• Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

touch·stone
/ˈtəCHˌstōn/
noun

1. a piece of fine-grained dark schist or jasper formerly used for testing alloys of gold by observing the color of the mark which they made on it.
    • a standard or criterion by which something is judged or recognized

*************************************************************************************

Therefore we ought to give even more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

For if the word spoken by angels was steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation

Christ was faithful as a Son over His own house, whose house are we if we hold fast the confidence and rejoicing of the hope, firm unto the end.

Therefore as the Holy Ghost saith: “Today if ye will hear His voice, harden not your hearts as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness,

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

But exhort one another daily, while it is still called “today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

For we are made partakers of Christ if we hold the confidence we had in the beginning steadfast unto the end.

Hebrews 2:1-3,3:6-8,12-14 
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

46 minutes ago, Gideon said:
touch·stone
/ˈtəCHˌstōn/
noun

1. a piece of fine-grained dark schist or jasper formerly used for testing alloys of gold by observing the color of the mark which they made on it.
    • a standard or criterion by which something is judged or recognized

*************************************************************************************

Therefore we ought to give even more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

For if the word spoken by angels was steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation

Christ was faithful as a Son over His own house, whose house are we if we hold fast the confidence and rejoicing of the hope, firm unto the end.

Therefore as the Holy Ghost saith: “Today if ye will hear His voice, harden not your hearts as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness,

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

But exhort one another daily, while it is still called “today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

For we are made partakers of Christ if we hold the confidence we had in the beginning steadfast unto the end.

Hebrews 2:1-3,3:6-8,12-14 

@gideon....Ive talked to many many hundreds of people, just like you,  who abuse the New Testament to deny and abort the Grace of God, =   and falsely teach that real born again Believes can lose their salvation.

I have often told the Brothers and Sisters here, during this last 4 yrs, that all heretics live in Hebrews, Matthew, and James.

It's their "touchstone".  Its where they prove they can't rightly divide the word, have no use for "the gift of righteousness" and will try to bend verses found in those 3 epistles to try deny the Cross, and try  to completely subvert and pervert the true faith of Real Born Again Believers.

Galatians 1:8.  IS in effect.

Edited by Behold
  • Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

You still haven’t answered my question..how to kill the Divine Nature and put Christ on the cross repeatedly.

ANd where you said in the very same post that you believe in the eternal security of the believer and that that same believer can lose their salvation—-killing the Life of God. I put those bits in orange...you can review them.

I want to clear up a big misconception as to what I believe about the security of the believer. 

I absolutely believe that a believer in Christ has eternal security. 

And then this.......

Is such a man still saved? Yes, but the relationship is on life support. Danger here is great. The time to get right with the Lord is not after a few more sins, a little more wandering but NOW. Here we still can be restored. But what if the hardness on our heart has continued to grow as we have continued in rebellion and unbelief? Can that man.... warned, chastened, ignoring the ways of escape in times of temptation, refusing to wear his armor, continuing on in his rebellion even when his own sins are beating  upon him.... can thst man lose his salvation? ABSOLUTELY. 

You do realize who Paul is addressing and why in Hebrews—-right?

Edited by Alive

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I want to apologize if I have sounded like a broken record, because even your favorite song, repeated over snd over, can get on your nerves, lol. I will make no bones about it. I believe we as His church, many at least, have slipped into believing a partial gospel, with partial truth, abs it has left us.... well, healed only slightly. 

I was seeking God this morning, because it is pretty obvious, my  concerns as to our state are not shared by many here..... wait for it... YET. ?

I share my truths from the Word, and am met with your truths. My opinions. Your opinions. The result? Nothing changes. Well, this morning, God led me to Hebrews 4.

For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12 

All of a sudden, I got it. I cannot change, no matter how many gallons of cyber ink I use typing out my posts. God's Word, on the other hand, can.

He then put a word on my heart..... Touch Stone. The definition is in the OP. Therefore, I simply will simply let God's Word speak to hearts and do as it wills. Jesus promised that His sheep would hear His voice. So the above is my first touchstone. 

Some will challenge, some exhort, some bless, some encourage, but all will be to one end, to see God's children built up on the faith,  walkimg in joy, freedom and victory. 

I will not be making any comments on these touch stones, so if any are looking to tangle, thry will be disappointed. Enjoy!

blessings,

Gideon.... out. ?

• Loved it! 1

21 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I will make no bones about it. I believe we as His church, many at least, have slipped into believing a partial gospel

Actually you simply posted your argument against the Truth regarding the Fact that the Holy God who saved thru the Blood Atonement, Keeps you saved, for eternity.

Philippians 1:6.   "God who began your salvation in you (born again) will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE IT"..

You instead posted the usual handful of twisted verses which try to "make believe" that a Born Again person, who is "in Christ" can end up in the lake of fire, with Jesus IN THEM.

@gideon, its offensive to God to teach that HIS Gift of Grace is temporary, and only as good as the believer's self-effort to continue to try to be good enough to keep themselves saved.

See, your own words teach that your Gospel concluded that the Grace of God, is "partial"....and that's a NT denying  religious idea that Denies the Eternal Power of the Blood Atonement and tries to revoke the eternal redemption found IN THE Cross.

Galatians 1:8

Edited by Behold

And all the while denying the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph. 2:1   jAnd you were kdead in the trespasses and sins 2 lin which you once walked, following the course of this world, following mthe prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in nthe sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in othe passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body1 and the mind, and pwere by nature qchildren of wrath, like the rest of mankind.2 4 But3 God, being rrich in mercy, sbecause of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even twhen we were dead in our trespasses, umade us alive together with Christ—vby grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him and wseated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable xriches of his grace in ykindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For zby grace you have been saved athrough faith. And this is bnot your own doing; cit is the gift of God, 9 dnot a result of works, eso that no one may boast.

Silver is redemption and Gold is Divine Life...the Silver is Christ and results in Gold--Divine Life. A New Creation---Born Again. Taken out of the First Adam and placed into the Second. Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

9 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I was seeking God this morning,

Blessings Gids,

All the answers are to be found in this action...

May my God prosper you in work and word ... For of a truth, when Jesus died we died...

May all the love and comfort there is in this truth, be opened up to us all...

A fellow servant of His, Not me 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Alive said:

You still haven’t answered my question..how to kill the Divine Nature and put Christ on the cross repeatedly.

ANd where you said in the very same post that you believe in the eternal security of the believer and that that same believer can lose their salvation—-killing the Life of God. I put those bits in orange...you can review them.

I want to clear up a big misconception as to what I believe about the security of the believer. 

I absolutely believe that a believer in Christ has eternal security. 

And then this.......

Is such a man still saved? Yes, but the relationship is on life support. Danger here is great. The time to get right with the Lord is not after a few more sins, a little more wandering but NOW. Here we still can be restored. But what if the hardness on our heart has continued to grow as we have continued in rebellion and unbelief? Can that man.... warned, chastened, ignoring the ways of escape in times of temptation, refusing to wear his armor, continuing on in his rebellion even when his own sins are beating  upon him.... can thst man lose his salvation? ABSOLUTELY. 

You do realize who Paul is addressing and why in Hebrews—-right?

Sure....it is obvious that Paul was addressing believers in the book of  Hebrews....as the text does show.  And scripture also reveals that the very same gospel that is to the Jew first is also for the Gentiles.  The very same gospel....exactly the one and same gospel for both Jew and Gentile....with no shadow of turning.

So sad how people twist and explain away the scriptures in order to try and make them fit their theology....when what they really should be doing is letting the word of God correct and inform their theology.

All doctrine regarding salvation has to square up to the Cross of Jesus Christ and what happens there and afterwards.

Death, risen in New Life and Ascension.

When we get that right, everything falls into place.

Paul was adamant about that--in fact, it is the main theme of the scriptures from Gen to Rev.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Sure....it is obvious that Paul was addressing believers in the book of  Hebrews....

No, that is not the case.

Paul is preaching the GOSPEL OF CHRIST, in the epistle to the HEBREWS.....Is this the CHURCH?    

Why would Paul preach the GOSPEL to BORN AGAiN Believers... @Heleadethme ???   Do you think they need to be born again.... AGAIN?    Really?

If you can see this, finally, then go to Act 28 and read the last 10 verses....Its the same thing....Same HEBREWS Rejecting CHRIST.    Then Paul says to these HEBREWS (unbelieving JEWS)....."im taking the Gospel  that you have REJECTED =  to the GENTILES".

Edited by Behold