IGNORED

Does Christian really views other religion lead as Satan?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.91
  • Days Won:  64

That ye come not among these nations, these that remain among you; neither make mention of the name of their gods, nor cause to swear by them, neither serve them, nor bow yourselves unto them:  Joshua 

Exodus 23:13 

Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips.

The bible teaches also to talk to people with gentleness and respect. I know Paul spoke to some about the  "Unknown God" as recorded in the New Testament.  But he did not study all their religions to use this opportunity (if so where is it written?) to preach the gospel.  

Acts 17:16-34 New International Version (NIV)

In Athens

16 While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols. 17 So he reasoned in the synagogue with both Jews and God-fearing Greeks, as well as in the marketplace day by day with those who happened to be there. 18 A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection. 19 Then they took him and brought him to a meeting of the Areopagus, where they said to him, “May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting? 20 You are bringing some strange ideas to our ears, and we would like to know what they mean.” 21 (All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)

22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[a] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[b]

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

32 When they heard about the resurrection of the dead, some of them sneered, but others said, “We want to hear you again on this subject.” 33 At that, Paul left the Council. 34 Some of the people became followers of Paul and believed. Among them was Dionysius, a member of the Areopagus, also a woman named Damaris, and a number of others.

__________________________-

It is good to be equipped and listening and ready to answer so to correct wrong thinking and give the gospel.  As I SAID earlier with gentleness and respect.  But to study other religions not sure that is what God would want us to do, still pondering on this,  but I know many suggest we should.  It is biblical?  I think people will tell us what they think or what their religion teaches in conversation and we can discuss what the bible says on those points. 

p.s Did not read hardly any of the postings.  I apologize if this point was already brought up. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The original poster is NOT asking people to study it, as in knowing all about the religion backwards and forwards, and having vast knowledge but to have some general basic knowledge so that certain questions can be asked of the listener that will lead the listener into the right direction of the gospel. Even though scripture doesn't say, I'm sure that Paul being a roman citizen, had some basic knowledge of what some of those religions in the area believed just as he had basic knowledge of the races and the prize won in Rome. Those religions we can be sure, were not practiced in secret, but right smack out in the open for all to see. If not, he would not have been trying to reason with them in the market place for quite some time. A debate between him and philosophers of the area would not of been started. The debate between them, is what got him invited to the meeting at Areopagus

We do not necessarily need to know Buddhism inside and out, but just enough so that our approach with the gospel is done in such a way, that we come across to such people, that they will be more willing to listen to what we have to offer instead of feeling insulted by our ignorance.

Let me illustrate a bit. Lets say, you came into chat and the topic at the moment was on what church you attended. And you say, that you attend a certain denomination. And someone says immediately, that they have never attended a church of that denomination and began speaking negatively about the church of your choice. I'm sure the question in your mind would be.... “if you have never been to my church, why are you criticizing it, when you have no first hand knowledge of what that church believes or does". I guarantee, that you, yourself would not be speaking to that person in chat after that, right? So, a little bit of knowledge about the religion of the person you are speaking to, is helpful.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.91
  • Days Won:  64

11 hours ago, appy said:

The original poster is NOT asking people to study it, as in knowing all about the religion backwards and forwards, and having vast knowledge but to have some general basic knowledge so that certain questions can be asked of the listener that will lead the listener into the right direction of the gospel. Even though scripture doesn't say, I'm sure that Paul being a roman citizen, had some basic knowledge of what some of those religions in the area believed just as he had basic knowledge of the races and the prize won in Rome. Those religions we can be sure, were not practiced in secret, but right smack out in the open for all to see. If not, he would not have been trying to reason with them in the market place for quite some time. A debate between him and philosophers of the area would not of been started. The debate between them, is what got him invited to the meeting at Areopagus

We do not necessarily need to know Buddhism inside and out, but just enough so that our approach with the gospel is done in such a way, that we come across to such people, that they will be more willing to listen to what we have to offer instead of feeling insulted by our ignorance.

Let me illustrate a bit. Lets say, you came into chat and the topic at the moment was on what church you attended. And you say, that you attend a certain denomination. And someone says immediately, that they have never attended a church of that denomination and began speaking negatively about the church of your choice. I'm sure the question in your mind would be.... “if you have never been to my church, why are you criticizing it, when you have no first hand knowledge of what that church believes or does". I guarantee, that you, yourself would not be speaking to that person in chat after that, right? So, a little bit of knowledge about the religion of the person you are speaking to, is helpful.

Thank you Appy

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

It’s unpleasant to the whole world. Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior over ALL. You either accept it and are saved and grateful, or you reject it and are lost and horrified. I don’t know where the choice lies though. We were known before the foundation of the earth.

how can that be?  

We must choose faith over fear AMEN

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/8/2020 at 3:09 AM, Amanda Frances said:

Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips.

The bible teaches also to talk to people with gentleness and respect. I know Paul spoke to some about the  "Unknown God" as recorded in the New Testament.  But he did not study all their religions to use this opportunity (if so where is it written?) to preach the gospel.  

Agreed. Many countries and states still have Blasphemy Law. Be careful guys especially travel to other countries. You might get jail up to 7 years or more.  Badawi was first jailed in 2012 for violating Saudi Arabia’s IT law and “insulting” religious authorities through his online writings and hosting those of others on his website. His sentence in 2012 was 7 years prison and 600 lashes, later increased on appeal.  https://end-blasphemy-laws.org/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/saudi-arabia/

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 3/3/2020 at 2:50 AM, wikey321 said:

Dear all,

I was a ex-Buddhist practitioner for 7 years. I was invited to a Church to learn and study the way of life of Christian.

This is the 2nd time i am trying to visit Church and find a rightfulness and peacefulness ways of life.

Well, the same things does happened again when i was approached the fellow Christian and asked about my background which is Buddhist. They are so against towards the other religion and even claiming the statue or any form picture exists in my temple are form of Satan. i felt so discriminated and insulted !

Below is one the example.

"Every golden Buddha in your city is a statue to Satan, as well as every Hindu idol"

"We must take up the spiritual weapons of our warfare, and we must carry the good news of Christ’s victory over Satan to a perishing world.  "

https://erlc.com/resource-library/articles/4-ways-christians-can-respond-to-a-satanic-statue 

I strongly believe the way of approaching non Christian in this way would create strong anger and violence to each other among the   human race fellowship. Does Jesus really wants us to create fierce, anger and even a war to fight for him? I personally don't think so, that's why i come to Church to 2nd time to find out.  

"The destruction of idols and images as icons of veneration is called iconoclasm,[10] and this has long been accompanied with violence between religious groups that forbid idol worship and those who have accepted icons, images and idols for worship" 

Reference: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idolatry

I have come across an article from the fellowship of "Christian" official web site on how to handle a Buddhist visits to Church. Let me know your thought especially you still think other religions is a Satan?

"Some have long ministered in the Buddhist world. When they share methods that have proved fruitful, and others that have flopped, we should listen. The following common sense suggestions can be adapted according to context."

• This is spiritual warfare, so start with prayer! The Holy Spirit has long tilled the soil in Buddhist hearts, and will continue to do so.

• The demonic is often in play. Do not tread flippantly onto the battlefield.

• Be pre-emptive (1 Peter 3:15). Research Buddhism. Truly understanding a Buddhist’s faith is key and shows respect. Familiarity with things like The Four Noble Truths, The Eightfold Path, and The Middle Way is imperative. If you get pressed into a discussion, do not be afraid to ask questions about what the Buddhist believes so that you can properly discuss the issues.

https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/buddhism/

I Pray to God to respect others,

Wikey

Post information note:
I gotta to write some important key note here because many not clicking the link above for brief info about Buddhism.

1. Original Buddhism teaching not required to worship to Buddha because he is just a human that achieved enlightenment. Many monks that providing Buddhism classes will also not recommend worship but rather understand the Sutra (Buddhism version of Bible) meaning word by word and practice it daily.

2. Enlightenment or the awaken is free of suffering and believed to able to manage completely of our brain unconscious and conscious thinking. Normally our mistake comes from unconscious action that create the suffering like argument in this topic :) . This is goal of Buddhism and afterlife will be Nirvana, a place free from suffering. To provide more scientific supportive info, "I" personally believe those awaken has ability to control the 3rd eye or so call Pinael Gland, a part of our brain that manage the dream. "I" believe those awaken able to be conscious and control what they want in the dream which technically they are in Nirvana without any side effect. So they can meditate for a very long time and having conscious dream. Technically, Buddha should have "awaken" , mastered it in the dream of Nirvana and free from suffering.
Buddha core strength eventually is meditation and not worship. In ancient time, many might not even have a food to eat, being very skinny and Prince Siddhartha(Buddha) had born before Christ. What's wrong them to meditate, hibernate and have a good dream?

After centuries, human has revised the original teaching where born of many other worshiping other Buddhism statues like Bodhisattva, Guan Yin or known as Avalokiteśvara. Buddhism views Jesus as Bodhisattva if you read the link(answeringenesis)  i've provided above. 

Below explain a bit more on Nirvana experienced by Buddha. Whether original Buddhism teaching is a science or a religion?
https://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-meditate-for-lucid-dreaming.html

3. Before i picked up the Buddhism study in depth past 7 years, my senior Buddhist actually recommends me to Church instead of Buddhism base on my personality and character after a long chat. They explained and provide comparison as what i shared on the link above. The reason i didn't choose to be a Christian because of the topic title above in the past. I felt so offended and sound a bit terrorism just like "if not same religion then is enemy?" I would still believe it's the people mindset issue and not actually the religion issue.

My current Buddhism teacher also implicitly taught that i am allowed to choose other religion so long follow a righteous teacher and right religion.

The more i study Buddhism, i found it's just a book of Science and psychology . Of course, my goal is not Nirvana because it's extremely hard and so far only a person achieved it namely Buddha. In Buddhism, we also have heaven afterlife for those fail to achieve enlightenment which is very similar to Christian.

What the message i would like to bring here is not to prove or promote Buddhism is the BEST religion but is pray to God to respect others religion. It's would be easier to influence other to accept Christ if you know well and understand the so call "Satan" or opponent strength and weakness. Let me know if i am wrong!

For myself, the more offensive, criticisms or discrimination then a steps back to observe and understanding more about the religion.   "I" felt it has contradiction of the 10 commandments of God. no.5 -> provoking holy war and it kills! no.6 -> many Christian using aggressive ways to remove the ancestor memory board and statue placed by their parent as it's been thousand years of culture before Christ time yet a terrible argument happened in family. I hope everyone to read the link(answeringenesis)  i've provided above or below on how to handle this case.

Any and every religion that teaches anything other than Jesus the Christ as Savior, leads to Satan.

That does not mean that no other religion can teach good moral values.  Some do.

But as it relates to the life that comes after this life, there is only one correct view.   Jesus Christ Crucified for Sins.

Anything short of that, is of the kingdom of darkness.

• This is Worthy 1

>>But as it relates to the life that comes after this life, there is only one correct view.   Jesus Christ Crucified for Sins

>> Anything short of that, is of the kingdom of darkness.

"Every golden Buddha in your city is a statue to Satan, as well as every Hindu idol"

#1. I think Better be mindful of putting sensitive wording online. It could be illegal under Blasphemy Law. 

#2. Buddhism and Christianity has similarity of teaching which is Enlightenment thru meditation. Well, Buddhism exists before Christ and i am not sure how it can against Christ during the innocence Prince Siddharta time? Since it has similarity so it leads to darkness also?

There are different types of meditation described in the Bible, but Jesus recommends concentration as the preferred method to union with God. In the secular realm, concentration mediation can also be known as mindfulness.

https://christaudio.com/blogs/christian-meditation/secret-bible-verses-to-christian-enlightenment-and-meditation

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  271
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 3/3/2020 at 7:50 AM, wikey321 said:

The more i study Buddhism, i found it's just a book of Science and psychology . Of course, my goal is not Nirvana because it's extremely hard and so far only a person achieved it namely Buddha. In Buddhism, we also have heaven afterlife for those fail to achieve enlightenment which is very similar to Christian.

What the message i would like to bring here is not to prove or promote Buddhism is the BEST religion but is pray to God to respect others religion. It's would be easier to influence other to accept Christ if you know well and understand the so call "Satan" or opponent strength and weakness. Let me know if i am wrong!

Hi,

What you have to realise is that ANY GENUINE TRUE CHRISTIAN MUST BY DEFINITION BELIEVE WHAT GOD THE CREATOR SAID:  Do not make idols of anything and do not worship any images of anything!

Here is GOD speaking at Exodus 20:2.

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

From this we Christians know that any other religion that makes and uses images of anything must be wrong and doomed to destruction when Jesus returns.

But if you read the Bible and can bring yourself to believe it you will find that GOD says no human survives death and no idol can move, eat or speak. 

But most importantly you will read that GOD destroyed vast numbers of people - including the Israelites! - because they made and woshipped idols. The Israelites were led by Satan to demand an idol to worship even while Moses was on the mountain speaking to GOD.   GOD ordered Moses to kill the leaders and then GOD sent a black death plague to kill many more to teach them how evil they were.   

This website detail sother slaughteres of idolaters. https://www.bethinking.org/bible/old-testament-mass-killings

So if you are wanting to remain a Buddhist and amalgamate Buddhism into Christianity you will be unacceptable to GOD and doomed to destruction.

It upsets many people but I say that if Jesus returned this moment he and his army of angels would slaughter all Catholics, Anglicans, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, JWs, Mormons, Taoists, Greek and Russian Orthodox, Freemasons, Jews, pagan tribes around the world, atheists and agnostics.  A total of perhaps 7 billion of the 7.6 billion on Earth now?

You have to choose between the only real god YAHWEH GOD or all other imaginary gods inspired by Satan.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  271
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 3/3/2020 at 7:50 AM, wikey321 said:

Your teacher has made you believe some ridiculous nonsense about there is life after death in heaven for any that do not achieve Nivana?

That is as crazy as can be!

Buddha was just a man possessed by Satan or one of his demons.  He uttered platitudes pleasing to the ear and a religion grew around him and imagined all sorts of ideas and rituals.

As for you saying you are vegetarian - Christans are allowed to eat fish, shellfish, birds and animals so long as we drain the blood out of them.   Obviously any Christian can be a vegetarian and not feel guilty of killing other life to eat.

Your teacher and many sympathisers have made you think we fundamental Christians are evil bigots but we just know the truth and want to make you understand how wrong Buddhismms is and why you cannot be both Buddhists and Christian.

Either stay in Buddhism or esle look for a nice Methodist Christian church and join their Bible study and discussion groups but do not try to push Buddhist ideas at them or they will have to tell you the truth and you will feel offended.

And do not think you can be a Buddhist in your home with idols and images and pray to them while claiming to be a Christian as GOD has millions of angels keep an eye on us all!

Edited by XRose

10 minutes ago, XRose said:

Your teacher has made you believe some ridiculous nonsense about there is life after death in heaven for any that do not achieve Nivana?

That is as crazy as can be!

Well, i really would like to quit this forum as i dont feel welcome at most. 

"Crazy, Satan, Stupid "-> well, after many years of this religions things, end up i would rather more study on something so call "Emotional Intelligence" as i believe it's ultimate goal of every single religion.

>>As for you saying you are vegetarian - Christans are allowed to eat fish, shellfish, birds and animals so long as we drain the blood out of them.   Obviously any Christian can be a >.vegetarian and not feel guilty of killing other life to eat.

I take Vege because scientifically it will improve my immune system and digestion system. Have u ever seen any vegan with a lot of sickness? I will replace the nutrition i need from supplement.

In what i knew from this Buddhism about vegan, it's a way learning how to respect and appreciating others including animal and plants. It's way practicing of compassion. 

Good bye.