• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Way to go dad! :)
Thanks to the bravery of the father, his two year old child was spared.

New Hampshire dad kills coyote with bare hands after it attacked his 2-year-old

"A New Hampshire man fought and killed a coyote that attacked his family on Monday, local police departments confirmed.
Ian O'Reilly and his family were on a trail near a pond when a coyote attacked one of his three children. O'Reilly kicked the animal away from the 2-year-old before choking the animal to death."

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

I have many coyotes where I live. They are more of a threat to small children and small animals. There have been several in the yard when I go outside and they just run away. They are somewhat shy if confronted with an adult or a larger animal. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Did you read about the man whose 2 yr old son was grabbed by a mountain lion? The man threw his backpack at the lion and it dropped the kid. There is video of the mountain lion with the backpack in a tree. Some law enforcement killed it since it was considered a threat to humans. Way to go dad here too. (Mom too since she was making noise and waving her arms trying to get the mountain lion to drop her child.)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

52 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Did you read about the man whose 2 yr old son was grabbed by a mountain lion? The man threw his backpack at the lion and it dropped the kid. There is video of the mountain lion with the backpack in a tree. Some law enforcement killed it since it was considered a threat to humans. Way to go dad here too. (Mom too since she was making noise and waving her arms trying to get the mountain lion to drop her child.)

Mountain lions and cougars are a whole different story than coyotes. More aggressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, Cletus said:

its not a very good feeling once you realize your no longer the hunter, but you are being hunted. 

that's what multiple 30 round clips are for.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Cletus said:

at the time i had a shotgun with 5 or six rounds, and (2) 15 round magazines.   i only saw a couple at first.  once they had me in the middle of the cow pasture their buddies showed up.   at first i thought i was over prepared.  and they also know how far to stay to be out of buckshot range... which means they know the difference between a rifle and shotgun.  they aint dumb. 

i can only find 25 round mags for my AR.  its chambered in 308/7.62.     

I've never had any trouble with coyotes here in Oklahoma growing up but there was a huge big gray timber wolf that lived close to my grandmother's dairy farm....   I've had it stalk me walking down fence rows several times.  I got that being the hunted feeling so I understand what you were saying.  That would have been back when I was about ten or twelve..   I don't know why none of the people around didn't hunt it down...     it did help keep the deer population under control.   I don't think it ever hurt any of the cows.   maybe it understood that would not have been tolerated.    I've always thought animals were a lot smarter than most give them credit for.

Another smart animal is a crow/raven.   They were very hard to get close to back 60 years ago and today they will come up to the house and get into my trash if it's not in some kind of hard container.....     they will peck and tear open a plastic bag just to see what's in it  LoL. I've had them land on a post three or four feet away..  this little thing just flew down beside me on a post and like asking here I am so what's for dinner.

20080715_(31)_edited.jpg