• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  1

@alaric_w

Very nice read, God is alive and well in you and your relationship with Him is food for the hungry soul...

Be blessed as He becomes the more and the we less...

Not me 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, alaric_w said:

Covenant of Grace requires FAITH to receive his undeserved blessings while the Covenant of Law requires keeping all of God’s law to earn his blessings.

Not my faith but Christ Jesus' faith. For my faith fails me, my Lord's does not. He does the will of His Father. I cannot rely  on even the work of my own faith. I lean on that  of Jesus alone.

Grace is all of God and none of me.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

I do believe in the grace received from the life and death and resurrection of my Savior. However, how do I honor him? How do I show love and obedience without the observance of His ways and His law?

You stated, " Under the law, it is written that no one can keep it.".  I agree that I cannot keep the law perfectly but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't keep it but in grace I find forgiveness when I fail.  Without law, what do I need to be forgiven of?  For without law there is no sin.

Out curiosity which law should be ignored?

Commandment one?  We should have any god we want and place them before the true God?

Commandment two? Can I have idols?

Commandment three?  I can curse God?

Commandment four?  I can ignore the Sabbath and worship whenever and however I want?

commandment five?  I don't have to honor my mother and father?

commandment six? I can kill?

Commandment seven? I can commit adultery?

commandment eight? I can steal?

commandment nine? I can bear false witness?

commandment ten? I can covet?

When people tell me that I do not have to observe the law, that is pretty comprehensive in nature. So which law listed isn't good and should be ignored?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

@Tigger56you want to please God and of course this is a good thing. You place some measure of confidence in that desire and your ability to 'keep' the law--is that an accurate assessment?

If that is accurate---what measure? Can you define it? What portion of the law (how much of it) coincides with that aforementioned 'measure'?

Do you fall short of that 'measure' that you have set for yourself? Where do you go if you do fall short?

Does that measure change? On a very good day when you have met the 'measure', do you have a sense of 'justification? Or accomplishment?

Do you present that before the Lord and look for His approval? I have purposely avoided the negative--you may have noticed.

• Brilliant! 1

I do walk a path of righteousness before the Lord and I am his Servant. I follow the obedience of love and the love of obedience. The Lord Jesus is my God and my Savior. He is the author and finisher of my faith and I seek to please Him at all times. If I fail in my obedience I know that all I have to do is take a step toward Him and He will run to me. His grace is ever unto me and I know I am precious in his sight. So, yes I keep the law to the fullest measure I can each and every day. 

Which measure of the law do you feel we shouldn't keep and which law as I posted before is that we are to ignore?

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

51 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I do walk a path of righteousness before the Lord and I am his Servant. I follow the obedience of love and the love of obedience. The Lord Jesus is my God and my Savior. He is the author and finisher of my faith and I seek to please Him at all times. If I fail in my obedience I know that all I have to do is take a step toward Him and He will run to me. His grace is ever unto me and I know I am precious in his sight. So, yes I keep the law to the fullest measure I can each and every day. 

Which measure of the law do you feel we shouldn't keep and which law as I posted before is that we are to ignore?

I have to go out for a while to look at some work. I will respond when I return..Lord willing.

48 minutes ago, Alive said:

I have to go out for a while to look at some work. I will respond when I return..Lord willing.

No problem, be safe and have a great day.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

alaric studied this point good, yes, the flesh can't satisfy God, when we'll work according to law we'll work too according to the flesh nature and we'll fail in doing the heavenly requests. Jesus by the second birth he gave us, helps us to do the deeds as they are supposed to be, the deed which has no spirit, no faith, no love, is a died deed because it'll take the same nature of world, the world has the nature of sin and death, the mortality. Jesus will help us to work in the immortal nature of heaven.

Even those worked according to law and flesh, you'll find flaws in the deep of their deeds like Sadducees and Pharisees.

Edited by ahmedcrow
  • Thumbs Up 1