IGNORED

By This Shall All Men Know That You Know Me, By the Love You Have One For Another

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

Here is what God tells us about deception in the last days. They are not my words but God's spoken through the apostle John.

" Little children, let no man deceive you. He that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.

By this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither is he that loveth not his brother.

1 John 3:7,10 

This is not telling us to work for our salvation, but simply the truth that the salvation designed by the Lord WILL bring forth spiritual fruits of love, joy, patience kindness, gentleness, meekness and self control in our lives. It is simply another way of saying what James said, when he told us that faith without works is dead.

Many have made this a James vs. Paul argument and that is ridiculous. James is not in disagreement with Paul at all  for if that is the case, we are all in deep doo doo. LOL.  James is simply saying that abiding in the vine WILL bring forth fruits proving we are His.  

Look guys, God has told us clearly that if we abide in Him, we will bring forth much fruit. But what if we have followed after the Lord for years.... some of us even decades..... and we still are found biting one another, belittling one another, impatient with those who may have differing opinions than ours, unkind in how we treat those we see as our enemies? Does this not tell us something is wrong?

God does not need defenders of the truth. He is looking for those longing to be displayers of it.

And if for whatever reason, we truly love the Lord, but still fall to our Achilles heel sin at times, or perhaps have  been changed a little but have hit a place where we see no new growth of Christ in us, again, something is wrong. It is not time for condemnation but for seeking God's face as to how to be FULLY set free

We are told that a good tree WILL brings forth good fruit. If Godly character is not discernible in us, and increasing, something is amiss. It does not mean we are not saved, but that we are missing something that activates the transformation and being robbed of the joyful peace and closeness with Jesus that comes with abiding in Him.

This post made a simple observation about love and the great need in the body of Christ for it to be displayed so that the lost will be drawn to our Jesus. I think it is pretty obvious that what has been written since my OP pretty much demonstrates exactly what I am putting forth. ?

The Bible tells us that if we are abiding in Him,  two things WILL happen. 

1) We will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

2) We will bear much fruit. 

If we see neither one of these in our lives, is it not time to seek the face of the God who loves us and ask Him to show us where we have gotten off track and see that it is corrected, so that oir loves can draw all men into Him?  

Living in Romans 7 is not our real sin. We all are destined to pass through the trying and failing of Chapter 7 to get to chapter  8. It is our wilderness, but it was never meant to take 40 years to get to the other side. LOL. 

I pray those with ears hear me. What IS our sin? Living in Romans 7, quite content there, with no desire to see grace teach us HOW to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts or HOW to walk as living sacrifices. This spirit of contentment  with grace for forgiveness alone without a hunger for grace to make is holy and free indeed  is the deep deception that  John was alluding to in the first scripture quoted above. 

As saved children, God instructs us clearly to DO certain things. We are not earning our salvation. That is simply ludicrous. Do I believe that as some suggest? Absolutely not.  A child of God should  want to do those things, amen?  And if he does not, trust me,  the Spirit  should be  correcting us so that we will see things His way, lol. 

Neither are we doing things to stay saved as some are declaring that I am teaching. Look.  If God has not asked us to do things as believers, the vast majority of the New Testament can be thrown out. LOL. That  is what instructions are.  That is why Peter himself exhorts us.....

And besides this, using all diligence, add to your faith virtue, and to virtue knowledge, and to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness, love.

For if these things be in you and abound, they make you that ye shall be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

But he that lacketh these things is blind and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Therefore brethren, give diligence all the more to make your calling and election sure, for if ye do these things ye shall never fall.

2 Peter 1:4-5,8-10 

We are all called to DO. Not to earn salvation. Not to keep our salvation. We are urged to DO simply so that we can grow closer to our God! Glory! And the question needing to be asked is not "Will I lose my salvation if I do not?" Wrong question. 

The real question that needs to be addressed here is "Why would I not want to do what I am asked to do by the one who died for me?" All these other attempts at twisting of words are simply an avoidance of having to answer this exact very critical question. 

blessings, 

Gids

Next: What do we do so that we can escape Romans 7? There is an answer... yippee! ?

Edited by Gideon
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.38
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

One thing is very certain. The Lord is paying very close attention to all of this. Nothing is hidden from Him.

The important thing is an echo of Truth back to the Lord. He speaks and that voice resounds back to Him. The Source.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Behold said:

Show us a verse in the New Testament that tells or directs or requires that a born again Christian  HAVE FAITH in " God's Providence".

READ Hebrews 3:7-4:16 and you will see this. Read the Letter to the Laodiceans in Revelation. Read the epistle to the Ephesians and the Colossians, Read Romans 8, Read 1 John 3, Read 2 Peter 2-3, Read Jude, Read James... they all agree and are on. one LORD, One faith, one baptism. Read the Upper room discourse (John 13-17) including the High Priestly prayer.... This is all there when you stop picking and choosing and see the whole new covenant as One in Christ Jesus.... You can start with the following which you have yet to address from the previous post. Let us see "If so be ye have heard Him?"

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But ye have not so learned Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness......(Ephesians 4; 13-24)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  516
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

5 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen.  For most believers it's a battle to get there though, with the Lord's help.  Battling through the veil of flesh, battling through the lies of the enemy, battling through the unbelief...etc.  Labouring to enter into that rest of God.  Like the labour of childbirth.

I believe your right, it’s the same battle in us all...But I’m convinced that as long as we don’t remove our hands from the plow, God in His time will bring us all to this rest. That I’m convinced, He would have us in, more then we ourselves would be there... 

Be blessed as He becomes more and we less, Not me 

Edited by Not me

11 minutes ago, Not me said:

I believe your right, it’s the same battle in us all...But I’m convinced that as long as we don’t remove our hands from the plow, God in His time will bring us all to this rest. That I’m convinced, He would have us in, more then we ourselves would be there... 

Be blessed as He becomes more and we less, Not me 

Brother, you say things far more eloquently than myself, but I want to second what you have stated here. What God asks of us  is to hunger and thirst after righteousness. To want to be free indeed.  And then to ask, believing He longs for that for more than we do, as you have stated. That is it!

His job is to rescue us, to teach us, to change us and to set us free indeed.

"Faithful is He who calleth you who also will do it!". Glory! 

blessings, 

Gids

• Praise God! 1

7 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Brother, you say things far more eloquently than myself, but I want to second what you have stated here. What God asks of us  is to hunger and thirst after righteousness. To want to be free indeed.  And then to ask, believing He longs for that for more than we do, as you have stated. That is it!

His job is to rescue us, to teach us, to change us and to set us free indeed.

"Faithful is He who calleth you who also will do it!". Glory! 

blessings, 

Gids

Be blessed as our eyes stay on Him...

A friend and brother in Christ, Not me

Addy, the topic under discussion here is love, not the OSAS debate. However, since you bring up the subject, please allow me to say that I am thrilled in the joy you have in the Lord and the security your faith in Him brings you. I would do nothing to take that away from you. 

Your connection to the Father is a faith connection. It is the 'umbilical cord' whereby the life of Christ becomes yours. Continue in that love affair with the Lord, growing up into Him in all things,  and you can be assured you will hear that blessed "Well done, thou good and faithful servant.".

blessings,

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Flowersun said:

Can someone explain,what they mean when they say "Works"...?

it doesn't take much to confuse me.....thank God I am not a new babe...from my own perspective ,it's like everyone is going round in circles....no one seems to be listening.or maybe I have got that wrong.

i am not the brightest spark on this forum.....but surely we don't sit on our laurels and do nothing...therefore letting God do everything.....?....

can someone explain this in a simple way please...thank you.

Hi,

Works I believe means anything that self does....i.e.   a work of self...

This is a lesson that I believe only God can teach the heart...What is a work of self and what is a work of the life of Christ in a believer...

As believers I think we have all ran across times in our lives where we were dry, had nothing to give the other person we were than dealing with... Yet we thought we had to... So we tried and our words fell down dead....There was no life in them...They, I believe were a work of self....Than at other times we spoke and we knew inwardly that our words were life and truth...

I believe anything the old nature does is a work of self... This can be talking, preaching, giving alms anything that outwardly looks Christian, but it’s the source that matters..

Where something comes from,, Christ in a believer or self in a believer...

Knowing the difference I believe once again can only come through knowing and having a close personal relationship with Christ..

(as I see in your writings) 

Keep that heart and life growing in you and your well done will be an abundant one..

Hope this helps confirm that which inwardly you already see..

A fellow servant of His, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2