• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 minutes ago, grahampaul said:

the Lord keeps us out of trouble.

He shows the way, but if you choose to sin, there will be trouble.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, grahampaul said:

the Lord keeps us out of trouble.

We have a winner ... ^^^^^^^^

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

3 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

He shows the way, but if you choose to sin, there will be trouble.

He nailed our sins to the cross,the sin problem has been dealt with,the sin consciouse remains.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6

5 minutes ago, grahampaul said:

He nailed our sins to the cross,the sin problem has been dealt with,the sin consciouse remains.

He will discipline us if we persist in our sin.

• Well Said! 1

9 minutes ago, grahampaul said:

Sin consciousness is a sort of "mental tattoo" that the Law etched in your mind until the moment that "Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the Law".

So, you get rid of this not by striving against sin, as that just keeps painting the tattoo.  That makes the desire to sin, stronger. 

What you do is basically obsess on realizing how GOD sees you as "justified" and "righteous", and you learn to just relax into GRACE as you understand that "God who started your salvation in you, born again, will HIMSELF be Faithful to complete it".  And "Jesus is the author and finisher of your faith".

So, God has your salvation covered with the Blood Atonement and Jesus has your faith covered as your heavenly Advocate.

So, RELAX and stop trying to keep yourself saved READER.....and in this you find the GRACE OF GOD which gives you REST.

And in that GRACE REST, you become FREED from the sin consciousness issue, which empowers you to be able to live HOLY.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6

2 hours ago, Behold said:

Jesus came to fulfill the law.  So that by doing this and living a sinless life.. He could go to the Cross and offer a sacrifice that was perfect, = because He had fulfilled the law and lived a sinless life.  

Jesus's sacrifice, allowed God to judge Christ for what the law demanded.... The law demanded punishment for sin.....regarding each of us.  So, Jesus paid for the sin of the WORLD, by being sinless which allowed Him the right to be an eternal judgement substitution for us all.  So, once He fulfilled the Law and died in our place for the judgment due us for not keeping the law, then the Law is GONE.  IT can't judge us anymore because Jesus was Judged in our place.  The Law that was against us and our SIN that was on us, is now on that Cross in the dead body of Jesus and is FOREVER GONE GONG GONE.

WELCOME TO THE FREE GIFT OF SALVATION..

Its like this fella.   Lets say you murdered someone.  So, today is the day you are going to be executed because the LAW demands JUSTICE... And your death pays that price... So, on the way to the electric chair, I step in, and i say....."let me die for him".....and they say....>"ok"....So, they electrocute me TO DEATH, and you go FREE.

You're the sinner, the murderer, but i paid your PRICE that the LAW DEMANDED.....and now it's PAID.... YOU GO FREE.

THAT IS THE CROSS..

The Cross is the electrocution that all of us deserve for  our LIFETIME OF SINNING.....But Jesus was electrocuted in our Place, on the Cross.

See it?

This means the Sinless received the judgment DUE the Guilty, so that the Guilty....ALL OF US< could be free from facing electrocution when we meet God. = JUDGEMENT.

That would have been "HELL" then the "Lake of FIRE"........ But because Jesus was judged for us on the CROSS, the born again  go FREE in Eternity.

We are FREE EVEN NOW = The GRACE OF GOD.

The Lord disciplines us when we persist in our sin.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On 4/26/2020 at 4:26 PM, Jason Yzaguirre said:

There are other types than the two but as for the "to be rid of sin or to embrace sin" that is a subject that I have actually run into throughout my life with the Christians. Non-Christians (atheists or agnostics) aren't really concerned with sin as long as it doesn't land them in jail. The Christians that I have met who embrace it have the attitude that all they have to do is repent every Sunday and their good. They half listen to the sermon, shake hands, have a cup of coffee and donut, take communion and all but sprint to their car immediately after. Some believe that embracing sin also helps in understanding it in order to grow spiritually. 

To me this is a very icy slope and don't agree with this approach. Why listen to the devil? 

I think we have natural tendencies that make us sin, but God wants us to be rid of them so our job is to do our best to purge them. 

We recon ourselves crucified with Christ and dead to sin.  Our old man is dead and we have a new nature that is no longer ensleaved to sin.  Now we can focus on allowing the Holy Spirit to lead us.  We become not just a slave to God with a new nature and a new Master, but a child of God who will inherit with Jesus.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

3 minutes ago, Cornelius10 said:

In the least you are saying God would forgive me for doing such things,

So hang me as long as God Forgives me what do I care?

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.  I can remember being so miserable under God's chastening hand that I wanted to start my Christian life over again (which is impossible).  The misery went on for months being out of fellowship with God.  I may have been forgiven technically but I sure wasn't in fellowship yet and I didn't know how to get it back.  Everywhere I looked in the Bible I found woes;  Woe to you you sinners.  Self had to die.  

• Well Said! 1

27 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

The Lord disciplines us when we persist in our sin.

I dont have any sin, so, i can't comment on that for you.   Romans 4:8

All mine were placed on the Body of Jesus who bore them and became them,  and He died for them all.

Before i was born again, i was under the law, and the law defined me as a sinner, so at that time had i said i had no sin then John would have said to me....Listen Behold, if we say we have no sin, when Christ has not yet paid for them all, then we deceive ourselves....So, He would have said...."come now, today is the day for salvation, today is the day to join the family of God, receive now the Salvation of God that Christ has provided on the Cross and be born again".

So, once i did that, my sins were GONE.  And they are still GONE.  They died with JESUS.

Now im not under the law, so, im only defined by God's Grace as being "in Christ".

When God looks at anyone who is born again, He only sees us as RIGHTEOUS, as that is the eternal effect of the Blood Atonement.

Edited by Behold