Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

There's a number of interpretations in the parable about the "ten virgins"; the five wise and five foolish. There's a lot of symbology with the lamps and oil too. It just occurred to me, both the bridegroom and the bride are already inside; and the five wise virgins are allowed entrance to the wedding, the five foolish are not. 

If the bridegroom is representative of Jesus, and the bride is representative of the the church [all the saved during the church age; the age of Grace]; they are both inside, whom are these on the outside invited in? Could it be...?

Are they guests 'not' from the 'church age', invited to witness and partake of the marriage ceremony and feast of the marriage of the Lamb? Is my thought process and understanding accurate?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

are you sure the church and the Bride are synonymous?  What man marries His own Body?

16 minutes ago, Jostler said:

are you sure the church and the Bride are synonymous?  What man marries His own Body?

Yes. It's my life long belief the church [composed of individual believers in the church age, age of Grace, having the Holy Spirit indwelling them], is the bride of Christ. What's your view?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yes. It's my life long belief the church [composed of individual believers in the church age, age of Grace, having the Holy Spirit indwelling them], is the bride of Christ. What's your view?

let me sorta lead your thinking with another question:

And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

“For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

The context there is the judgement of the Harlot.  He exhorts HIS PEOPLE to come out of her....or suffer her judgements with her.  Do you think He's going to marry those who ignore His exhortation? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

The foolish virgins are representative of those who have not believed the gospel. They are people that are busy with life's matters without a care about the coming judgment and afterlife. Many people want to do their thing, and have fun now. They think that they will still be able to give their life to Christ at the last minute. We are to give our lives to Christ now and trust in him to save us now, because we may never get another chance to accept the gospel later on down the road. After death we won't have a chance to receive Christ as Savior.

Just now, appy said:

The foolish virgins are representative of those who have not believed the gospel. They are people that are busy with life's matters without a care about the coming judgment and afterlife. Many people want to do their thing, and have fun now. They think that they will still be able to give their life to Christ at the last minute. We are to give our lives to Christ now and trust in him to save us now, because we may never get another chance to except the gospel later on down the road. After death we won't have a chance to receive Christ as Savior.

you sure?  where did the foolish ones get any oil then?

Just now, Abby-Joy said:
One thing to take note of is that they're all virgins..... 

and in addition to that, the "division" in the parable is between foolish and wise, not saved and unsaved

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

8 minutes ago, Jostler said:

let me sorta lead your thinking with another question:

The context there is the judgement of the Harlot.  He exhorts HIS PEOPLE to come out of her....or suffer her judgements with her.  Do you think He's going to marry those who ignore His exhortation? 

Well, I don't particularly want to debate my thoughts but. It's my hermeneutics that portion of Revelation could be talking about the worlds largest religion with about 1.6 billion adherents? To me, the description fits like a glove.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

The foolish 5 didn't get any oil

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well, I don't particularly want to debate my thoughts but. It's my hermeneutics that portion of Revelation could be talking about the worlds largest religion with about 1.6 billion adherents? To me, the description fits like a glove.

could well be.  I think it's more than just that, but even so...He is calling to His own to come out.  I personally think the Catholic hierarchy fits too...but it's not the only religious institution that likes to play footsie with the world

• Thumbs Up 1