• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, johnthebaptist said:

Are you here to learn, or are you here to insist we all agree with you?

There exist only one standard for truth as God Himself has spoken of in His Prayer to The Father and that is my answer to you... Scripture is the only truth we can open our minds to and that is directly said in many places here's a couple more

Eph 5:26

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
KJV

Isa 8:20

20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
KJV

Acts 17:11

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
KJV

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

There exist only one standard for truth as God Himself has spoken of in His Prayer to The Father and that is my answer to you... Scripture is the only truth we can open our minds to and that is directly said in many places here's a couple more

Eph 5:26

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
KJV

Isa 8:20

20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
KJV

Acts 17:11

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
KJV

There is one standard, God, but God is not a book. God is God. You can learn about God by reading the Bible, but the Bible isn't God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

My definition of the Word of God is: Those instances in the Bible where God and Jesus are directly quoted. I believe it is the correct definition. If you are here to learn, then you welcome opinions that differ from your own. We can sift our the words and find the truth.

You have been directed to relevant scripture and seemed to have ignored it. Here it is again and this is also for those reading who don't know any better.

You are most surely in error. Do YOU want to learn?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  2 Tim 3:16

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

There is one standard, God, but God is not a book. God is God. You can learn about God by reading the Bible, but the Bible isn't God.

The Bible (Scriptures) is testified to as from God by The Son the John 17 passage... people who have be born again by the power of The Holy Spirit have The Holy Spirit within them and guess what the sole thing The Holy Spirit uses as the objective truth for here?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

18 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

John 1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John is talking about Jesus.

Isaiah 55:11 

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God, in the book of Isaiah, is talking about Jesus' coming, the reason for which He was sent to us.  

What about these words, that Luke wrote in the book of Acts?:

Acts 13:44-49 

44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.

If you are so happy to learn from opinion, you must be ecstatic that we have presented the Word of God before you.  If you only want to improve, then take what is presented before you, consider it with sober reasoning, and make a reply that satisfies the question put before you.  Unless you simply wanted to start an argument in order to pit yourself against others in order to compete with them, somehow.  

The Word of God is not a sport.  We should not take Him lightly at all.

Take care, and be blessed.

• Well Said! 1

58 minutes ago, Alive said:

You have been directed to relevant scripture and seemed to have ignored it. Here it is again and this is also for those reading who don't know any better.

You are most surely in error. Do YOU want to learn?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  2 Tim 3:16

I believe the Word of God are those instances God or Jesus are quoted in the Bible. You apparently believe the Word of God is the entire Bible. I’m not going to change your mind, and you aren’t going to change mine. I don’t feel the need to silence people who disagree with me, I don’t think.

57 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The Bible (Scriptures) is testified to as from God by The Son the John 17 passage... people who have be born again by the power of The Holy Spirit have The Holy Spirit within them and guess what the sole thing The Holy Spirit uses as the objective truth for here?

I believe the Word of God are those instances God or Jesus are quoted in the Bible. You apparently believe the Word of God is the entire Bible. I’m not going to change your mind, and you aren’t going to change mine. I don’t feel the need to silence people who disagree with me, I don’t think.

50 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

But not the apostles whom my Lord Jesus Christ sent? The apostles were of one heart and mind, unified in Christ Jesus, inspired by the Spirit of God. Many have shared relevant scriptures with you my friend... I pray that your eyes will be opened and your heart illuminated by His Holy Spirit. The Lord bless you as you learn and grow. :) 

28 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

John 1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John is talking about Jesus.

Isaiah 55:11 

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God, in the book of Isaiah, is talking about Jesus' coming, the reason for which He was sent to us.  

What about these words, that Luke wrote in the book of Acts?:

Acts 13:44-49 

44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.

If you are so happy to learn from opinion, you must be ecstatic that we have presented the Word of God before you.  If you only want to improve, then take what is presented before you, consider it with sober reasoning, and make a reply that satisfies the question put before you.  Unless you simply wanted to start an argument in order to pit yourself against others in order to compete with them, somehow.  

The Word of God is not a sport.  We should not take Him lightly at all.

Take care, and be blessed.

5 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

The Bible is "the word" of God...correct me if I am wrong.

Genesis 1...NIV

In the beginning  God created the heavens and the earth.

Now the earth was formless and empty,darkness was over the surface of the deep,and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

i expect you have read all of Genesis,JTB...so yes I agree,the Bible isn't God...but it his word and truth..

God Bless You Bro.