• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Luke 22:  36, Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Let's finish the account of what happened; Christ said ok take the two swords; Luke 22:38, we can safely assume that Christ was tempted to Not get captured! -> Luke 22:40-46.

But He overcame that temptation via prayer, and a willingness to have the Father's will be done. Therefore when a sword was actually used; Luke 22:50 He said "allow even this" and healed the wound: Luke 22:51 and in other accounts we know He said "Put up again thy sword into its place: for all that take up the sword shall perish with the sword... how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled [Daniel 9:26] that thus it must be?" Matthew 26:52-54

Therefore the full context and account given in Luke 22/Matthew 26 would also steer us away from 'sword' use.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

32 minutes ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

Let's finish the account of what happened; Christ said ok take the two swords; Luke 22:38, we can safely assume that Christ was tempted to Not get captured! -> Luke 22:40-46.

But He overcame that temptation via prayer, and a willingness to have the Father's will be done. Therefore when a sword was actually used; Luke 22:50 He said "allow even this" and healed the wound: Luke 22:51 and in other accounts we know He said "Put up again thy sword into its place: for all that take up the sword shall perish with the sword... how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled [Daniel 9:26] that thus it must be?" Matthew 26:52-54

Therefore the full context and account given in Luke 22/Matthew 26 would also steer us away from 'sword' use.

If you have read the entire thread you will see where I have addressed this. Jesus told Peter to put away his sword, not, "O'h Peter what are you doing, you have a sword?" He told Peter to put away his sword because the time was right for Jesus to do what He had to do, to be taken captive and to die for us.

There is no getting away from the fact, that Jesus told His disciples to arm themselves, in case they are attacked by thieves or robbers when He sent them out to preach, with out Him. They were on their own. They actually had swords when one said, we have two, Christ said that's enough. No different to any group going out into hostile territory and having two firearms for self protection and defence.

I only had one when I was confronted by at least 6 and that was more than enough, they ran like chooks with their heads cut off. Now had I not had my pump action shotgun when accosted, and said, "Wait on guys for a moment or three," and fell to my knees and started to pray, do you think God would have sent an angel down to protect me and my family." Do you think the gang would have sat and waited for me to finish praying? God may have known, or not known what was going to happen, but you can rest assure that God had provided me with the resources to take care of me and mine. Just like he provided me with insurance when my home was damaged during a savage storm. God expects people to look after themselves if and when they can.

I mean, why should I have to work 12 hour shifts, day and night for many years in an extremely dangerous environment? Could I have said;  "God, I'm really tired and getting older, I think I will stay home from now on and let you look after and feed me and my family."

No God says we must look after ourselves and our families.

You don't work, you don't eat.

2 Thess. 3: 10, For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

The disciples worked, why didn't God feed and look after them?

2 Thess. 3: 8, Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

Its the same with self defence. Yes, love your enemies, do good to them that abuse you, but don't let the, walk all over you and your household like a dirty floor matt.

Edited by HAZARD
correct typo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/20/2020 at 10:36 AM, Figure of eighty said:

Talked to a friend and her significant other went to get a gun and said the lines were long. I also read about this in the news too --people purchasing guns. 

Do people need to be this afraid? 

Is it neglectful at this point to not have some form of protection with the way things are going? 

Watching the news now and theyre saying individuals who worked in 2018 and made under 95k get 1200.  Im not sure how it'll play out with people knowing everyone will be getting a check in the mail. 

Idk do you guys for see a possible surge in violence? 

Well I'm curious, and am going to ask since you have brought up concern : Based upon your various presentations  here about your situations, just what would you be worried about losing? You would spend $800 to $1500 on a decent weapon using a potential $1200 federal government script/check, in order to try and protect  what? I don't see an issue to be concerned about myself, Why not just use limited funds for you and your baby?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,449
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I often contemplate what will those who actually engage with whom the word tells us is our real enemy do.  What arms and ammunition are they going to use to keep that foe at bay.  We are told clearly, that the Christian  war is not against flesh and blood, but the spiritual host of wickedness in high places, Ephesians 6:12.   What use would the most advance weapon be of, for  the foe that you cannot see, but exist and yes they are real, just ask me.  

We are told to put on the full armor of God.  Make some time for the study of this vital subject.

Yes, Satan do use men who are flesh and blood to do his evil doings, but then what is our faith about.  Men would tremble when you call on the Lord in time of trouble and situations.   It would though take faith like Stephen , who was stoned to death, and still asked for those who stoned him to be forgiven.  Can we do that, or do we really need that thing at our bedside. 

We live in an age where the use of the  Gun allowed us to conquer and tame beast and also to imprison and invade nations.  Some see it as a necessity or necessary evil.  Today, we are supposed to be civilized, with army and police, but still does not feel safe.  Yes, there are many situations where the law and protective services are not able to respond in timely manner ect, and therefore the need to have some measure of "protection".  I understand that and for those who feel that way, then as long as the law allows, then it's legal and lawful.

There are many scriptures though that will pierce the believers heart as to his trust and faithfulness in taking up arms as protection.  As I said, I am not against any one who choose to do so, but his spiritual life is between him and his maker.

Psalm 3 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

Psalm 3

A Psalm of David. When he fled from Absalom his son.

Lord, how they are increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me.

Many are saying of me, There is no help for him in God. Selah[pause, and calmly think of that]!

But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.

With my voice I cry to the Lord, and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

I lay down and slept; I wakened again, for the Lord sustains me.

I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.

Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God! For You have struck all my enemies on the cheek; You have broken the teeth of the ungodly.

Salvation belongs to the Lord; May Your blessing be upon Your people. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

2 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Do you think the gang would have sat and waited for me to finish praying?

I got attacked once, they punched me in the face, I saw it and heard it, but felt nothing. Christ already took the pain. I called the cops, they ran. Whatever Christ has planned to happen is what I want to happen. To be fully sure of that I keep His teachings very dear, especially in life and death situations, because I believe that He rose from the dead.

3 minutes ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

I got attacked once, they punched me in the face, I saw it and heard it, but felt nothing. Christ already took the pain. I called the cops, they ran. Whatever Christ has planned to happen is what I want to happen. To be fully sure of that I keep His teachings very dear, especially in life and death situations, because I believe that He rose from the dead.

So your saying God planned this?? Are you surmising God is the author of sin now? Why didn't God stop the punch. Why would God plan to have you attacked? Seems to me, God was not by your side when you were attacked and punched. Lucky you were not hit in the face with a 44 magnum bullet.

These following passages reveal that providence is working toward the final end and that there is a special providence for saints that is not enjoyed by sinners (Ps. 34:7-10; 37:1-12, 23-28; Prov. 3:6; Mt. 6:33; Rom. 8:28). Saints so often take sickness, accidents, financial loss, and other adversities as manifestations of providence, but the fact is that these things are never the direct will of God and are never caused directly by God. They are caused by the evil forces that more or less control the world social order in this period of rebellion against God on the Earth.

The same is true of accidents, financial losses, and other troubles among men. God desires to help man, and it is His highest will for man to prosper and be blessed with all good things of life, and in the final restitution of all things, when Satan and all evil forces have been destroyed and the Earth rid of all rebellion, there will not be any of these troubles. This demonstrates the highest will of God. It is only now by the permissive will of God that these things continue until the time of the final removal of them in the New Earth. God wants man now to learn that sin and rebellion does not pay, so that when all things are restored as before the Fall, man will not sin any more.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Why would God plan to have you attacked?

Why is there a devil? Why is there evil? Because God is love, and every conscious being He created He also gave free will, and therefore He has allowed for sin and death.

God planned on sending His Son to suffer and die. Perhaps He did plan on me getting punched that day, so that I could feel, no pain, and realize His power, and then relay the testimony to you dear one. So yep, maybe it's all for you, that's why.  "No weapon formed against you shall prosper... this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord..." Isaiah 54:17.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 3/22/2020 at 10:00 PM, HAZARD said:

Hi.

It is not neglectful at this point to not have some form of protection with the way things are going? Self defence is God ordained.

There is no denying it, self defence is God ordained, or these Scriptures would not be in His Word.

Luke 11:21-22;

V, 21 "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are
in peace.

V, 22 But when a stronger than he comes upon him and overcomes him, he takes from
him all his armour in which he trusted, and divides his spoils."

And how can the master of the house prevent his house from being broken into except that he use deadly force?

Luke 12:39, "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the
thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken
into."

Which leads us back to Exodus 22:2, "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies,
there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed."

Gen 9:6, Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God made He man.

Pro. 25:26, A righteous man falling down before the wicked is a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.

A man once said to me;  "No where does it say in Scripture that the apostles carried swords."

Here was my answer;

Luke 22:36, "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

And in Luke 22:38, "And they said, Lord, behold here are two swords. And He said unto them, It is enough."

God does not like His brethren to fall before the wicked;

Proverbs 25:26, "A righteous man falling down before the wicked is a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring."

In other words, Defend your selves Spiritually as well as physically.

A covenant made with Noah;

Genesis 9:6, Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

For perpetual generations.

Genesis 9: 12, And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

I agree, Nothing wrong in bearing arms. Definitely getting myself one.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

11 minutes ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

Why is there a devil? Why is there evil? Because God is love, and every conscious being He created He also gave free will, and therefore He has allowed for sin and death.

God planned on sending His Son to suffer and die. Perhaps He did plan on me getting punched that day, so that I could feel, no pain, and realize His power, and then relay the testimony to you dear one. So yep, maybe it's all for you, that's why.  "No weapon formed against you shall prosper... this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord..." Isaiah 54:17.

The devil  is Lucifer, once a beautiful arc-angel, who rebelled and tried to knock God off His Throne, but failed. God gave Lucifer free will. God did not plan for Lucifer to rebel. Just as God did not plan for you to get punched so that you could feel, no pain, and realize His power, and then relay the testimony! You are, by saying this, accusing God of being the author of sin, sickness and disease. Maybe you are looking forward to attacked again and again so that you could feel, no pain, and realize His power and end up in hospital, or even dead?

You can then say; "God why did you allow this to happen to me?" 

I allowed this to happen to you so that you could feel, no pain, and realize My power.

If you believe that, you, even if you felt no pain were hit in the head a little too too hard.

9 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I agree, Nothing wrong in bearing arms. Definitely getting myself one.

Good for you. Common sense prevailed.