• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

In the Christian community, you will find wolves in sheeps' clothing, along with those who truly follow Jesus, I believe. How might one recognize them?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Keep a low profile. Listen and watch. And of course pray for discernment. Few take the time to exercise their gifts because we tend to look on the outside and not the spirit which can only be revealed by The Lord. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

36 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

In the Christian community, you will find wolves in sheeps' clothing, along with those who truly follow Jesus, I believe. How might one recognize them?

Most people would not recognize the  true wolves in sheep’s clothing because there’s many who Are indoctrinated by The church’s doctrines that come from the cemetery whoops I mean the seminary. 
Just because a pastor has a Dr in front of his name doesn’t mean squat. In fact most of  the time  I found out they are sincerely wrong. It’s not that they are deliberately teaching falsehood, they are just leaders of the blind and cannot see past the letter of the scripture.

Many think because of the majority of Christians are following this doctrine or that teaching must mean it’s right.. They are following the wide gate of the majority that leads their souls to destruction. 
These will be the first ones to point their fingers and tell you your wrong but won’t or cannot prove by scripture where your wrong. How do you know I’m wrong if what you are claiming you yourself can’t defend.

Matthew 7:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Yes, you can not tell unless you listen to what they have to say about God's Word for awhile. Christian discernment is important so you can see a counterfeit when these people speak. In order to do that you need to know the Bible. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Just now, *Zion* said:

I truly believe that the use of the term 'wolf' is because they are agents of the enemy, deliberately trying to divide the church by sowing deceit and disunity.  Nothing accidental or innocent about them, they have a definite motive and agenda.  That's my take.

Consider, if you will, another side to the wolf.

It likes to eat sheep. We like to eat sheep too, but we do not need to. We can eat other food. But the wolf has no duty towards the sheep and it only thinks of the sheep as its means to survive. But we tend the sheep, and raise it, and care for it, and even keep it as a pet…and just when it thinks we are its friend and puts its full trust in us, we slit its throat. But we do not believe we are bad. Instead we believe the wolf is.

20 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, you can not tell unless you listen to what they have to say about God's Word for awhile. Christian discernment is important so you can see a counterfeit when these people speak. In order to do that you need to know the Bible. 

Yes, it certainly helps to read the Bible. Some seem to think they are experts on the Bible, and they've only read part of it.

And then there are the biblical scholars and theologians who have read the Bible over and over, who don't do what God told them to do, so they still don't understand it. But then, I suppose we are all still learning.

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Keep a low profile. Listen and watch. And of course pray for discernment. Few take the time to exercise their gifts because we tend to look on the outside and not the spirit which can only be revealed by The Lord. 

Yes, but are you sure about the low profile thing? A lamp is meant to be put on a lampstand (Mark 4:21).

23 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

I truly believe that the use of the term 'wolf' is because they are agents of the enemy, deliberately trying to divide the church by sowing deceit and disunity.  Nothing accidental or innocent about them, they have a definite motive and agenda.  That's my take.

I think their motive is self-aggrandizement. As you say, they have an agenda, it seems to me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

The United States Treasury bureau does not teach their agents about all the details of  counterfeit bills.
There are too many to remember.
Instead, it teaches/shows them very thoroughly all about the true genuine authentic money.
Knowing the true (truth) enables you to recognize the false............:)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2