• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 minutes ago, Henry_iain said:

it's quite sad. These great bands, understandably, never came to South Africa (in fact, I think most of them were banned here, our government having been quite extreme at the time) and they were before my time. 

Yeah. :b: The were banned in China. Banned in Russia also and a few others. Sad. Their loss. Glad to hear you enjoy them. :P

• Group:  Royal Member

18 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I must know.......did “ YOU” scream ? What in the World was UP with that? Lol......

When The Beatles released their first movie, Hard Day's Night, both my sister and I went to see it as soon as it hit the theater downtown. It showed a more of less typical day in the life of how their early days were appearing in London during the course of one day. Filled with mirth, merriment, funny situations and clever lines from all of them. The high point was the many songs from the release of LP by the same name and they were terrific. Filmed in black & white, but lacked no luster what so ever. A great film. They've showed it recently on Tuner Classics Channel, digitally remastered and in stereo. 

P.S. Yeah, my sister and numerous others did scream a little. They tried to tone it down to watch the movie. Thanks, girls. :D 

The American LP                   The British LP

thY8CL4WIW.jpg.c196f7d3551c299dea295e6c48731b76.jpg   thKJPDD13E.jpg.794e6bc614ee98cba81a6b59ade2a56d.jpg

Edited by BeauJangles

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The singing.....the instrument playing.....their wit.....their hair-cuts .....their looks.....none of it would have amounted to a hill of beans without the songs..... that is why we are discussing them today and NOT “ The Dave Clark Five” or “ Jerry and the Pacemakers”......to paraphrase James Carville, Clinton’s former Campaign Manager—- it’s the MUSIC , Stupid!  Lol.......

To watch them grow over the years ......every album a pleasant surprise as they showed that they were always a step ahead of everybody else and alway strived to grow in their craft .....they could have relaxed, and cranked out album after album of simple love songs and continue to rake in the money....but their intelligence lead them to be quickly bored with the same old stuff and that was , to a very large degree , the impetus for them to always be pushing the boundaries of Popular Music... like all true Artists, they did the things that pleased THEM......NOT necessarily the audience.....About the time they were REALLY advancing and maturing in their song-writing skills, I had an older sister that declared in her “ Beatle Book” that she was going to shut down said book because the boys “ No longer had the Beat”.....that was about 1966.......  lol....

Thank you. 

1650752650_kittyheart.png.861f8fa3aed6592ab39b855fa491f23c.png

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time and effort to read my personal commentaries and share some of the photographs with me of The Beatles. My appreciation for those who shared their experiences and thoughts. Yeah, they were a great band and their music influenced the world. 

All this aside, my sister and I love the Lord Jesus Christ first and foremost. We both outlived the elements of the negative events that did occur within the group itself. Controversial? Yes, in every sense of the word they were at times. I'm not disputing that. It's been a hard day's night for us all. 

OIPPHBD1LEI.jpg.e19e914b950774fab9bf7c9119927fa3.jpg 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Psssst.......I buried Paul...

No winner, ...cesspools tend to be deeper than graves  :P

4 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

No winner, ...cesspools tend to be deeper than graves  :P

what? :huh:

I'd like to post this also. No doubt an addressing of these issues would have come up and with the permission of a member who asked this from me by PM. It pertains to both John Lennon and George Harrison. Both of them remained on good terms when the group broke up, even though taking complete differences of personal faith. This will hopefully be of some encouragement to read. 

I read somewhere long time ago, that John Lennon's "Help I need somebody" was just before he got into Eastern religion, and that no Christian got to him to introduce him to Christ.  I didn't post this to your article because I don't know if it is true or not. Do you know?

I don't think I've heard that song, but I do have most of what John put out. He did less albums going solo than the others did. Of course, being shot down at 40 years of age put a stop to all the further ones that he might have done. 

George got heavily into the Hindu aspect of the Hare Krishna Consciousness thing back before the band even broke up. But, he did kind of keep to a multi-deity concept of believing in God. Very odd, peculiar, and mixed up.

And John was mixed up too, even though he was probably a genius. The two of them took more LSD than did the others by far. They were tripping buddies and took a lot of it for several years before deciding it was time to stop. 

I did read from a book written by an assistant of his, that he was watching a Pat Robertson 7oo Club program one day, and he reached his hand out during a salvation prayer. This guy witnessed it walking past John's bedroom. 

I met him online in a Beatles News Group. His name was Fred Seaman. Pretty decent writer too. Nice guy. The name of the book was called, Dakota Days: Last Years Of Lennon. Or something like that. He was with him for five years. 

Hope that answers your question. I also hope he and George managed to find Jesus. (sigh) We can only pray they did.  

Ohh... Oops. The question is pertaining to the song John wrote, "Help". Also the title from the second movie The Beatles did. I wouldn't exactly say this was a plea from John to the Lord at this time. I could be wrong of course. Nice thought though. Knowing John had been tuning into the 7oo Club did encourage me. If he truly meant it from his heart reaching out for prayer, I would think the Lord had mercy upon him.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

what? :huh:

Dave,

BB and I are light heartily arguing over who is "the" chief of sinners.

I apologize for participating in this hi-jack of your thread, ...I'll ashamedly bow out...

Lord bless and keep you

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Dave,

BB and I are light heartily arguing over who is "the" chief of sinners.

I apologize for participating in this hi-jack of your thread, ...I'll ashamedly bow out...

Lord bless and keep you

Oh! Hey, no problem. My topics are open season here. I never have a concern with what direction the threads may go. Humor always welcome. God bless!  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks BeauJangles. I hope that they both received Jesus as you noted above.  Thanks again for the information. 

• Loved it! 1