• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

It isn’t about what we understand – it’s about what we do: 

Did God give us a bible so that we can ignore it as you have, since 1973, and are unable to even have a conversation about the basics of Faith or "born again"?

So, you are on the wrong Forum to be lecturing Christians.

There is no proof that you are one, as you can't even explain the Gospel, so, how can you have believed what you can't even explain?

"faith cometh by hearing the Gospel", and you can't even tell us what it is, in the last 8 days of people asking you.....

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Did God give us a bible so that we can ignore it as you have, since 1973, and are unable to even have a conversation about the basics of Faith or "born again"?

So, you are on the wrong Forum to be lecturing Christians.

There is no proof that you are one, as you can't even explain the Gospel, so, how can you have believed what you can't even explain?

"faith cometh by hearing the Gospel", and you can't even tell us what it is, in the last 8 days of people asking you.....

The Bible contains the teachings of God and Jesus. These are always to be believed and obeyed. As for the teachings of Paul and others, they can be very helpful, also.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.88
  • Days Won:  64

Ivan, 

Sorry you are going through this.  God knows your heart and what you really think and feel.  Just because you have a thought come in does not mean you are agreeing with it or entertaining it.  You can reject it.  You don't agree with that thought and God know's it.  If you feel you need more just ask God to forgive you ... he knows your struggles.  

I know someone going through therapy (not a christian therapist) for ocd.  The therapist tells the person to say to the thought OCD you are a liar and I am not going to listen to you.  Hope this helps. 

This lady is a christian who has OCD she even had it as a child but it was slight then and went away but later in life came back very strong (now) but she has had improvement with this therapy.

We also know who else is a liar and the Father of lies.  

May I suggest you put yourself a prayer request in the prayer areas.  

Praying for you right now Ivan.  

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

2 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

Ivan, 

Sorry you are going through this.  God knows your heart and what you really think and feel.  Just because you have a thought come in does not mean you are agreeing with it or entertaining it.  You can reject it.  You don't agree with that thought and God know's it.  If you feel you need more just ask God to forgive you ... he knows your struggles.  

I know someone going through therapy (not a christian therapist) for ocd.  The therapist tells the person to say to the thought OCD you are a liar and I am not going to listen to you.  Hope this helps. 

This lady is a christian who has OCD she even had it as a child but it was slight then and went away but later in life came back very strong (now) but she has had improvement with this therapy.

We also know who else is a liar and the Father of lies.  

May I suggest you put yourself a prayer request in the prayer areas.  

Praying for you right now Ivan.  

Thank you so much! By entertain them you mean entertain the thoughts with a blasphemous intent right? Like how one entertains a lust thought with lustful intent. I've been brooding over these thoughts questioning myself if I really thought that and that kind of OCD loop similar to harm OCD. The accusatory self doubt that accompanies it is awful.

Edited by F_Ivan

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.88
  • Days Won:  64

1 hour ago, F_Ivan said:

Thank you so much! By entertain them you mean entertain the thoughts with a blasphemous intent right? Like how one entertains a lust thought with lustful intent. I've been brooding over these thoughts questioning myself if I really thought that and that kind of OCD loop similar to harm OCD. The accusatory self doubt that accompanies it is awful.

Ivan you are very welcome.  Yes, that's what I mean like entertaining thoughts and lust.  

May I say, that you just give it to God tell him how you don't feel that way and you love Him.  When you pray you can say if any part of those thoughts were me forgive me.   Ask for help and deliverance from this and healing from OCD. OCD is a bully the therapist tells this person I know.  You have to stand up to the bully.  And say no!

Trust God to forgive you.   And just focus on God and get away from too much self-focus.   Try to do something else after you pray like listen to good worship music and singing is also great to do along with the music.   Have a verse too memorized or written to think on.  I love Psalm 23 and 91 very much.  I hope this helps I am no expert only know a few things.  Please forgive if anything is not a help I really want to try to help but my prayers are the best I can do for you.

1 John 1:9 New International Version (NIV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 

• Group:  Mars Hill

1 hour ago, F_Ivan said:

Something that will help you is to replace the tormenting thought with bible verses.

Do you have any memorized?

Do you have a bible?    You need to read the Gospel of John a lot, and let its words become very familiar to you, as this Gospel is uniquely  soothing to a troubled soul.

Replacement thinking is something you need to begin to practice.  And that is, when you have an attacking thought, you need to turn your mind to a thought that is about the Love of God, or you need to think about a favorite scripture that you can focus on and recite in your mind.

You are letting your head be dominated by thoughts that are upsetting you, so you need to begin to counter them with thoughts that remind you that God loves you and wants you to be at peace.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

28 minutes ago, Amanda Frances said:

Ivan you are very welcome.  Yes, that's what I mean like entertaining thoughts and lust.  

May I say, that you just give it to God tell him how you don't feel that way and you love Him.  When you pray you can say if any part of those thoughts were me forgive me.   Ask for help and deliverance from this and healing from OCD. OCD is a bully the therapist tells this person I know.  You have to stand up to the bully.  And say no!

Trust God to forgive you.   And just focus on God and get away from too much self-focus.   Try to do something else after you pray like listen to good worship music and singing is also great to do along with the music.   Have a verse too memorized or written to think on.  I love Psalm 23 and 91 very much.  I hope this helps I am no expert only know a few things.  Please forgive if anything is not a help I really want to try to help but my prayers are the best I can do for you.

1 John 1:9 New International Version (NIV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 

Thanks. What about in the case of whenever I get these thoughts I try to rebuke them in Jesus name, I know I shouldnt say stuff like get behind me satan because I fear I might accidentally think of the HS when saying the devils name. I got the blasphemous thoughts again and said get behind me satan against my better judgement and then ended up thinking or some negative OCD thought popped up "im too weak to not think of the HS name when saying that" and ended up accidentally thinking of the HS When rebuking the thoughts again. Except I feel like i shouldve had better judgement and not said get behind me satan or impulsively thought of "oh no im too weak to resist thinking of the hs while saying that" if i knew that was a possibility of happening, therefore it's not accidental? I hope this isnt anything serious

• Group:  Mars Hill

34 minutes ago, F_Ivan said:

Thanks. What about in the case of whenever I get these thoughts I try to rebuke them in Jesus name, I know I shouldnt say stuff like get behind me satan because I fear I might accidentally think of the HS when saying the devils name. I got the blasphemous thoughts again and said get behind me satan against my better judgement and then ended up thinking or some negative OCD thought popped up "im too weak to not think of the HS name when saying that" and ended up accidentally thinking of the HS When rebuking the thoughts again. Except I feel like i shouldve had better judgement and not said get behind me satan or impulsively thought of "oh no im too weak to resist thinking of the hs while saying that" if i knew that was a possibility of happening, therefore it's not accidental? I hope this isnt anything serious

Psalm 34:4

"" I sought the Lord JESUS, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.""

Can you memorize this verse?

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

16 hours ago, Behold said:

Psalm 34:4

"" I sought the Lord JESUS, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.""

Perfect choice!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

@F_Ivan

Friend, ...I can assure you, ...if you have/had committed the unpardonable sin, ...you wouldn't be worried about it, ...you wouldn't be here on a Christian forum talking about it!

Look at the story of Judas who betrayed Jesus, he "did" commit the unpardonable sin, and when the Holy Spirit convicted his conscience he gave back the money, ...but he did not drop to his knees and ask God forgive him of his sin, ...no, ...in his mind, ...all of what he had heard Jesus teach was erased and forgotten, ...the Holy Spirit writing through the quill of Paul tells us in Romans 1:28 there can come a point in someone's life when "He" will give them over to "reprobate" mind, ...because they "purposefully" reject the teaching of the Word of God.

You have NOT done that, ...how do I know?

Because you "are" thinking, mediating on the Word of God, even if it's the "unpardonable sin," ...that's a part of, ...what's found and written in the Word of God, ...no?

The Holy Spirit is the "only" One that can give someone a "reprobate" mind, ...we CAN NOT give ourselves a reprobate mind!

And even as they did not think fit to have God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do the things not right, Romans 1:28

Do you see that, it says, "God gave them," ...again, we CAN NOT do it ourselves, ...YOU, ...DO NOT have a reprobate mind, ...according to the Word of God, ...YOU have NOT, ...committed the unpardonable sin!

Now, little brother, you need to "appropriate" this spiritual Truth into, ...not just your mind, ...but also "into" you heart, ...as a part of your very being, ...make it your "own."

That way, ...when the enemy plants this (his) thought in your mind to cause doubt, confusion, anxiety, and you start to "dwell" on/about, ...you have "heart" knowledge to refute "his" lie, ...and proclaim "the" Truth about yourself...  

"I am a Blood Bought, born again, child of God, I CAN NOT commit the unpardonable sin!"

But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name, who were born, not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God. John 1:12-13

For out of the abundance of the heart his (our) mouth speaks.  Luke 6:45b

Lord bless

• Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1