• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

How does God build Character? Study the story of Joseph

PHASE 1: A DREAM

God gives you a dream: an idea, goal, or ambition. Every great accomplishment first begins
as a God-given dream in someone’s mind. “God is able to do far more than we would ever dare
to ask or even dream of - infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes.” Eph
3:20 (LB)

PHASE 2: DECISION
A dream is worthless until you decide to do something about it. For every ten dreamers,
there’s only one decision-maker. This is the moment of truth where you decide to invest your
time, money, energy, and reputation - and to let go of security. If you want to walk on water,
Your own answers:Unit 1: The Importance and Meaning of Integrity Page 13
you’ve got to get out of the boat! “You must believe and not doubt … a double-minded man is
unstable in all he does.” James 1:6 and 8 (GN)

PHASE 3: DELAY
There is ALWAYS a time lapse before your dream becomes reality. God uses this waiting
period to teach you to trust Him. Remember: a delay is not a denial. Maturity is the ability to
understand the difference between “no” and “not yet.”
God says, “These things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time
approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will
surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!” Hab 2:3 (LB)

PHASE 4: DIFFICULTY
Now the problems start popping up. The two most common types: critics and
circumstances. Don’t worry! It’s all a part of God’s plan. “At the present you may be temporarily
harassed by all kinds of trials. This is no accident - it happens to prove your faith, which is infinitely
more valuable than gold.” 1 Pet. 1:6-7 (Ph)

PHASE 5: DEAD-END!
Your situation will deteriorate from difficult to IMPOSSIBLE! You'll find yourself backed into a
corner; you reach the end of your rope. The situation looks hopeless. Congratulations! You're
on the edge of a miracle. Trust God.
“At that time we were completely overwhelmed … in fact we told ourselves that this was the
end. Yet, we now believe we had this sense of impending disaster so that we might learn to trust
- not in ourselves - but in God who can raise the dead.” 2 Cor. 1:8-9 (Ph)

PHASE 6: DELIVERANCE!
God provides a supernatural answer. Miraculously things fall into place! God loves to turn
crucifixions into resurrections so you can see His greatness. “I expect the Lord to deliver me once
again so I will see his goodness to me ….” Ps. 27:13 5

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

46 minutes ago, Omagor said:

God gives you a dream: an idea, goal, or ambition. Every great accomplishment first begins
as a God-given dream in someone’s mind. “God is able to do far more than we would ever dare
to ask or even dream of - infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes.” Eph

A dream is worthless until you decide to do something about it. For every ten dreamers,
there’s only one decision-maker. This is the moment of truth where you decide to invest your
time, money, energy, and reputation - and to let go of security. If you want to walk on water,
you’ve got to get out of the boat! “You must believe and not doubt … a double-minded man is

There is ALWAYS a time lapse before your dream becomes reality. God uses this waiting
period to teach you to trust Him. Remember: a delay is not a denial. Maturity is the ability to
God says, “These things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time
approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will
surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!” Hab 2:3 (LB)

circumstances. Don’t worry! It’s all a part of God’s plan. “At the present you may be temporarily
harassed by all kinds of trials. This is no accident - it happens to prove your faith, which is infinitely

Your situation will deteriorate from difficult to IMPOSSIBLE! You'll find yourself backed into a
corner; you reach the end of your rope. The situation looks hopeless. Congratulations! You're
“At that time we were completely overwhelmed … in fact we told ourselves that this was the
end. Yet, we now believe we had this sense of impending disaster so that we might learn to trust

God provides a supernatural answer. Miraculously things fall into place! God loves to turn
crucifixions into resurrections so you can see His greatness. “I expect the Lord to deliver me once

I think that in the age we live, there is a lot of theology that wants to lead us to believe that we are born again so that we can then become what WE want to become, and own what we think we need.

Its almost as if the (contemporary church) theology is..>"God saved you to give you all the toys you want and all the good times you can stand".

I teach Deuteronomy 8:18... The Prosperity Of God..., as stated in "God gives you the Power to get WEALTH"....>yet, i dont teach it as the Gospel....I teach it as God's "favor" as that is how the Scriptures teach it.

Theology has to have at its core,  BALANCE,  Logic, and Absolute Truth.

So, as i was saying...

Then, you have the other side of this coin that teaches that being born again is the path to poverty, hardship, and cross carrying misery that never will end as your lifelong proof 0f your real spirituality, and in this you are changed into a more spiritual person..:(    But, ive noticed that situations that make you really bitter, do not generally make you really better.

Its just a fact of life that what makes one person stronger, makes another person broken and destroyed.

The OP of this Thread, stated in #5 that you are in a mess and in #6, God steps in and always gives you a "Hallmark Movie" ending.

Well, thats not quite the way it works....  Sometimes, you just have to live with the hurt.  Sometimes "Jesus Wept".  One time Jesus was spilling blood from his Face trying to deal with the IDEA of that Cross that was about to hang him up, that He knew was coming even before He, as the Bread of Heaven, came down here to hang on it.  So, God sent some Help from Heaven to our Savior who was bleeding out ultra stress and crushing dread, so that He could bear it.

And i can tell you this.  If you find yourself in a place in life that has you drowning, then that is not always because God is training your faith, nor is it because the Devil is causing it.... Sometimes its just the fact of being alive that will find you in a hard hard place. Sometimes you made a bad choice and the consequences are KILLER......   And if you are there, or if you find yourself there later, then i promise you that if you will allow God's Grace to help you, then He will.

A Miracle is when God steps into your situation to change it from bad, to Good.  From upside down, to a perfect landing.

I wish i could promise you that His help will  always be swift to resolve all for you, but, sometimes its a little while before the darkness is replaced by the Son.

What you will ultimately gain from this is,  Romans 5:4   &   2nd Corinthians 1:4

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,342
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

12 hours ago, Omagor said:

How does God build Character?

romans_5_3_4_suffering_produces_endurance.jpg.d624d70153bd75037c76e90e11e0c72f.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 4/8/2020 at 2:54 PM, Omagor said:

How does God build Character?

By His Word.

2 Timothy 3:[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

παιδεία paideía, pahee-di'-ah; from G3811; tutorage, i.e. education or training; by implication, disciplinary correction:—chastening, chastisement, instruction, nurture.

Romans 12:[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

μεταμορφόω metamorphóō, met-am-or-fo'-o; from G3326 and G3445; to transform (literally or figuratively, "metamorphose"):—change, transfigure, transform.

53 minutes ago, branchesofHim said:

By His Word.

Thats partly true, but its not the complete story..

Notice this verse.   "Jesus learned obedience by the things He suffered".  So, that is the WORD, Incarnate, the God Man,  learning how to be faithful and obedient by suffering as a human.

And this suffering is the chalice of discipline , and its discipline that not only builds character, but deepens it.

REAL Faith is a type of HOPE that can't be shaken, and a believer who has attained to this goal, has been tested and disciplined to have it. It does not come, it is not gained only by reading or meditating on the Scriptures.

You can sit all day and night and read faith scriptures,.... but until you step out in faith, or are given a crisis where you have to believe, you are just studying the word, but not quite practicing it....not quite LIVING IT.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was my understanding that Jesus was literally crucified in order that I didn't have to be.

suffered - πάσχω páschō, pas'-kho; apparently a primary verb; to experience a sensation or impression (usually painful):—feel, passion, suffer, vex.

Hebrews 5:[8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
[9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
[10] Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
[11] Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
[12] For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
[13] For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
[14] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

4 hours ago, Behold said:

Thats partly true, but its not the complete story.

Obviously Behold understands this anyway. Peace.

10 hours ago, branchesofHim said:

Obviously Behold understands this anyway. Peace.

You can't just teach that discipline ONLY comes by reading or studying the word.

So, you are partly correct, by stating  God will use the word to instruct and convict you, but,..... He also uses REAL Life Situation to grow you and mature you thru them...... as i said.

Listen, if you want to build your body, you dont do it by reading body building Magazines.   You dont do it by only studying the words of those that are named Arnold Schwarzenegger.

What you do is read the words, learn the concepts, then take you body to the GYM and DO THE LIFESTYLE.

And so it is with the New Testament.  You learn the concepts, and fill yourself with its Light, then you go OUT THERE and face LIFE and learn how to Live the Word out FOR REAL.

OR as James says.....>"i'll show you my faith by my WORKS".....= IN REAL LIFE.........  Understand?

Real Faith is the execution of the Word, not just the understanding of the meanings...

Jesus is the WORD....... He certainly would know it, as He wrote it, HE IS IT......But as a human, He had to LIVE IT, and by the living He was DOING THE WORD, exactly like we are to do it.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Persons of character are noted for their honesty, ethics and charity. Godly character is the work of the Holy Spirit's sanctification. Sometimes God uses trials to strengthen character. We develope good character by controlling our thoughts, practicing christian virtues and guarding our hearts. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/8/2020 at 5:54 PM, Omagor said:

What is the question?