can't a mailman be governor

not crooked enough.

Chuck Colson once quipped about one inmate saying to another

"The food was better in here when you were Governor."

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

18 hours ago, JohnD said:

If I were to disrupt your church... then no.

I think very few women who speak in church, do so to disrupt the church.

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

deleted

Edited by RogerDC

On 1/12/2020 at 9:34 PM, maryjayne said:

There are many forms of feminism. You are picking the most extreme one and declaring that that is what all feminism looks like. You are wrong. Such generalisations do no-one any good. There are many good nuns and priests who work tirelessly to help others. I am not a Catholic, but am able to recognise that not everyone belonging to a group is the same.

When did I say there are no Catholic nuns and priests who do anything good for anyone?  For starters, I didn’t even mention priests.  I am a Catholic and I know there are many nuns and priests who do a great deal of good for many people.   I said many nuns are rabid feminists and spiritually corrupt - “many” doesn’t mean “all”, and even demented feminist nuns can do good deeds for people.

If you want an insight into just how spiritually sick the demonic poison of feminism has rendered many Catholic nuns, read the book “Unholy Rage: The Hidden Face of Catholic Feminism” by Donna Steichen.  You might learn something.

On 1/12/2020 at 5:45 AM, maryjayne said:

Communists are not demonic either.

You are throwing around the word Demonic with, I fear, little understanding of its meaning.  

The Catholic Church used to call Nazism, “little D”, and communism, “big D” - “D” of course meaning “Devil”.  Atheism is a mandatory tenet of all forms of communism, so you don’t have to be Einstein to realize that any political movement that seeks to impose universal atheism is the work of the devil.  A communist obviously doesn’t believe the devil, but this doesn’t stop Satan using such people to carry out this nefarious schemes - thus communists can rightly be called “servants of Satan”. 

Edited by George
Removed Personal Attack ... please discuss the topic at hand.

On 1/13/2020 at 5:57 PM, DustyRoad said:

If you lack scriptural backing for your doctrine then what you're sharing here is nothing more than your own opinion, @RogerDC

No kidding?!

On 1/14/2020 at 2:50 AM, johnthebaptist said:

God and Jesus are quoted many times in the Bible. I trust the Bible to give an accurate account.

You said you don't put your faith in the Bible, but you trust the Bible.  Confusing.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:51 AM, johnthebaptist said:

Did Paul ever explain his reason?

Yes, he did:

11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. (1Tim 2)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 1/8/2020 at 7:31 PM, Margo1945 said:

thank you, @Willa .. with that list of requirements, who would be worthy enough to be bishop and remain so .. lol .. I think it was @BeauJangles who pointed out that in today's world, women may be needed as pastors as there are not enough men .. Timothy's world was much smaller .. at any rate, I have yet to meet any man or woman who would fulfill all those requirements Timothy demanded .. I am not saying we should water down the requirements and expect and settle for less - certainly not .. but unless more men and women of today's world "changed their hearts more to God's Will, not their own" in fulfilling such worthy positions, it would be difficult to find the persons needed and/or those who were in said positions and "really TRULY" striving to fulfill such requirements as Timothy set forth would need to do a lot of sincere genuine repenting aka "turning back to God with a change of heart to doing His Will, not their own" .. today's world is larger and become more and more in line with what Satan wants than what want God wants and "commands", so I really do believe it would be an immense challenge to find the right man or woman to fulfill such a role .. 

THIS is God's requirements and He calls people to this.  I would rather have a godly pastor who fulfilled those requirements than a man who graduated summa cum laude from seminary.  In fact,  that is not a biblical requirement.  Perhaps it would be wise to seek out a church that abides by Scripture and believes it is God's holy word. My church does these things and my pastor does as well.  I once had a pastor who graduated summa cum laude but he wasn't saved.  God didn't call him, his mother wanted him to become a pastor.  

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 2:43 PM, JohnD said:

women with wings...

huh...

what else could it be?

If you want to spiritualize everything as if it weren't real...

why stop there?

Some spiritualize existence itself as if we are all not really here.

BTW I do not engage with those who go down this route.

They aren't really here. After all.

It was a vision, not reality.   Creatures that appear in visions are not evidence of real creatures.   Are all the weird creatures described in Revelation real creatures?