• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,703
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, Tigger56 said:

That is panic and unfounded. More people die everyday of the normal run of the flu than have died from the Corona-virus.  

We are already overwhelmed. Medical facilities, doctors offices, pharmacies, are already stretched way beyond normal. 

The risk to funeral personnel that make removals of the dead, and to coroner's offices is high already.  Yes there can very quickly be the sad shortage that of a lack of body bags. Not a panic, just another reality to deal with once again.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

so far. and if people are not being tested, how do you know what you have said is true. I'm done wasting time on selfish people who are wilfully ignoring all evidence.

So no more posts from you.... okay. 

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

We are already overwhelmed. Medical facilities, doctors offices, pharmacies, are already stretched way beyond normal. 

The risk to funeral personnel that make removals of the dead, and to coroner's offices is high already.  Yes there can very quickly be the sad shortage that of a lack of body bags. Not a panic, just another reality to deal with once again.

They are overwhelmed because of the panic and fear. Many seeking treatments and examinations because of fear. How many have actually died from the virus and how does that compare to other causes of death that occur everyday in our world?

• Thumbs Up 1

I REPEAT: if you do that, without taking precautions, using gloves etc, the next person you meet, for at least two days, will be infected. You will be spreading the virus and increasing the death rate. There are a lot of vulnerable and old people out there. Protect them. What harm would it do if the government is wrong about this, compared to the harm if the government is right?

Won't wear gloves. Will wash my hands. I thought you were replying to any more posts?

Just now, maryjayne said:

the disease is symptomless for up to 14 days. You wont know if you are carrying infection. If we just follow government guidelines and precautions we are not spreading it through contact. It lives on objects for up to 3 days. We may never get sick, but we will still be spreading it by contact to others who could die.

In that case I guess everyone should stock up with toilet paper and hide out at least 14 days at the same time. Then the disease would stop.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am hoping you wont be among those who are selfish or willfully risking others by ignoring medical advice. I am praying you listen to reason and good sound advice. 

What harm does it do to take the precautions, and then find out there is nothing to worry about? Compared to the harm of not taking precautions and discovering that the medical people were right?

Sorry, I will go about my normal routine. I will take the normal precautions of typical good hygiene. But won't hide and won't live in fear. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

8 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

That is panic and unfounded. More people die everyday of the normal run of the flu than have died from the Corona-virus.  

Braggadociousness is not a helpful trait when dealing with diseases. It is not panic to cooperate with government agencies, it is expected of Christians. It is also commanded by God:

Romans 13 English Standard Version (ESV)

Submission to the Authorities

13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,  for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.  For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing.  Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

10 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Sorry, I will go about my normal routine. I will take the normal precautions of typical good hygiene. But won't hide and won't live in fear. 

Sounds like deep fear to me. A whistling in the dark. 

31 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

But we will not forsake the assembling together to worship the Lord. 

There is no forsaking when one obeys God's command to obey government for He has appointed it.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

24 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

and for the same reasons that we are concerned about covid....   people have lousy hygiene  and social skills, so we sacrifice thousands of people a year to this bug.   Problem is that covid is about 5 times as infectious and 50 times as deadly....    don't take total numbers as to the level of danger between these two viruses, for hopefully we don't be able to compare them in real time.

But if the infection rate and death rate go along with our normal lifestyles and we don't do these things that you call a panic there should be between two and a half to three million people die....   and God only knows the life changing damage to the lungs of people we don't seem to even consider.

One positive note though it seems to be killing mostly old people so it will have a positive effect on the financial stability of the Social Security funds..

• Thumbs Up 1