Yeshua153

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

We all have differing beliefs of the process of getting there, as well as who gets there, but I would like to focus on what will we be like, so I will write questions here, & you can summise the answers, or maybe come up with other questions too!

Will we be like a certain age look & not grow old?
If so, what about babies, that have been saved?
Babies did not have a chance to know who they are, will they recognise themselves?
We will have new bodies, but reproductive organs are unnecessary?
Do we eat, drink & sleep, as we will be eternal, so not die?
I love music, will there be any, along with sport?
What about relationships, will we all be platonic with each other?
What about animals, will they all be tame, & like what's already here?
Will we have memories this life, if so, they contained many sins?

I could go on, but will hand over to you folks! (You probably think I'm a bit mad, but God made me this way, so deal with it)

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Yeshua153,

Great post.

As far as I understand, and I'm still an amateur student, there is the 1000 year reign of Messiah and THEN eternity.

Therefore, within that 1000 years, anyone resurrected at the age of 100 will be only a tenth into their full life in New Jerusalem.  Those in their 50s will be as if children in the grand scheme of things. 

With this in mind, onto your great questions...

35 minutes ago, Yeshua153 said:

I think we will age as man used to prior to the Flood - living up to 1000 years old.  That doesn't mean we will be in a toddler state for decades though!  Rather, that we are in our prime for longer - showing signs of ageing much later, when we hit our 800s, for example.

Babies did not have a chance to know who they are, will they recognise themselves?

@Resurrection Priest can probably answer you on this one.  She has shared her thoughts on the matter before in another post.  I'm not sure as I haven't studied/considered the matter much.

After the 1000 year reign, we will be given new bodies.  We will be like the stars in Heaven, speaking of the bright glory we will have.

In the apocryphal book of 2 Baruch chapter 51, it reads...

"For they shall behold the world which is now invisible to them and they shall behold the time which is now hidden from them: And time shall no longer age them. For in the heights of that world shall they dwell and they shall be made like unto the angels and be made equal to the stars, and they shall be changed into every form they desire, from beauty into loveliness, and from light into the splendour of glory."

Super exciting!  So maybe it will be up to you how you want to be?

We will, during the 1000 year reign, but as for eternity - I'm not sure.  Perhaps we will take fruit from trees there for power or insight - but I don't think for sustenance as there will be no decay, loss of energy or expendable cells.

Absolutely!  Music is throughout the Bible.  Yahweh Himself even sings over those His people (Zephaniah 3:17).  There will be much music and rejoicing. 

So if you learn how to play and instrument, practice well, as you will take any skills you learn in this life into the next!

As for sports?  I don't know, but I can see it be a real possibility.  Such past times will be epic with new powerful bodies and abilities.  The sports of this world might actually be pretty tame compared to the next.

There will definitely be relationships in New Jerusalem.  As for eternity - I believe so.  But it will probably be at a higher level than we could ever imagine.  Perhaps there will be a oneness with all that would nullify a need for the separation of a partnership.  But ultimately I don't know.

Yes, in New Jerusalem for sure.  They will be tame and they will be able to communicate with us like they did with Adam and Eve before the fall.  How exciting!

As for eternity.  I'm not sure, but I should imagine so.  Keep in mind, that although we are in His image, Yahweh loves all His creation - all the animals and even the very earth itself.  So I have faith they will be present.

Yes, I believe we will have memories.  Let me explain why briefly:

This world and your life is like the ultimate training ground for the real thing.  You are being tried and tested and examined in this life in many ways.  All the lessons you learn (including His Word) is to make you wise in the next life....

Consider Adam and Eve - they had no experience or vastness of memories dealing with pain, sin, death, His Word, the Messiah etc.  The devil allured them away in their simplicity.  However, after the 1000 year reign, when the devil is released to deceive again - how do you think a Kingdom of the Messiah's disciples will fare - wise from their previous lives and in His Word?

Besides all this - your memories make you who you are!  It's why your friends and family love you and is the basis of your relationship with Yahweh.  It just doesn't make sense for Yahweh to wipe your mind like a hard drive and have you "start again".  What would be the point on you running the race now?

As for memories of sin?  I'm not sure.  Will they be gone from our minds entirely?  I don't think so - it's part of our story and testimony.  But I think we'll be confused as to why we done such things, after losing the sinful flesh.  So, in a way, our past sins will be completely foreign to us.

I hope that gives you somethings to think on.  Again, great post!

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Tzephanyahu said:

Great post.

As far as I understand, and I'm still an amateur student, there is the 1000 year reign of Messiah and THEN eternity.

Thanks for your input, I'd like to stick to eternity, rather than any life that you think you will have in a '1000yr reign'. As we differ, as I believe we are already living in the millennium (last 2000yrs), as in Rev20 1000yrs is plural, meaning at least 2000yrs. Anyway, that is getting away from the subject of eternity.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

All that is in your list is things familiar to us.... however God says we will not have familiar!

1 Cor 2:9

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him
KJV
I can tell you it will be our first experience with what perfection is like :)  

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

I'll be a glorified penguin. That's all I need to know. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

15 minutes ago, Aimes said:

I'll be a glorified penguin. That's all I need to know. 

"For in the heights of that world shall they dwell and they shall be made like unto the angels and be made equal to the stars, and they shall be changed into every form they desire, from beauty into loveliness, and from light into the splendour of glory." - 2 Baruch 51:10

That could be a genuine possibility Aimes!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

"For in the heights of that world shall they dwell and they shall be made like unto the angels and be made equal to the stars, and they shall be changed into every form they desire, from beauty into loveliness, and from light into the splendour of glory." - 2 Baruch 51:10

That could be a genuine possibility Aimes!

Look for me, I'll be the penguin sitting closest to His throne! 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

in Rev20 1000yrs is plural, meaning at least 2000yrs.

Say what? Let's have a go at that one as a separate  thread shall we?

• Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,504
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

4 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

We all have differing beliefs of the process of getting there, as well as who gets there, but I would like to focus on what will we be like, so I will write questions here, & you can summise the answers, or maybe come up with other questions too!

I could go on, but will hand over to you folks! (You probably think I'm a bit mad, but God made me this way, so deal with it)

You pose some interesting questions we all would like to know, and naturally wonder about? We're not specifically told many of our questions, other than; we will know, even as we are known. There is no marriages in Heaven [male / female]. The Bible is clear that even the unsaved will retain their memories and senses [c.f. the rich man and Lazarus]. What appearance of age will we have? A guess and speculation would be at our prime, and the age when a man became lawfully responsible for a number of things [maybe thirty?]. We will appear like Him, does that include Jesus' appearance in age when He appeared to His disciples?

We know for sure we will eat and drink in our glorified bodies; do we process food & drink like our mortal bodies do now? We know there has to be animals in Heaven, as our Lord and Savior Himself along with all the saints descend on white horses. 

2 Corinthians 12:3 (KJV) And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4.  How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. [emphasis added]

Revelation 10:4 (KJV) And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not. [emphasis added]

At this time, there are things we are not to know about Heaven or speak about.

I've also thought about this: How many ways are there to Salvation? Does the Bible mention any free passes for circumstances beyond ones ability or control? I only see one way, by making a choice; accepting and asking the Lord Jesus into your life by faith, a free will choice. What about the millions of aborted babies, those children whom died before the age of accountability, those born with mental disabilities?? I would think they are innocent and are now in the presence of the Lord. But they did not make a conscience free will choice, to accept or reject the free gift of Salvation through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:   [emphasis added]

I'm thinking the above verse is a general statement possibly. As we have two examples of Elijah and Enoch [Enoch may possibly be a type / shadow of the Rapture of the church] whom did not taste death; and a number of examples of those resurrected and assumed physically died twice

It seems to me, the above category of people did not meet the biblical requirements and description for Salvation? They were still born into sin with a sin nature. Could these children and people be placed in the millennium to be given the opportunity to accept or reject Jesus Christ as their own personal Lord and Savior? 

So many things we ponder and speculate on that we don't know.

• Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,504
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Say what? Let's have a go at that one as a separate  thread shall we?

We [plural] and I [singular], the three of me, don't exactly agree with 1,000 being 2,000 either.  :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1