vic66

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  901
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

hi all.  Just a small note.  Would like to share something.

I came across this news article online earlier (an asian newspaper site). 

I don't know if the person mentioned in this article is a Christian or not....  But I thought what he did or tried to do.. was amazing.. :o

To try to put others safety and well being first .. instead of oneself.. 

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2020/04/08/incredible-journey-sabah-man-walks-120km-home-to-kota-marudu-after-returning-from-japan-picks-up-dog-along-the-way#cxrecs_s

Just wanted to share thats all.  Thought it was kinda amazing. 

:)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings just_abc

I(& probably some others) won't or can't click on external links-personally I do not & even when I am "tempted"LOL to my Anti-Malware etc,,,prevents me from doing so 9 times out of 10....Anyway,would it be possible you wouldn't mind sharing(just a brief lil summary)?   I'd appreciate it because it sounds POSITIVE & the negativity gets tiring

With much love,Your Sister Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

A man,  identified as Alixson Mangundok, 34 walked from Kota Kinabalu International Airport on foot to to his hometown of Kota Marudu. A three days journey. According to the article he was supposed to undergo a 2 week quarantine, but rather than take any public transport or family come pick him up, he set out on foot. Along the way he met a dog that adopted him and the two walked to his destination. His reason for walking was so that he wanted to make sure that he would not be sharing the virus with anyone else. Upon arriving at his destination, he put himself in quarantine right away. According to the article his family hasn't gotten to visit him just yet.

• Praise God! 1

On 4/8/2020 at 4:57 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings just_abc

I(& probably some others) won't or can't click on external links-

Oops sorry kwik!   :)The website link is to a reputable newspaper.  But I understand being careful about clicking links on the internet.  There are a lot of weird sites and even viruses etc out there.. ack :blink:

On 4/8/2020 at 5:24 PM, appy said:

Thanks very much appy :)

There has been a small correction in the article.  His hometown was possibly about 120 km away..  but he apparently walked about 70 km over three days or so.. before his family member found out he was walking back and someone brought a vehicle to him so he could drive back by himself the rest of the way :)

On 4/8/2020 at 5:24 PM, appy said:

His reason for walking was so that he wanted to make sure that he would not be sharing the virus with anyone else. 

This is what I found so amazing appy....  That someone would be willing to walk such a long distance to get home.. instead of taking public transport or getting a ride with relatives.... just so that they would not accidently pass a virus to someone else.... even complete strangers.  To me that is like putting the well being of others first before ourselves.  Even if that means having to walk for days....

(And he did not even know if he had the virus or not.... Yet did not want to risk the lives or well being of others )

Amazing!

Edited by just_abc
  • Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, appy said:

A man,  identified as Alixson Mangundok, 34 walked from Kota Kinabalu International Airport on foot to to his hometown of Kota Marudu. A three days journey. According to the article he was supposed to undergo a 2 week quarantine, but rather than take any public transport or family come pick him up, he set out on foot. Along the way he met a dog that adopted him and the two walked to his destination. His reason for walking was so that he wanted to make sure that he would not be sharing the virus with anyone else. Upon arriving at his destination, he put himself in quarantine right away. According to the article his family hasn't gotten to visit him just yet.

Oh wow-thanks so much for sharing (& writing it out,lol) I 'm glad I heard that beautiful story,warms the heart

Thanks again Sis:heart:

28 minutes ago, just_abc said:

Oops sorry kwik!   :)

No worries Beloved....that's why I simply ask,I know you'd care if I asked.....we can always ask each other ANYTHING,it's how we roll,lOL                                  Love you,Your Sis Kwik:emot-hug:

And I'm glad I did because thats a story worth reading!!!!! Thank you

Edited by kwikphilly

13 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

And I'm glad I did because thats a story worth reading!!!!! Thank you

You are most welcome sis.  :)

That story really struck me.  That someone would go to such lengths to put others first.. amazing....

Ps  Thanks for the smiley hugs.   :wub:

Edited by just_abc
  • Loved it! 1

20 minutes ago, just_abc said:

Thanks for the smiley hugs.

I mean it!!! I keep forgetting to ask you,since I've been back I noticed your different avatar.....what does it say(I'm terrible with Hebrew!:40:)

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

I keep forgetting to ask you,since I've been back I noticed your different avatar.....what does it say

It is the letters.... c.... b.... a....    (but the script is read from right to left.. so it is actually.. a  b  c  ;) ).

But it is not hebrew though.  It is an old script of an asian language.  The script possibly originated from arabic script.. so there are some similarities with some arabic letters of the alphabet.. but also some differences too. 

Ps   welcome back to worthy!