• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Okay. You are going to have to explain to me  how women wearing pants is placing a stumbling block in front of you. Cause if that is the case for you, how are you able to leave your house?  

I was asked about a situation where pants were made some way where a man would look effeminate in them, not masculine at all.  I was saying that women that wear them place a stumbling block in front of other women to wear fashions that are masculine.  It isn't a stumbling block to men, unless some decide to be trailblazers and try to make feminine clothes mainstream for men.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I find it amusing that the OP ask that this not turn into a debate on women wearing pants and that is what it turn into.  I am sorry to the OP. But most of my threads get hijacked as well and turn into something else.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I find it amusing that the OP ask that this not turn into a debate on women wearing pants and that is what it turn into.  I am sorry to the OP. But most of my threads get hijacked as well and turn into something else.

Was  just thinking that

14 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

20200118_181511.jpg

This cartoon is just... Twisted. The scripture has no true relativity to it. Not really. The reason is due to the fact that the verse is pertaining to a confrontation with another in Christ. This one doesn't at all. And the guy is planning on getting drunk, then also has strong sexual overtones to it.  Sorry - weird. 

Its actually true to life. Often we  condemn  other Christians for things which  are preferences or pretty minor  while  we gladly indulge in actual sins. Ive seen a backslidden  Christian who  barely does anything except attend on Sunday morning and had habits   most Christians know not to do but  blasted another  Christian woman whos more active just because she wears tight jeans.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Its actually true to life. Often we  condemn  other Christians for things which  are preferences or pretty minor  while  we gladly indulge in actual sins.

You're stereotyping the majority of Christian men, brother. Most of us don't think in that manner. I certainly don't. Luke 6:42 pertains to personal confrontations of criticism, and they are considered hypocritical according to the Lord Jesus. The illustration and verse just doesn't match accordingly. The cartoon looked more befitting to these verses. 

Matthew 5:28 KJV 28But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

1 John 2:16 KJV 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Its actually true to life. Often we  condemn  other Christians for things which  are preferences or pretty minor  while  we gladly indulge in actual sins. Ive seen a backslidden  Christian who  barely does anything except attend on Sunday morning and had habits   most Christians know not to do but  blasted another  Christian woman whos more active just because she wears tight jeans.

Christians really need to spend their time being kind and helping one another. Instead of standing around casting harsh judgments at people.  A story comes to mind of a Christian family who moved next door to my grandma's house. My grandma was in her 70's and needed help mowing the lawn. I did my best to help but I was working 2 jobs at the time and it just became too much for me. This Christian family went over to grandma's house and mowed the lawn for her. For no pay.  I was blown away at their kindness. No one had ever done that before. It is this sort of thing that Christians should be doing. Not standing off to the side and pointing out the faults of others.  

That is just what I think. 

Edited by LadyKay
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Most of us don't think in that manner.

I think you hit the point right there. A true Christian would not be doing this sort of thing.  This man in this cartoon maybe a church going. But he is not a Christian. (I can make that judgment because it is a cartoon and not a real person)  :)

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I think you hit the point right there. A true Christian would not be doing this sort of thing.  This man in this cartoon maybe a church going. But he is not a Christian. (I can make that judgment because it is a cartoon and not a real person)  :)

I have seen people come in here telling us it is wrong to celebrate Christmas and Easter and saying we need to keep the 7th day Sabbath, and I am always respectful of them.  At the same time, I don't see others affording me and others the same courtesy.  

I also have encountered a woman here who defended women in pants, but attacked the way a woman came to her church over something she thought inappropriate.  

I disagree with the whole premise of the OP that we should be all accepting, and given the picture, there was no way to avoid pants coming up.

Christians really need to spend their time being kind and helping one another. Instead of standing around casting harsh judgments at people.  A story comes to mind of a Christian family who moved next door to my grandma's house. My grandma was in her 70's and needed help mowing the lawn. I did my best to help but I was working 2 jobs at the time and it just became too much for me. This Christian family went over to grandma's house and mowed the lawn for her. For no pay.  I was blown away at their kindness. No one had ever done that before. It is this sort of thing that Christians should be doing. Not standing off to the side and pointing out the faults of others.  

That is just what I think. 

i agree

tbh. i wouldnt say that. when a christian backslides, there literally no limit to how low they can go. rom past observationss and experience