IGNORED

Where in heavenly Jerusalem do you want to live ?

Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I have heard many theological view on the New Jerusalem (our mother come down from from heaven).

I'm not dogmatic about this, because in the end what actually happens is what matters (with all predictive prophecy).

But I rather believe that after the tribulation periods (plural) and Jesus returns to Earth to save Israel from Armageddon...

it will be Judgment Day for all (those who are saved and those who are lost will be separated). The lost will be thrown into the 

lake of fire (which may or may not be tied into the great destruction of the heavens and earth). "Heaven and Earth will pass away, but my words

will not pass away..."

2 Peter 3:10–13 (AV)
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

This will be the fate / destiny of the saved. 

This 1000 year  reign of Jesus (which the Greek says thousands plural btw) IMHO is the current Church Age / age of Grace / New Covenant / New Testament.

And the New Jerusalem has in fact already descended to Earth in the form of the Church; 

and the place we reside in it is the Temple (or more precisely, we ARE the temple):

1 Corinthians 3:16 (AV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The dimensions, I am very rusty on this, but the dimensions of the 1500 mile cube (some say pyramid) 

has to do with dates in history over the last 2 millennia and the nearness of the end... but I caution folks

not to get tied up in this (as it will prove to be as laborious with opinion as was gematria and equodistance

letter spacing was a few years back).

Very good advice from art...

Qui-Gon Gin told Obi-Wan Kenobee in the Phantom Menace

"Keep your mind on the here and now where it belongs."

"Master Yoda said we must be mindful of the future..." he replied.

And the trump card, "But not at the expense of the moment, my young Padowan." 

We have a world full of lost people to evangelize here and now.

Edited by JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

I have heard many theological view on the New Jerusalem (our mother come down from from heaven).

I'm not dogmatic about this, because in the end what actually happens is what matters (with all predictive prophecy).

But I rather believe that after the tribulation periods (plural) and Jesus returns to Earth to save Israel from Armageddon...

it will be Judgment Day for all (those who are saved and those who are lost will be separated). The lost will be thrown into the 

lake of fire (which may or may not be tied into the great destruction of the heavens and earth). "Heaven and Earth will pass away, but my words

will not pass away..."

2 Peter 3:10–13 (AV)
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

This will be the fate / destiny of the saved. 

This 1000 year  reign of Jesus (which the Greek says thousands plural btw) IMHO is the current Church Age / age of Grace / New Covenant / New Testament.

And the New Jerusalem has in fact already descended to Earth in the form of the Church; 

and the place we reside in it is the Temple (or more precisely, we ARE the temple):

1 Corinthians 3:16 (AV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The dimensions, I am very rusty on this, but the dimensions of the 1500 mile cube (some say pyramid) 

has to do with dates in history over the last 2 millennia and the nearness of the end... but I caution folks

not to get tied up in this (as it will prove to be as laborious with opinion as was gematria and equodistance

letter spacing was a few years back).

Very good advice from art...

Qui-Gon Gin told Obi-Wan Kenobee in the Phantom Menace

"Keep your mind on the here and now where it belongs."

"Master Yoda said we must be mindful of the future..." he replied.

And the trump card, "But not at the expense of the moment, my young Padowan." 

We have a world full of lost people to evangelize here and now.

The new Jerusalem descends after the 1000 years. So if we are the city how does that line up ? But we are each the temple of God. Of course there are many views on all this. The most important things we will be with the lord forever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

The most important things we will be with the lord forever.

Yes! And it's going to be glorious beyond our comprehension. 

:amen:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

Nobody is going to be picking out their own real estate in the New Jerusalem.  The most prestigious properties will be those closest to the Throne.  Even Jesus said those assignments were not His to make.

So He said to them, “You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with; but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared by My Father.”

Best bet for now is to make sure He is willing to allow us entry at all.  Some who are born again, and will escape the lake of fire by His grace, will not be allowed entrance at all, much less a permanent place there.

Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

5 hours ago, Jostler said:

Nobody is going to be picking out their own real estate in the New Jerusalem.  The most prestigious properties will be those closest to the Throne.  Even Jesus said those assignments were not His to make.

Amen, brother. That's also my understanding. Well said. 

5 hours ago, Jostler said:

Best bet for now is to make sure He is willing to allow us entry at all.  Some who are born again, and will escape the lake of fire by His grace, will not be allowed entrance at all, much less a permanent place there.

I guess we'll find out when the time comes. My personal feelings are no one will be disappointed with Heaven. Just being there is reward enough for the vast majority of most believers. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

12 levels made of a different jewels and emeralds, seems like each level would be 125 miles. Amazing stuff just getting thru the gates. It will not be nice for those outside the gates hearing the wedding feast of the Lamb going on. My belief is, and not saying its so. That the eternal torment will be outside the gates, but those inside the gates will be going out to minister to them. i believe that those living on the 12th level can go to other levels to visit but those on 1 can't go to 2, or 3 to 4. Hope we are all ready. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

39 minutes ago, brotherdon said:

It will not be nice for those outside the gates hearing the wedding feast of the Lamb going on.

Everyone saved will be invited. No one will miss this invitation. Reservations have already been made. 

39 minutes ago, brotherdon said:

That the eternal torment will be outside the gates,

The lake of fire is in a separate chosen place for eternal punishment.

What gives you the idea it's that close? 

40 minutes ago, brotherdon said:

Hope we are all ready. 

I've been ready for years. Thank you.