• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/11/2020 at 11:43 AM, BeauJangles said:

Just a little side note that may or may not be of interest. In spite of the "mop-top" hairstyles and snugly fitted Pierre Cardin suits, The Beatles seemed on the outward to be a pretty clean bunch of guys. Well, pretty much. They all drank and smoked cigarettes and never hid that from the public. 

Not long after their appearances in America, more groups from the UK started their trek to our country. They had also made the charts and getting radio play. Most of them premiered on the Ed Sullivan Show like The Beatles did and also became instant pop stars. We called it, "The British Invasion". 

My sister and I were big fans. She started collecting the US releases on by one. We just had a simple record player. Few had streros during this time period. Later on, she passed the torch to me and I bought a $75 Zenith stereo set up. I purchased the stereo records then. A refreshing difference in sound. 

When CDs became quality, I purchased every issue from the UK and American releases. Slightly altered listings on these and it was nice to have both as comparatives. Also from the original master recordings and in both the stereo and monaural versions. There are sometimes remarkable audio changes on them. 

2072132056_OIP(5).jpg.132055a66cb0e41e6c11e28371c86636.jpg

LP: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

What are your 3 favorite Beatles's songs?

What are your 2 favorite Beatle's albums?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Behold said:

What are your 3 favorite Beatles's songs?

What are your 2 favorite Beatle's albums?

Oh, too hard! Honestly, I'm unable to make that call. 

There have been times where I find myself gravitating from one to another. It just depends on what's going on and my mood at the time. Rubber Soul, Revolver, and Abbey Road for albums would probably take top choices. So much innovativeness, imagination, and deep thoughtful composing went into these projects. But all of them had these qualities.

I'm selective on song listings also. I've got favorites on all of them, from first to last.    

I will say this. Music has taken me through some very difficult times and situations in life and it's been a tremendous source of something more than mere entertainment value. 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

On 5/13/2020 at 8:10 AM, BeauJangles said:

Yeah, we do apparently. Where have you been? My sister and I became instant fan the moment they took to the airwaves on the Ed Sullivan Show. As we know, they played three consecutive Sunday evenings. A record event. We couldn't get enough! 

Do you realize how many other people have claimed this role? Countless. Go stand in line!

Okay, now I'm starting to hate you. No, just kidding! I'll bet that was quite an event even though you weren't able to hear them above all the screaming girls. That alone must have been deafening! Did your ears ever stop ringing after that? 

1. Let It Be... Naked (2003)

Reconsider what you're saying and buy this CD/LP. You won't regret it. 

thBPO0TI6I.jpg.bf3a47bd0445905b9e63585d56d83b49.jpg  
    Now read this. Here's a little information from Wiki. I winged it in my commentary. 

Let It Be... Naked is an alternative mix of the Beatles' 1970 album Let It Be, released on 17 November 2003 by Apple Records. The project was initiated by Paul McCartney and remastered again with the assistance of former producer and recording engineer, George Martin. It brought spark back into the album once again, bringing the original simplistic warmth of a "live take" recording and taking out producer Phil Spector's "wall of sound" effects. Buy this album! 

It's one of mine also. I didn't mention The Beatles "White Album" released in November 1968 for a number of reasons. 

Don't attempt it. You won't even come close to getting there. Prudence was Mia Farrow's sister. In 1967, The Beatles all went to India as did Donovan, and a couple of The Beach Boys, to learn Transcendental Meditation from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. They spent several months in his ashram trying to master the technique. Sometime during his private sessions, the yogi tried to put the make on Prudence. Rumor of it got around and it ticked off John royally.

He told off Maharishi and said they guys were leaving immediately. When he asked him why they were going so suddenly, John retorted, "If you're so cosmic, you should know!" The lads left and went back home disillusioned. John wrote another song on the White Album titled, Sexy Sadie. He knew the possibility of getting sued for liable calling it Maharishi, so he changed his mind about it. It's a good song too. I like it and it's also a favorite from the LP. 

"Sexy Sadie, what have you done? You made a fool of everyone." To Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Yeah, he did make a fool out of The Beatles and everyone else he bilked good hard money to learn meditation. 

Lol.....my daughter is also a big Beatles Fan.... “ Sexy Sadie” is her favorite Beatles song......she is like me— her favorites  are usually  the psychedelic songs like “ Tomorrow Never Knows” and “ Strawberry Fields”......I like those best also.....

there is an interview with Prudence Farrow available on YouTube.....she seems to be quite unimpressed with the whole matter....lol..

My old girlfriend back in the late 70’s bought me a boxed set of every Beatles Album ever made .....the original BRITISH albums......only 3000 were issued....before Capital Records bastardized them, taking one original British Album and in order to make more profits , turning into Two albums.....That is where “ Something New” and “Beatles 65” and “ Yesterday and Today “ came from......greedy #*#&#*&# ! Haha..... 

David.....I got  stuff here that is Beatle Related that would have you salivating if you knew what it was....lol....give me your mailing address and I will send them to you for you to borrow.....if I can find my Beatles Trivia game I may put you to the test..... The Beatles themselves couldn’t answer a lot of these questions! 

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, other one said:

i don't know if they will start the show back up, but if you are ever around Branson Mo. see if you can go to a Liverpool Legends show.....       Louise Harrison (Georges Sister) traveled all over the world to find 4 guys that could do a good job of playing Beetles music.....     and it is like going to one of the original concerts without the 55,000 screaming teenagers....    they even resemble them.     

If you are a fan, you won't be disappointed.

A  Beatles tribute band played to a Packed audience near me at Shawnee College in Portsmouth Ohio ..... “ They were called “ The Return”.......They were flat-out AMAZING! If they ever show up near you.....GO SEE THEM.....you will thank me later! Lol

They used to have a site that showed their schedule.....

Who made the following observation...... “Ringo was a better drummer that John was a guitarist”

Why did Paul stop using his Original Hoffner Bass Guitar?

Check out the Cover photo on “ Meet the Beatles”.....Why did George’s right ear stick out so much?

Bonus question......Why did nobody ever mention it? How did he escape the Nickname “ Dumbo?” 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

A  Beatles tribute band played to a Packed audience near me at Shawnee College in Portsmouth Ohio ..... “ They were called “ The Return”.......They were flat-out AMAZING! If they ever show up near you.....GO SEE THEM.....you will thank me later! Lol

They used to have a site that showed their schedule.....

There have been a couple of Beatles tribute bands who have been impressive in both capturing the songs and effects that even the "the lads" themselves were not able to perform live with advanced technology. PBS has shown a couple that amazed me quite a bit. They've also appeared here locally. Rain was one them off the top of my head. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Why did Paul stop using his Original Hoffner Bass Guitar?

Paul never actually gave up using the famed violin shaped Hofner bass. He did switch to a Fender during the filming and recording of Magical Mystery Tour movie and soundtrack. He liked the comfort and easy action of the Hofner. The Fender while sleek and modern looking, was bulky to him and difficult to shoulder it for long periods. Paul still uses the Hofner today. It's much lighter. Fenders have always been heavy guitars much like the Gibson Les Paul Custom lead guitar.