• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 minutes ago, vic66 said:

getting blown up unexpectedly not good precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saint

Sorry, but it sounds as if you're balking at the evidence that God is omniscient. That being, He has foreknowledge of the beginning and our end of life's cycle. And if this is true as I believe it is, then these passages of scripture still stand true. But yet you doubt the word of the Lord? 

Psalm 116:15-16 KJV 15Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. 16O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.

Psalm 72:14 KJV 14He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall be their blood in his sight. 

What does it mean that God is omniscient? | GotQuestions.org

https://www.gotquestions.org/God-omniscient.html

Jan 02, 2020 · Answer: Omniscience is defined as “the state of having total knowledge, the quality of knowing everything.” For God to be sovereign over His creation of all things, whether visible or invisible, He has to be all-knowing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

My wife was diagnosed with cancer of the blood and the prognosis was grim. One night she was out on the porch praying and God spoke to her that He had healed her. She came inside to tell me but suddenly got violently ill. She rhrew  up the most foul black vomit which she said was the worst taste she had ever experienced. 

The next morning, she called her oncologist and told him she had been healed. He laughed. He told her to come in for another blood test..... he had eight in a row that said she had it... and she complied. Then we did not hear back from him for two weeks. Finally, we had her primary. care physician call him to ask why he was not getting back in touch with her. 

He said the last blood work showed no signs of cancer. Glory! He then sent all the testing to Mayo Clinic and 20 different oncologists looked at the tests. None could explain what had happened but that ahe most definitely no longer had it. That was 30 months ago. Still no blood cancer. God is good. 

blessings,

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

I have one more- the miracle that led to my salvation. This will be a bit long, but I promise it is worth it. 

In 1971, my hippy wife and I were in college. Burned out on drugs, commune life a disappointment, I was in college. We decided  to give God a try, so we began attending church, nothing to extreme, mind you. ?

As Christmas approached, they had an angel tree and we took a name... a nineteen year old single mother in the projects with. a three year old son. All she asked for was a coat for her child. 

We made a decision. Both my wife and I were making minimum wage,,,, $1.65 per hour. We decided we would take all the money we would normally spend on gifts for one another and family and use them for presents for the name we drew. We would hand make presents for everyone else. We ended up spending $70 on presents. Our rent was less than that. 

On Christmas Eve, we were told to deliver the presents to her address at 6 p.m. All day, we made cookies, wrapped presents, smoked pot (I told you. we were hippies, LOL),  excited about our delivery to come. At 4, we decided to get everything loaded up and I asked my wife where the paper from the engel tree was that had her address. Blank stare. 

For the next hour we tore our small four room house apart, looking for the paper. Without it, she would wait ofr someone who would never come. Our last resort was that maybe it had been thrown out in the trash. We had taken our trash out two days before. It was our final hope. 

Now understand. We lived way our in the country and there was no garbage pickup. Our landlord lived on the acreage with us and once a month, he would get on his Farmall tractor, beer in hand, and drive to the way back of his property where the 'burn pile' was. He would light it on fire, let it burn down, and then grade over it,  leveling it out till the next month. This was his family home place, where his daddy had done the same thing, forty years of broken glass, burned boxes, rusted tin cans, you name it. 

So we began walking to the back, with the trash area beyond a grove of trees. Then we heard it.  Tom's Farmall tractor, coming back from the dump. Our hearts sank, but we kept walking, hoping. But as we cleared the trees, our worst fears were confirmed, Black ash and wisps of smoke was all we saw. He had just burned rhe trash. 

I hope you understand. Forty years of burning trash makes for one HUGE dump area. This was probably 100' x 100', and the whole thing was smoldering. I stopped in my tracks, tears now flowing. My wife, bless her heart, did not stop. She continued walking, blankly staring . She walked out into the middle of the black riusted tin cans, the old smoke stained broken glass peach jars, the charred old newspapers, but she did not look down. She just kept walking. Then she looked UP. And she cried out to the God we hoped existed, the God we wanted to exist, and this is what she said.

"God, if you're real, gibe me that name!" It shocked me. But that shock quickly was overcome by a bigger one.  she flung herself down prostrate into the blackened ash, face down. She reached out her hand. And she grabbed first thing her hand touched. 

(I have retold this story over one hundred times since that Christmas Eve so very long ago, and not one time can ai get through it without crying tears of amazement and thankfulness. Today is no different, even if Ixam just typing it.)

She lifted it up, a piece of paper, charred down to the name and address we so desperately needed. She screamed. I screamed. We wept. God WAS real! Two stoned hippies needed a miracle to believe that God really was alive and wanted to be active in our very empty lives. He gave it to us. And of course, the presents were delivered exactly at 6 o'clock, with the young mother crying over a Volkswagen bus full of presents, and a three year old boy so excited he could barely stand it. 

That, brothers and sisters, is my Christmas miracle. We serve a very alive, miracle working God, who longs to show Himself strong  on behalf of those whose hearts are perfect towards Him.

Thank you for hanging in there on this LONG testimony and pray that God blessed you.

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I have one more- the miracle that led to my salvation. This will be a bit long, but I promise it is worth it. 

This blessed me mightily!!!! :emot-nod: