• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,441
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

The name of my Lord is Jesus Christ.

Amen brother, Amen.   The verses below should end this discussion and glad that we had it.

Repentance is wonderful and I do it too. The verses below states clearly how a man is saved.  

edit....  I am aware of Acts 2:38 where peter said to repent and be baptized.   So, if a man feels he should do this. Do it, it is  the word.

Romans 10 King James Version (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

55 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I sort of like following Jesus.

Sort of? look in scripture we have an example of some that thought they could keep the law and didn't Sin, They Genuinely thought they were following God but were actually following Baal, Can you answer at least one Question and I will be happy to leave it there, What do you say The Gospel Is

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

Just now, Reflection said:

Sort of? look in scripture we have an example of some that thought they could keep the law and didn't Sin, They Genuinely thought they were following God but were actually following Baal, Can you answer at least one Question and I will be happy to leave it there, What do you say The Gospel Is

Point being, I will follow Jesus and not you guys.

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

Point being, I will follow Jesus and not you guys.

So you wont even answer one question? , I Never said to follow me just answer an honest question but you just avoid them? Can you answer one at least What do you say The Gospel Is?

11 minutes ago, Reflection said:

So you wont even answer one question? , I Never said to follow me just answer an honest question but you just avoid them? Can you answer one at least What do you say The Gospel Is?

Are you looking for a definition for the word "Gospel," or are you looking for the purpose of the life of Jesus? 

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

Are you looking for a definition for the word "Gospel," or are you looking for the purpose of the life of Jesus? 

Because the answers I was getting didn't relate to what I was saying, So I wanted you to tell me The Gospel according to you, so I could see what you really think and move on

Just now, Reflection said:

Because the answers I was getting didn't relate to what I was saying, So I wanted you to tell me The Gospel according to you, so I could see what you really think and move on

I can see at least three things Jesus accomplished while on earth. First, he died for our sins, ransoming us from Satan. Second, he taught us how to live our lives. Third, he set an example for us, which might explain why he referred to himself as the Son of man rather than God.

Thanks for an honest answer, I understand a lot more now, A lot of churches teach Jesus died and try leave it there, There is more on the other side of the cross, He rose from the grave, The New testament in his blood,Don't Neglect Paul's Teachings, The Gospel of the Grace of God, You Wouldn't have most of the new testament without Jesus teachings through Paul

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Edited by Reflection
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Another example: The criminal on the cross next to Jesus. He didn't have the chance to show repentance, yet he was going to be with Jesus in paradise that very same day.

I am convinced that the thief was no different than any other sinner who went from an Unbeliever To  a Believer and therefore obtained Salvation.....He was convicted of Sin ( “we are getting what we deserve”)......He TURNED TO JESUS  ( That “ Turning” is the only Repentance That plays a role in Salvation )  and he put his Faith in Jesus to save him.Plus NOTHING. He Believed Jesus was who He claimed to be- God in the Flesh. (“ Remember me when you come into Your Kingdom” )

Anything less than what the Thief did is not enough to save a person.......Anything more is just add on......He had no time to build up rewards.Other than that, he is no different from anybody else that went through the Salvation experience —- see that you are a Sinner That needs a Savior ( Conviction by the Holy Spirit) ...Turn To Jesus for help ( Repentance).....Put your Trust in Jesus alone to save you ( Faith )

That is the Formula that worked 2000 years ago. That Formula still works today.It worked for me.

“Turn to me and I will Turn to you”..... yep , it’s that simple...... 

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I can see at least three things Jesus accomplished while on earth. First, he died for our sins, ransoming us from Satan. Second, he taught us how to live our lives. Third, he set an example for us, which might explain why he referred to himself as the Son of man rather than God.

The Son of Man was the title of the Messiah given in the O.T.   He is God born of Mary.  He also calls Himself the " I AM:"in John 8 which is what God called Himself in Exodus 3, before He called Himself YHWH or Jehovah.  This is translated LORD in most translations because His Name is too holy to say aloud.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  Joh 1:2  He was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:3  All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. Joh 1:4  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men;

Joh 1:14  And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, glory as of an only begotten from the Father, full of grace and of truth.

Colosians 1 and Philipians 2 also speak of Jesus being our Creator.