• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/24/2020 at 4:34 AM, LadyKay said:

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15

trusting in God by faith isn't being foolish

Edited by vic66
  • Praise God! 1

On 3/24/2020 at 4:34 AM, LadyKay said:

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15

1 Corinthians 1:26-29 King James Version (KJV)

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

54 minutes ago, vic66 said:

trusting in God by faith God isn't being foolish

Your not God. 

15 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Your not God. 

he that have an hear let him hear

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33

On 3/23/2020 at 7:18 PM, vic66 said:

God gives you logic and wisdom, along with the scriptures and asks that you use all 3.

Let say the CoronaVirus is a room full of poisonous Vipers, and you know they are in there..

Do you go in there because the NT says "no deadly thing"...... or because you feel that if Jesus can walk on water, you can walk on snakes?

Wisdom says..... God is in control.   But reality says, that if you go in that room and step on a snake, you are going to get bit, and its your fault.

The virus is a snake that can be avoided.  And if it cant be in your case, or mine, then unless its our time to be with the Father, we will recover.

If it is our time to be with the Father, then that is GREAT, as its far better to be with Jesus for 1 second then a billion more years down here in this carnal sensual ditch.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

When Jesus was was tempted by satan he said go up to the high pillar and jump off for it is written the angels will up hold you less you dash your foot against a stone. Jesus said it is also written  thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

It is also written its a terrible thing to fall into the hands of an angry God. Moses told Pharo That the first born in Egypt  will die he was instructed of God to  paint blood of goats over their doors so that the death angel would pass them by. The death angel is stalking outside our doors right now People are terrified, and rightly so

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92

24 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

Let he who has a heart shut up. 

I love you! :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,167
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

20 hours ago, vic66 said:

It still not a substitute for Christian coming together, Act4:23-37

The church is the the bride of christ at which every member is to supply to the edification of the whole body either in corporate worship or house meetings.This is how God intended for us to show love, correct, rebuke and help one another with material and emotional needs.

Not everyone as got internet connection and it is not as private as a one to one face meeting.

Virtual meetings are not meant to be a permanent replacement for meeting together, but this pandemic is a different situation. People have died of this corona virus. It's not a joke.

Yes, the church is the bride of Christ. Its not persecution when they're shutting down everything due to a pandemic. It just means we do things differently for awhile.

Its true that not everyone has an internet connection - but most do through their (smart)phones, and there's always that phone call that can be made to that senior citizen that has no family in the area . . .

Speaking only for myself: I don't care for the idea of having to give account to Christ at the bema for why I didn't use good sense and stay home from church - and brought the virus to the congregation by doing so (and possibly causing one or more deaths.)  So I'm not going for now. I learned how to survive times away from church a long time ago. It's not fun, but it is survivable. It'll be a really good day when I can go back, but that time is not yet.

Like the Preacher says in Ecclesiastes, "There's nothing new under the sun." This kind of thing happened about 102 years ago or so with the Spanish Flu and the church survived just fine. So did the USA, oddly enough. The cities in the US that took the strictest measures actually recovered quicker because more people survived that epidemic. Yes, they closed churches, pool halls, bars, theaters, the whole thing to help stop the epidemic back then. It worked. It will work again. Odd how we never hear that from the lame stream media, eh?

I don't like not being able to go to church. I don't like staying home, especially when that home is a studio apartment. But this too will pass, and the church will soldier on just as Jesus said.

Edited by walla299
Edited a few things.
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,167
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

21 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

The world is not falling to pieces. The pieces are falling into place.

Yep. That they are.

I have to keep an eye on the news as a part of my job, but I've noticed lots more calls for "global governance" and international type laws/regulations as a result of all the lock downs in many countries. The chess pieces are definitely being moved into position.

Such is life in such "interesting times."

On 3/24/2020 at 6:05 AM, just_abc said:

One issue with this particular virus.. is that even when people are infected or infectious..... they might not necessarily be displaying any symptoms yet or possibly at all.....

So even if one thinks one is not sick....  one might actually be infectious or carrying the virus.....and unintentionally spread the virus to others.. potentially causing the death of some.... especially those in high risk categories....

Or in other words it is not just about protecting ourselves.. but also about protecting others....  even those we might not have even met.. (since we could potentially give the virus to someone... who then gives it to someone else... etc)

On 3/24/2020 at 5:36 PM, JustPassingThru said:

I read a scientific document many years ago that because of the winds on this earth, people living in the 20th century were "breathing" the same air as their great grandparents and even family members who had lived 100's and thousands of years ago.

Now we know from our High School Physics class that atoms can not be destroyed, except in a Nuclear fusion, and we know there has not been too many.

So then if there is someone affected in our neighborhood, city, county, state, there is a very great possibility we are breathing air they have exhaled, ...there is always a wind blowing.

That means there are many who are "infected," but not "showing" any symptoms, so six feet or six yards, or six miles of "separation" is "not" going to protect us.

The "only" true "protection is in our God, ...Jehovah Rapha, ...the "God Who heals us,"  and He has been "healing" us since our conception, ...so why worry now?

If you logically and rationally think about it, the "mask" is allowing the air we breath to pass through it, ...if they need a microscope to see and identify the virus, ...how is a "mask" going to filter out the atomic particles of the virus, ...I wear a mask in my cabinet shop to filter out dust, ...but I'm still breathing air, ...beside what I have observed with the people wearing masks here is there are gaps around the edges of the masks that allows unfiltered air in... 

Yes as children of God we obey the government, until their mandate goes against the Word of God, ...so we "respect" and "obey" the government, ...but our faith and confidence is in our God.

I respect and obey the government sanctions here, ...but I "tell" people my "confidence" is NOT in a mask, ...but in my God

Lord bless 

Amen brother sounds good to me. thank you

It get lonely sometimes but I stand in faith knowing God word will prevail in the end