• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Very much agreed. They never did give George his rightful chance as a Beatle. He probably wanted to call it quits long before John and Paul did. Paul wanted to hang in there the longest. Big bucks for the boys. 

I always sensed that George had little patience for the B.S. that accompanies “Getting to the Top” and staying there.... on the other hand , I think Paul loves “ Show Business” and everything about it.He has the patience to answer the same inane questions that he has been answering for nearly 60 years, yet responds with kindness and acts like it is the first he has ever been  asked that question .....

btw.....if you have never seen the “ interview” of Paul on SNL By Chris Farley.....drop what you are doing and check it out on You Tube——- NOW!!!!  Absolutely hilarious!

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

btw.....if you have never seen the “ interview” of Paul on SNL By Chris Farley.....drop what you are doing and check it out on You Tube——- NOW!!!!  Absolutely hilarious!

I recall one other SNL broadcast where (I can't remember who now) jetted over to Paul and Linda's apartment they were staying at in London on a surprise live visit. Bad timing. They both came out in their bathrobes to do a moment or two of interviewing, recognizing the media were at the door again. Mr. and Mrs. Macca tried their usual diplomacy, but weren't exactly pleased to be awakened at an early hour.

I guess the crew at New York hadn't considered the time factor from the other side of the Atlantic. They attempted questioning Paul about the cannabis bust in Japan some time back. Paul suggested not commenting about the incident. He wasn't in the mood. I wonder why. Maybe the nine days in a Japanese prison weren't the best memories to account for on TV. He kindly hinted  at changing the subject.

We love you, Paul. 

Edited by BeauJangles

5 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I recall one other SNL broadcast where (I can't remember who now) jetted over to Paul and Linda's apartment they were staying at in London on a surprise live visit. Bad timing. They both came out in their bathrobes to do a moment or two of interviewing, recognizing the media were at the door again. Mr. and Mrs. Macca tried their usual diplomacy, but weren't exactly pleased to be awakened at an early hour.

I guess the crew at New York hadn't considered the time factor from the other side of the Atlantic. They attempted questioning Paul about the cannabis bust in Japan some time back. Paul suggested not commenting about the incident. He wasn't in the mood. I wonder why. Maybe the nine days in a Japanese prison weren't the best memories to account for on TV. He kindly hinted  at changing the subject.

We love you, Paul. 

I bet he was miserable in that jail.....but what he did was very risky and foolish....he should have known how seriously the Japanese take that stuff.....it could have been MUCH worse...

having trouble finding a good video of the SNL Farley/ McCartney interview......some fake guy on many of them....he thinks he is funny.....he ain’t..

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

We love you, Paul. 

Its nice to see Paul still out there giving the world a smile through His music.

I wish he'd tell us that He Love Jesus, or suggest something in a song or in an interview that he's open to the Gospel, or has become a Christian.

If he's ever said this, ive never seen it..

But till that day, that i pray arrives, Paul's music is nearly non Toxic, its not designed to lead you into sin, especially his post Beatle's product,.....He just sings his pop tunes and people smile.

Paul is an extremely talented musician.

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I only purchased a smattering of Beatles solo stuff .....usually Paul's stuff ....hardly any of Yoko’s .....lol....

After the breakup, I had to become rather selective about my vinyl selections during the solo years. Paul was into continuing his past successes and kept on pumping out albums with his new band Wings. Commercial pop was always McCartney's thing. Not all of it was "fab". Get radio hits, make money, tour the world, have fabulous photographs taken, and do interview with major publications. He became a farmer, a devoted father of several children, a rockstar, and a billionaire. He was knighted by the Queen for his achievements. Paul and Linda decided to become vegetarians after noticing they were missing the company of their consumed livestock. No doubt I would have too. 

George retreated in the monastery home of Friar Park and had his studio there. Did his Hare Krishna Consciousness Society thing and worked hard to promote it. Put out some great and not so great material. Sure, he was fabulous. But not every effort was platinum quality. None of the four were ever quite as stupendous as they had been in their group efforts. The world recognized it and kept wanting The Beatles to reunite again. It never did happen, but Ringo put out his self-titled record in 1973. Ringo. He had all the guys come in separately to help out with their own compositions in putting the album out. It had a few memorable songs and hits. Ringo really is a great guy with tremendous humor. 

John and Yoko? Well, the first three albums they did together attempting something musical was a disaster. They didn't sell because they were hardly worth the vinyl for the pressings. Then John decided it was time to put some better efforts alone without her. That worked. Again, not everything was great for him either. Some had flashes of brilliance and several hits as well. John made himself  quite a statesmen for world peace. That didn't make him more popular than Jesus. Still, we admired him for what he was as a Beatle. None of them wanted to acknowledge much of Beatledom until John was assassinated. They all looked back in sorrow. Millions of people all over the world wept. Radio waves were filled for days with The Beatles music.

Edited by BeauJangles

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I did tune in as it was aired "live" three hour after on Pacific Standard Time. Good to see Paul. 

59 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

having trouble finding a good video of the SNL Farley/ McCartney interview......some fake guy on many of them....he thinks he is funny.....he ain’t..

I also didn't find Farley's senseless addictions to gorging himself and over consumption of alcohol and drugs to be all that funny either. He did have some talent but blew it all on "self-entertainment". That killed him. 

14 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I did tune in as it was aired "live" three hour after on Pacific Standard Time. Good to see Paul. 

I also didn't find Farley's senseless addictions to gorging himself and over consumption of alcohol and drugs to be all that funny either. He did have some talent but blew it all on "self-entertainment". That killed him. 

Farley was a troubled Soul for sure.....but I thought the “ bit” was good......We love the Beatles for their God- Given Gifts as  Musicians, yet I would bet none of them ever thanked God for the gifts he gave them , not to mention all the Material Blessings he bestowed upon them.George worshipped idles, Paul was one of the biggest Pot-Heads  that ever existed, Ringo was a drunk, and John took pride in singing  that he “ did not believe in Jesus”. I am not their Judge, but if I were a betting man.....Farley and the Beatles  were all blessed with talent and fortune, yet they are Unsaved Men, blinded by Satan......I bet there are also plenty of Lost Gospel Singers out  there that are Spiritually Blind But their sins are just not so obvious.......  

• Well Said! 1

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Farley was a troubled Soul for sure.....but I thought the “ bit” was good......We love the Beatles for their God- Given Gifts as  Musicians, yet I would bet none of them ever thanked God for the gifts he gave them , not to mention all the Material Blessings he bestowed upon them.George worshipped idles, Paul was one of the biggest Pot-Heads  that ever existed, Ringo was a drunk, and John took pride in singing  that he “ did not believe in Jesus”. I am not their Judge, but if I were a betting man.....Farley and the Beatles  were all blessed with talent and fortune, yet they are Unsaved Men, blinded by Satan......I bet there are also plenty of Lost Gospel Singers out  there that are Spiritually Blind But their sins are just not so obvious.......  

That's clear as bell. Nicely stated. John had a sharp wit due to the harsh criticisms he had to face. George was also humorous, but you had to also understand the slight mild sarcasm. Ringo was a lovable clown and everyone admired him. Paul? Not exactly a comic, but he was a diplomatic spokesperson. When it came to performing music, all of them still loved to entertain the audience. This remained with them throughout the solo years as well.  

21 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

That's clear as bell. Nicely stated. John had a sharp wit due to the harsh criticisms he had to face. George was also humorous, but you had to also understand the slight mild sarcasm. Ringo was a lovable clown and everyone admired him. Paul? Not exactly a comic, but he was a diplomatic spokesperson. When it came to performing music, all of them still loved to entertain the audience. This remained with them throughout the solo years as well.  

If you look back on some of the available clips.....I am amazed at some of the stuff George came up with ....He was  very witty “ In his own write”...... lol......I know you will get that one !

btw....I am stumped on your trivia questions.....any forthcoming answers?  I will try to find my Beatles trivial pursuit and throw some stuff your way....

Btw.....I just noticed how I misspelled “ idol” .....duh.......I hope to high Heaven that I did not misspell the word “ misspell”..... haha...

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2020 at 4:05 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I remember seeing A Hard Day’s Night......with their thick Liverpool accents.....I could barely understand a word they were saying!

I think the most difficult things for Americans were the terms and slang that is common with the Brits. I've got a book that lists some of the words and phrases that totally confuse us clearly defined. That and also watching some of the British comedy on PBS made these things more familiar with English humor. Thanks, PBS. Also, watching A Hard Day's Night on the Turner Classics Movie Channel with the (CC) closed captioning on helps a lot too. Thanks as well, TCMC. The Liverpulian 'scouse' accent and Londoner 'cockney' was clear enough to follow. Some of the Brits talk too fast! haha!