• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Choices today determine tomorrow.

The following is a continuation of Jesus' response to His disciples questions in chapter 24 about when His return and the end of the world would be. He'd just provided them with the example of Noah's days when the flood came on all the earth. Then Jesus gets to the specifics of His return stating that of two in the field and two working, one would be taken and the other would not. He further clarifies by telling of two servants, one who is faithful will be made a ruler and one that is evil will be given reward with hypocrites where shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then Jesus gets more detailed in telling of the ten virgins: five wise and five foolish.

Mattthew25

[1] Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
[2] And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
[3] They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
[4] But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
[5] While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
[6] And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
[7] Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
[8] And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
[9] But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
[10] And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
[11] Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
[12] But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
[13] Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

There were ten virgins, all were called to be ready for the marriage supper of the bridegroom. But only five of them were prepared for his coming and five were not. It's clear that not everyone called into the kingdom of God is received when the end is come. Truly a simplistic and not a complicated explanation of answer to the disciples. However Jesus still continues further with even more clarification and yet more details. It seems He wanted to be sure the disciples truly understood what He was telling them by providing clear, repeated illustrations to their minds.

Jesus once again mentions servants and talents with their subsequent rewards. The unprofitable servant, He states explicitly, is cast into outer darkness where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. The Lord then further reaffirms His answer to the disciples questions by giving them relevance to their present lives prior to the end in relation to what they do to other people in the world. Ultimately He explains to them that inasmuch as they did something to another person in the world, they did it to Him and subsequently some will inherit eternal life and others eternal death.. Thus Jesus provided further confirmation of what He'd told the lawyer in Matthew 22 verses 37 through 39 when He emphasized that loving one's neighbor as himself is equal to the command of wholly loving God.

Let us each be constantly mindful in everything we do of who we are as God's children in this earth. Likewise let us always remember that we each shall be accountable for what we do in this earth and we shall exist forever. 

Blessed be the Almighty forever Who confirms His Word in all He says! Peace.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

37 minutes ago, branchesofHim said:

Choices today determine tomorrow.

. He further clarifies by telling of two servants, one who is faithful will be made a ruler and one that is evil will be given reward with hypocrites where shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. .   It's clear that not everyone called into the kingdom of God is received when the end is come The unprofitable servant, He states explicitly, is cast into outer darkness

It seems you are confusing the Kingdom of God with the Kingdom of Heaven.   It also seems that you are trying to prove that God accepts us, saves us, based on our works.

And of course that is not True.  God saved us based on our Faith in the ONE who died to make us acceptable to God by His Very Own BLOOD.

So, looking at 2 lines from all this that you didnt write,  but you took from some commentary posted online, and pasted here.....

1st, the verse you posted that talks about 2 servants, is not talking about a born again Christian, as Jesus said, you are not a servant, but i call you a FRIEND.  And the correct term for a Believer, is "SAINT". "Lively Stone".. "redeemed".. "Brethren".   "Body of Christ".  "Sons of GOD"...."BRIDE" and "Born Again".

I dont mean to flip your theological lid, but Jesus also said this......"know ye not that you are gods"?   Yep, thats Jesus talking, and so you can take it to the BANK.

And now, thanks to this very same Blood of Jesus, we have become 'heirs of God", and "joint heirs with Christ"..  We are even going to reign and rule with Christ in Israel.. sooner then many would believe....

See, and understand..... Jesus was the suffering servant, the slaughtered Lamb,  who "learned obedience by/thru the things He Suffered", and we the born again are the eternally blessed recipients of this suffering,  which IS the Grace of God.   God does not call us to suffer to be saved, as  Jesus has already suffered on the Cross FOR US.

Edited by Behold
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

It seems you are confusing the Kingdom of God with the Kingdom of Heaven.  

The Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven has been used interchangeably throughout scriptures.  Its the referring to the same kingdom which is Gods.  

It also seems that you are trying to prove that God accepts us, saves us, based on our works. 

Jesus says not everyone that calls him Lord will enter the Kingdom of God but only those who DO THE WILL OF GOD.

Mat 7:21 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  Sounds like works are evolved. 

Just because you call yourself a Christian and go to sunday school does not mean your going to enter into God's kingdom.  Its reserved for those whom obey him and does his will.

1st, the verse you posted that talks about 2 servants, is not talking about a born again Christian, as Jesus said, you are not a servant, but i call you a FRIEND.  And the correct term for a Believer, is "SAINT". "Lively Stone".. "redeemed".. "Brethren".   "Body of Christ".  "Sons of GOD"...."BRIDE" and "Born Again".

Unbelievable! It was an parable! No he is not going to spell it out for you and yes the Servants and Brides are referring to those whom he called.

God does not call us to suffer to be saved, as  Jesus has already suffered on the Cross FOR US.

No suffering does not save you but Jesus promised that tribulation, persecution and suffering is part of being his follower and if your not willing to carry your cross your not worthy of him.

Luk 14:27 NLT - And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciple.
Phl 1:29 KJV - For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
Mat 24:9 ESV - "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake.
Mar 4:17 ESV - And they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away.
Jhn 16:33 ESV - I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

This once saved always saved & I dont have to carry my cross theology is blinding you from the truth.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, Behold said:

but Jesus also said this......"know ye not that you are gods"?

Can you cite chapter and verse?

It seems you are confusing the Kingdom of God with the Kingdom of Heaven.   It also seems that you are trying to prove that God accepts us, saves us, based on our works.

And of course that is not True.  God saved us based on our Faith in the ONE who died to make us acceptable to God by His Very Own BLOOD.

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?

Can faith save him?  

If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food,  and one of you says to them,

“Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?

Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.  You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man,

that faith without works is dead? 

Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and

by works faith was made perfect?  

And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God.  You see then

that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

For as the body without the spirit is dead,

so faith without works is dead also. - James 2

God does not call us to suffer to be saved, as  Jesus has already suffered on the Cross FOR US.

2 Timothy 3:12  (KJV)

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

34 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Truly.

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

Can you cite chapter and verse?

All day long.....

here you go...  

Psalm 82:6 

"" I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.""

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?

Can faith save him?  

You can have, ... you can clone all the Works of Jesus, and keep all the commandments, be water baptized, preach "self effort" till you are 98, and live on a Christian forum posting other peoples commentaries,..... and if you are not born again, you will die and meet God as a person who Jesus defined as "dying in your sins", and YET you will be judged for only one.   That you were never born again,  and you will then go to hell like a bullet after you die,  and burn like a torch in the lake of fire, as your "eternity".

So, "can faith save YOU"?

No, faith can't save anyone.....As its God alone who SAVES YOU THRU YOUR FAITH, as James is teaching,  as "faith is counted (by God) as righteousness), as Paul taught James.

Salvation works like this, Diaste..  =  Jesus gave His sinless life and His Blood as the FULL REDEMPTION that God offers to any and ALL who will will have FAITH in Christ">

God said that : "The Work of God, is that YOU BELIEVE ON THE ONE Whom God SENT"...

God only accepts what JESUS DID, to accept YOU.

He will NEVER ACCEPT YOUR LIFESTYLE or your commandment keeping or your works, to accept you......Not ever.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

Read more carefully what i write, ok?

I said that God does not call us to suffer = to be SAVED...

After we are saved, will we have issues in life, trouble in this world?   Sure.

But we ourselves dont SUFFER to be Born Again,.. we don't suffer to be SAVED..... as Jesus did all the suffering on the CROSS, in our place, so that we can have the GIFT of Salvation.

• Thumbs Up 2