IGNORED

How can you have assurance of salvation ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

37 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:
45 minutes ago, appy said:

Replying to old or un-active post is not against the tos.

So, you're rebuking me and saying my response was wrong? Duly noted. 

Can I chime in? LOL..:heart: I'm not rebuking anyone but maybe those sort of things can go back & forth in pm? Just sayin

I put alot of heart into a reply that just got bumped off the main board for .....?

Anyway,those are the things I think about before posting,maybe I'm wrong but imo,no disrespect intended,I love you both very much!                                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/6/2020 at 8:04 PM, Wnj086 said:

Hey, I’m just trying to get some help and advice. My pastor says that you can know that you know that you know that you’re saved.  I say that was saved at a church camp but I don’t exactly the date, I think I was around 14. But it’s been said that you should know the exact date and exactly what you prayed. I didn’t know all that then, my family wasn’t  really faithful to church, anyway....years rocked on after I got married and we didn’t attend church at all, for about 10 years...long story short our marriage failed but God put it back together again. And we rededicated our life to Him about 4 years ago. 
but every time I hear a sermon you should know without a shadow of a doubt that you are saved and going to heaven, i just keep having a what if I didn’t do it right? I’ve prayed and  begged and pleaded for God to show me an answer, I’ve asked Him save me multiple times when I have these doubts. But I never feel a drawing from Him make a step.  
is there any advice out there?
This torments me. I want to be sure!!! 

You don't need to know "the exact date". You need to know whether you trusted/are trusting JESUS for Heaven or YOURSELF.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

If you obey the Lord's commandments, I believe you  HAVE been born again. 

Unfortunately, that isn't always the case.

See, commandment keeping, is the religion of a self righteous person who is literally  not trusting in Christ alone to keep them saved after He saved them.

"keeping the commandments", is a person's self effort, as its self effort, self discipline, to do this in hopes that God will save you or keep you saved.

So, sure, we are to keep the commandments, because this is >only< Discipleship for the born again.

But for the RELIGIOUS but LOST< its their idea of making themselves right with God by their self effort.  THAT IS SELF SAVING Theology......   This is the very core of Legalism.  And it's in fact "another Gospel", that contradicts the Grace of God, by trying to replace it with SELF EFFORT.

God  entirely and eternally rejects ALL self effort, regarding being born again.

Salvation has nothing to do with keeping anything........not commandments, not the Torah, not the Law, not a church membership.   Salvation is something that God himself came to earth to do for the entire world on THE CROSS

( John 3:16) and did..

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 minutes ago, Behold said:

Unfortunately, that isn't always the case.

See, commandment keeping, is the religion of a self righteous person who is literally  not trusting in Christ alone to keep them saved after He saved them.

"keeping the commandments", is a person's self effort, as its self effort, self discipline, to do this in hopes that God will save you or keep you saved.

So, sure, we are to keep the commandments, because this is >only< Discipleship for the born again.

But for the RELIGIOUS but LOST< its their idea of making themselves right with God by their self effort.  THAT IS SELF SAVING Theology......   This is the very core of Legalism.  And it's in fact "another Gospel", that contradicts the Grace of God, by trying to replace it with SELF EFFORT.

God  entirely and eternally rejects ALL self effort, regarding being born again.

Salvation has nothing to do with keeping anything........not commandments, not the Torah, not the Law, not a church membership.   Salvation is something that God himself came to earth to do for the entire world on THE CROSS

( John 3:16) and did..

If we obey the Lord's commandments, I think we'll find the gate to heaven open. I don't think we are deprived entrance on technicalities.

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

If we obey the Lord's commandments, I think we'll find the gate to heaven open. 

No one goes to heaven because they kept the commandments.

Not you, not me, .......not anyone.

Edited by Behold
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 minute ago, Behold said:

No one goes to heaven because they kept the commandments.

Not you, not me, .......not anyone.

I think you are wrong about that. Until we repent of our sin, I don't think we'll get in.

• Oy Vey! 1

Just now, johnthebaptist said:

I think you are wrong about that. Until we repent of our sin, I don't think we'll get in.

Jesus is not wrong about the Grace of God and the Blood Atonement being preached as The Gospel, and WHEN received by Faith =  causes God thru the Holy Spirit to give you the New Birth, =  AS  being the only thing that can wash away your sin, deliver you from the Law, and put you "into Christ" and send you to heaven.  There is no other WAY, other then JESUS, who allows you this "by faith alone" right of Salvation.

So, if you believe you are saved by commandment keeping, as you are now explaining over and over as your own personal salvation, then you are teaching legalism,  the infinite heresy of Catholicism,  which denies the Cross, and you should stop doing it on a "Christian Forum" asap.

Hopefully you wont also start trying to teach that water regenerates the soul, as that is the other God denying, NT rejecting, Cross denying Catholic heresy that usually aligns itself with "commandment keeping saves me" legalism theology.

• Praise God! 1

20 minutes ago, Behold said:
28 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Jesus is not wrong about the Grace of God and the Blood Atonement being preached as The Gospel, and WHEN received by Faith =  causes God thru the Holy Spirit to give you the New Birth, =  AS  being the only thing that can wash away your sin, deliver you from the Law, and put you "into Christ" and send you to heaven.  There is no other WAY, other then JESUS, who allows you this "by faith alone" right of Salvation.

So, if you believe you are saved by commandment keeping, as you are now explaining over and over as your own personal salvation, then you are teaching legalism,  the infinite heresy of Catholicism,  which denies the Cross, and you should stop doing it on a "Christian Forum" asap.

Hopefully you wont also start trying to teach that water regenerates the soul, as that is the other God denying, NT rejecting, Cross denying Catholic heresy that usually aligns itself with "commandment keeping saves me" legalism theology.

I do agree with Brother Behold but I think I understand what John is trying to say ....but the thing is,without a repentant HEART then what is there? In other words,when we come to the foot of the cross it is with a repentant heart seeking forgiveness & accepting Jesus as Lord & SAvior, we are Believing Jesus IS Who HE Says and by our FAITH we SAVED BY THE GRACE OF GOD

After that we may still find ourselves bound by the sins of the flesh but that does not cancel out the Grace of God

My point is,you can SAY "I repent,I repent" & it means NOTHING ,forgiveness is GIVEN to the repentant HEART  It seems a carnal minded question where in the answer lies in Eternal Mindedness

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Because the foundation of my heart 'IS' Scripture and as I apply Scripture to my daily walk God grants experiential components to my faith grown from His Word... I do not cling to the experience in Spirit but my flesh does and I know my flesh ends as well as all experience of this place! I am left with God 'IS' true and all else is lying and there is great peace in this place that is not of this world...

Rom 8:16-17

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
KJV

The world hates that which does not belong to it :) 

John 15:19-20

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
KJV

• Praise God! 1

23 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Because the foundation of my heart 'IS' Scripture and as I apply Scripture to my daily walk God grants experiential components to my faith grown from His Word... I do not cling to the experience in Spirit but my flesh does and I know my flesh ends as well as all experience of this place! I am left with God 'IS' true and all else is lying and there is great peace in this place that is not of this world...

WOW Brother- Do I know this well!!!!!I thank God for His Living Word,Praise Jesus!     LOve ya! Choco Bunny

• Loved it! 1