IGNORED

Learn a lesson from the Great Awakening ...

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

26 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Oh yes you did, in your reply to Alive, ...on page 8, ...on 5/17/2020 at 5:44 AM OneLight said:

Do you believe that a true born again believer can lose their temper and start committing sins as they walk in the flesh for a period?  These are not unknown sins, nor are they sins forgiven at the cross, but sins committed from walking in the flesh.

There are two involved with salvation: Jesus and the one repenting.  Jesus has done all He needs to do.  His one time sacrifice is forever, never needing to be repeated. 

Now, for the one repenting.  I posted the definition of repent to you yesterday, 5/20 at 12:14 PM EST, which is:

repent - G3340 - μετανοέω - metanoeō

• to change one's mind, i.e. to repent

• to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins (underline mine)

Notice where it says past sin!  Repenting of our sins is repenting from the sins we committed in the past.  At the time we repent onto salvation, this repentance covers past sin, but does not cover the sins we have not yet committed in the future.  How can it?  They have not been committed yet!  Because His work is complete, His forgiveness covers them once and for all otherwise He would have to go back to the cross each time we repent.  Are you with me so far?

So, you accept His salvation and repent.  He forgives you for what you have done.  For the sake of argument, let's say that a year down the road you are overcome by the moment and sleep with someone.  That sin you just committed needs to be repented of.  You have to do your part.  You see, God's forgiveness requires repentance.  Here are two examples.   2 Chronicles 7:14  "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." and 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive us our sins".

You seem to be confusing what Jesus did and what we are supposed to do.  Untangle the two as the work Jesus did is not repentance.  Remember, a relationship requires two or more people!  The relationship created through salvation is between you and God.  God did His part, and we have to do our part.  Repentance is not work, as shown in Ephesians 2:8-10, so anyone who claims it is  "works" is wrong.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding you had about what I meant, even if you don';t agree.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Notice where it says past sin!  Repenting of our sins is repenting from the sins we committed in the past. 

Every sin you commit is INSTANTLY in the PAST.

Do you not realize this?

Everything you DO, is always INSTANTLY in the Past.

And guess what is also in the Past, (with your sin that you just committed in the next 2 mins that is the next one that is instantly in the PAST.)   = The Blood of Jesus.

HOW ABOUT THAT.

All sins are instantly in the Past..... @OneLight  and that is why all your past sin, (all sin is in the Past)  and all you sin altogether  is always REDEEMED by the Cross that Redeems from 2000 yrs ago = INTO ETERNITY.

So, all your sin go into your past and meet the Blood of Jesus that is Redemption into Eternity.

Do you understand?

And besides all that reality check.....Jesus has ALREADY BECOME all your Sin and died.  This is why..when God saved you,  He already (Foreknowledge of God)  KNEW ALL ABOUT all your sins you would commit from that day forward....And He saved you anyway, because God has the Good Sense to Know that His Own BLOOD is well capable of redeeming all your sin and keeping you saved.    Philippians 1:6

3 hours ago, Behold said:

Every sin you commit is INSTANTLY in the PAST.

Was it in the past when you repented at the Cross for salvation, or the future?   The cross is forever, as Christ is forever.  We are not God and speak of the past when we ask for forgiveness.  Even a child knows that.

3 hours ago, Behold said:

Do you not realize this?

Everything you DO, is always INSTANTLY in the Past.

And guess what is also in the Past, (with your sin that you just committed in the next 2 mins that is the next one that is instantly in the PAST.)   = The Blood of Jesus.

HOW ABOUT THAT.

All sins are instantly in the Past..... @OneLight  and that is why all your past sin, (all sin is in the Past)  and all you sin altogether  is always REDEEMED by the Cross that Redeems from 2000 yrs ago = INTO ETERNITY.

So, all your sin go into your past and meet the Blood of Jesus that is Redemption into Eternity.

Do you understand?

And besides all that reality check.....Jesus has ALREADY BECOME all your Sin and died.  This is why..when God saved you,  He already (Foreknowledge of God)  KNEW ALL ABOUT all your sins you would commit from that day forward....And He saved you anyway, because God has the Good Sense to Know that His Own BLOOD is well capable of redeeming all your sin and keeping you saved.    Philippians 1:6

I understand that your theology is incorrect, but I accept that you have the right to believe the way you do.  It's called free will.

When Paul spoke to the Galatians in chapter 5:1-6, he was speaking to those who accepted salvation through grace from Christ.  He was warning them to "stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.".  They were listening to Judzizers and started falling back into the bondage of the law.  If they continued to do, Paul tells them "You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace."  If they could automatically forgiven for their sin, why did Paul say this?

I know you have used parables to prove a point before, so allow me to give you one for my point.

Matthew 18:23-35

"Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.  And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.  But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made.  The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’  Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

“But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’  So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’  And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt.  So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done.  Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.  Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’  And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.

“So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

So we have someone who owes over four trillion dollars in today's standards being showed mercy and forgiven, a perfect example of what Jesus did for us on the cross, forgiving us of a debt we could never pay.  What did the one who was just forgiven do?  He went out and threw his fellow servant who owed him $42.37 in today's standards in prison until it was paid in full since he did not have the money to pay..So the word got back to the King of what just took place and the King called the servant whom He had just forgiven 4 trillion dollar to back before him.  The King then told him his evil doing and how he should of showed the same mercy he had received and threw him into prison until the 4 trillion was paid in full. 

If what you say was true, than the sin the servant committed would of been forgiven him once it was committed and he would of remained a free man.  That is not what happened. 

Care for more examples from scripture?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

Was it in the past when you repented at the Cross for salvation, or the future?   The cross is forever, as Christ is forever.  We are not God and speak of the past when we ask for forgiveness.  Even a child knows that.

I understand that your theology is incorrect, but I accept that you have the right to believe the way you do.  It's called free will.

When Paul spoke to the Galatians in chapter 5:1-6, he was speaking to those who accepted salvation through grace from Christ.  He was warning them to "stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.".  They were listening to Judzizers and started falling back into the bondage of the law.  If they continued to do, Paul tells them "You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace."  If they could automatically forgiven for their sin, why did Paul say this?

""""Was it in the past when you repented at the Cross for salvation, or the future?  """""

--------------

First..... thank you for noticing that i sometimes speak in Parables.  

Ok then.........

You sin was in the past when you repented back  towards the Cross as it reached towards you from 2000 yrs ago, as i explained to you.

"""""I understand that your theology is incorrect, """""

-------------

If my theology didn't seem incorrect to a person who is working to keep themselves saved, (You)  then i would certainly not be teaching the truth......Thats true

"""""""When Paul spoke to the Galatians in chapter 5:1-6, he was speaking to those who accepted salvation through grace from Christ.  He was warning them to "stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.".  They were listening to Judzizers and started falling back into the bondage of the law.  If they continued to do, Paul tells them "You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace."""""""

---------------------

Paul said....."who has Bewitched you, that after starting in GRACE (The Spirit) you are now returned BACK again to the Flesh...= trying to stay saved NOT BY GRACE.

So, the Bondage is to leave GRACE, and fall back "under the law".........as if you remember....>"Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW". So, that is the "bondage", that Paul is telling them they have retuned to by "falling from GRACE".....Falling AWAY from Grace.....Leaving GRACE...... 

That is why, @OneLight that your verse says....... "you attempt to be justified by the law" = because you are now under bondage to the law, because you have FALLEN FROM GRACE.

Edited by Behold

14 hours ago, Behold said:

""""Was it in the past when you repented at the Cross for salvation, or the future?  """""

--------------

First..... thank you for noticing that i sometimes speak in Parables.  

Ok then.........

You sin was in the past when you repented back  towards the Cross as it reached towards you from 2000 yrs ago, as i explained to you.

"""""I understand that your theology is incorrect, """""

-------------

If my theology didn't seem incorrect to a person who is working to keep themselves saved, (You)  then i would certainly not be teaching the truth......Thats true

"""""""When Paul spoke to the Galatians in chapter 5:1-6, he was speaking to those who accepted salvation through grace from Christ.  He was warning them to "stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.".  They were listening to Judzizers and started falling back into the bondage of the law.  If they continued to do, Paul tells them "You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace."""""""

---------------------

Paul said....."who has Bewitched you, that after starting in GRACE (The Spirit) you are now returned BACK again to the Flesh...= trying to stay saved NOT BY GRACE.

So, the Bondage is to leave GRACE, and fall back "under the law".........as if you remember....>"Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW". So, that is the "bondage", that Paul is telling them they have retuned to by "falling from GRACE".....Falling AWAY from Grace.....Leaving GRACE...... 

That is why, @OneLight that your verse says....... "you attempt to be justified by the law" = because you are now under bondage to the law, because you have FALLEN FROM GRACE.

First point:  I see there is no reply for my first sentence, and that you left off the most important parts.  Let me remind you: "The cross is forever, as Christ is forever.  We are not God and speak of the past when we ask for forgiveness.  Even a child knows that. "

Second point:  Many use parables to explain something.  Why didn't you reply to the parable of the Evil Servant?  Yo completely ignored it!  Is it because there is no way to get around the evil servant loosing his forgiveness from the King after being forgiven? It has a lesson that is very important to this discussion.

Third point:  You really need to understand that the Cross is timeless, our repentance is not.  Before this gets twisted, I'll explain deeper.  As I have posted a couple of time now, when we repent, we repent for past sins.  One can't repent for what has not yet happened.  This truth is so simple, a child can understand it. 

Forth point:  Your theology is telling people they don't have to be concerned with any sin they commit after salvation because when they repented at salvation, their repentance covered any and all sin they may commit in the future.  This is not true as the word repent is not a future tense word.  Repented is the past tense and repenting is a present tense.  There is no future tense for the word period.  So, what you are doing is gambling with the spiritual health and security of all you teach this to by telling them to ignore all the warnings found in scripture about sinning.   Consider the simplest example I can think of: When a child is caught telling a lie and they say they are sorry for lying, are they saying they are sorry for every lie they commit in the future?  No, they are saying they are sorry for what they did and are not looking for a free pass so they can continue to lie --- What I am telling them is based in humility and love.  I takes a humble heart to approach God and ask for forgiveness.  We do this because we love God with the love He gave us, not the worldly love.  When we sin, we pray and ask for forgiveness, repenting (present tense) for our actions, even if we had repented (past tense) before for the same sin.  The goal is to not sin again, but being humans, we most likely will sooner or later.  We are not perfect while in this world.  Those who believe they are perfect places themselves as equal to God, who is the only sinless person ever lived.

Fifth point: Thank you for proving that Galatians 5 IS showing that a person who has been saved can turn from the truth and fall back into sin, or bondage, as bondage to the Law is turning back to self works, the sinful nature of man that tries to tell us we know what is best and we can do it ourselves.

Now, would you like to finish answering what I responded you with?  How about discussing that parable of the evil servant!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/21/2020 at 8:22 AM, OneLight said:

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding you had about what I meant, even if you don';t agree.

There's no misunderstanding for me,

You clearly said:

On 5/21/2020 at 6:42 AM, JustPassingThru said:

Do you believe that a true born again believer can lose their temper and start committing sins as they walk in the flesh for a period?  These are not unknown sins, nor are they sins forgiven at the cross, but sins committed from walking in the flesh.

...that's what "you" said and that's what you are trying to teach here at Worthy!!!

That is erroneous teaching and completely against what God has said in His Word!!!

My transgression is sealed up in a bag, and thou sewest up mine iniquity.  Job 14:17

The Holy Spirit is teaching us our "transgressions" are "sealed" up in a bag...

A "transgression" is a sin we know is "a" sin, ...but we willfully "chose" to sin, ...all of our "sins" we willfully commit are placed in a bag and sealed, ...in the Bible a "seal" is used to close a bag, ...a box, ...a "contract" or other legal document,

Please tell us, ...who placed our "transgressions" in the bag and then "sealed" it so that none could come out or be removed,

...did "you" place your "transgressions" in a bag and seal it, ...and what authority do you have to seal it?

The logical and rational conclusion is God "placed" our "transgressions in a bag and He "has" the authority to seal it!

The word "seweth" is a verb the has the "sense" of "continually" sewing up, ...like weaving or knitting our "transgressions" together into one piece, ...Job said his "transgressions" we placed in a bag, ...but he hadn't died yet so that means he "could" commit more,

...so again the logical and rational sense is God, in His foreknowledge, "sewed" all of our "transgression" together and placed all of our "transgression" in a sack "before" we were ever created and born,

...which explains to us Rev 13:8/

... the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

There was no need for the Lamb to be "slain"before God created man in Genesis 1, ...if there wasn't already sin in existence!

Then the Holy Spirit tells us the bag full of our "transgressions was:

...and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. Mic 17:19b

So my bag of my "transgressions"  who God "foreknew" from eternity past before I was born, ...some time "after" He created this planet and covered it with the sea, ...threw my "bag" of "all" of my "transgressions" into the deepest part of the sea.

Then the Holy Spirit teaches us, ...millenniums after that the Word became flesh, ...the Second Person of the Triune God, took on the "form" of a Man and dwelt on this planet in Israel and died on a Cross in Jerusalem for "all" of my "transgressions" that are sealed in that bag laying on the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean...

...and you are trying to tell me, denying the Word of God, ...that not "all" of my "transgressions" are in that bag?

I ask you, ...explain to us, ...how am I going to go to the deepest part of the sea, search for and find my bag, "break" the "seal" God has placed on it and place my "transgression" I commit today in it, reseal it, ...and then have to go back some time in the future and do it all over again???

Yeah right...

16 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

There's no misunderstanding for me,

You clearly said:

...that's what "you" said and that's what you are trying to teach here at Worthy!!!

That is erroneous teaching and completely against what God has said in His Word!!!

Yes, there is a misunderstanding about what I said on your part as you only quoted what you wanted people to see and not the full post so people can see how it is applied.  I am quoting my whole statement below so people can see what is truly being said instead of one statement that is narrated by you according to what you want people to believe.

On 5/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, OneLight said:

You don't know how good it is to see a reply like this  Thank you.

Do you believe that a true born again believer can lose their temper and start committing sins as they walk in the flesh for a period?  These are not unknown sins, nor are they sins forgiven at the cross, but sins committed from walking in the flesh.  I do, and I also believe that these need to be repented of and the one repenting needs to humbly ask for forgiveness.  When you repent, you repent of something already done, not of some unknown sin one may or may not commit in the future.

Gods responsibility is seen when He convicts us of our sins through the Holy Spirit.  We do not become puppets when we are saved, we remain humans with a free will.  Is He held responsible if the believer refuses to repent?  No, the believe is.  Look at the lessons of the vine and the olive tree - both state that when someone in Christ does not continue in Him, they will be removed, cast into the fire and burned.  Now, did God fail in His responsibility of convicting a person to the point of repenting?  No, God is not responsible for our decision, we are.  He, through His Spirit, continues to work in the lives of those who are His, never giving up until He decides enough is enough, that the pone in Him no longer belongs in Him.  There is no darkness in God, only in man.

Notice how I was speaking of unrepentant sins, sins committed after salvation that are not confessed and asked to be forgiven of?  Since they remain unrepentant and not forgiven as the sinner did not ask God to forgive them of their sin, they are not covered by the blood until they are confessed, repented of and forgiven. 

16 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

My transgression is sealed up in a bag, and thou sewest up mine iniquity.  Job 14:17

The Holy Spirit is teaching us our "transgressions" are "sealed" up in a bag...

A "transgression" is a sin we know is "a" sin, ...but we willfully "chose" to sin, ...all of our "sins" we willfully commit are placed in a bag and sealed, ...in the Bible a "seal" is used to close a bag, ...a box, ...a "contract" or other legal document,

Please tell us, ...who placed our "transgressions" in the bag and then "sealed" it so that none could come out or be removed,

...did "you" place your "transgressions" in a bag and seal it, ...and what authority do you have to seal it?

The logical and rational conclusion is God "placed" our "transgressions in a bag and He "has" the authority to seal it!

The word "seweth" is a verb the has the "sense" of "continually" sewing up, ...like weaving or knitting our "transgressions" together into one piece, ...Job said his "transgressions" we placed in a bag, ...but he hadn't died yet so that means he "could" commit more,

...so again the logical and rational sense is God, in His foreknowledge, "sewed" all of our "transgression" together and placed all of our "transgression" in a sack "before" we were ever created and born,

...which explains to us Rev 13:8/

... the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

There was no need for the Lamb to be "slain"before God created man in Genesis 1, ...if there wasn't already sin in existence!

Then the Holy Spirit tells us the bag full of our "transgressions was:

...and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. Mic 17:19b

So my bag of my "transgressions"  who God "foreknew" from eternity past before I was born, ...some time "after" He created this planet and covered it with the sea, ...threw my "bag" of "all" of my "transgressions" into the deepest part of the sea.

Then the Holy Spirit teaches us, ...millenniums after that the Word became flesh, ...the Second Person of the Triune God, took on the "form" of a Man and dwelt on this planet in Israel and died on a Cross in Jerusalem for "all" of my "transgressions" that are sealed in that bag laying on the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean...

...and you are trying to tell me, denying the Word of God, ...that not "all" of my "transgressions" are in that bag?

I ask you, ...explain to us, ...how am I going to go to the deepest part of the sea, search for and find my bag, "break" the "seal" God has placed on it and place my "transgression" I commit today in it, reseal it, ...and then have to go back some time in the future and do it all over again???

Yeah right...

Nice speech.  Too bad it does not stand up to scripture.  This is Job, according to God Himself: Job 1:1 - "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one who feared God and shunned evil."  According to God, Job was blameless and upright.  Can you say that about a person who willfully sins?  No, you cannot.  I notice that you never once mention repenting, as if it has nothing to do with a believers life.  It does.  Paul speaks of it in his Epistles, as in 2 Corinthians 7:9 where he speaks of their sorrow leading to repentance.  These were not nonbelievers, but believers.  Again we read Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 12:19-21 speaking on how some in the body have sinned and needed to repent.

James, who is speaking to believers, ends his Epistle with this summery: "Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

And, then there are scripture about  abiding (John 15), continuing in His goodness (Romans 11) and repenting (Rev 2&3).

The sins we do repent from are forever forgiven.  Nobody is saying they aren't.  The difference is that you do not believe one needs to repent from sins they commit after salvation, which scripture never says that.  That type of message is the same message the serpent said to Eve when he tempted her to disobey God's commandment, which is "God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’" .  Let's see what was said in Genesis 3 on this matter.

Genesis 3:1-6

Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ”

Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.  For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

How are they the same? 

• Non repentant sins, which is disobedience to God, is nothing to worry about, as your theology puts it.  Scripture never says anything of the such. 
    • The serpent said to Eve about being disobedient to God "You will not surely die.", twisting His words and lying about the true meaning of what God said.

Telling someone that they don't have to be concerned about repenting from sin after salvation is not found in scripture.  Do you really think God would move men by His Spirit to write all the warning He gave if they were not true? Do you think Jesus would tell saved people to repent if it was not necessary?   In previous posts I provided the meaning of repent and explained that there is no future tense of the word repent. Allow me to repeat myself.

Repent - G3340 - μετανοέω - metanoeō

• to change one's mind, i.e. to repent

• to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins ( underline mine)

And in the thread "So.... This", I replied to Behold the following, which is a partial of the whole response.

On 5/22/2020 at 11:37 AM, OneLight said:

As I said before in a different thread, the word repent has no future tense.  It has a past tense, as I repented, and a present tense, as I repent or am repenting.  There is no future tense.  The work Jesus did He did once and for all.  We repent for past and present sins.  Though what we repented from is covered by the blood, and when we repent in the future, those sins are also covered by His blood, but the repentance we did in the past are for past sins, not future sins.

• Oy Vey! 2

21 minutes ago, OneLight said:

sins committed after salvation that are not confessed and asked to be forgiven of?  Since they remain unrepentant and not forgiven as the sinner did not ask God to forgive them of their sin, they are not covered by the blood until they are confessed, repented of and forgiven. 

All sin is purged by the Blood of Jesus and the death of Jesus, or you are not born again.

You are teaching the gospel of repenting..>"keep repenting, keep staying saved......fail to repent, burn in the Lake of fire".

That is not the  Gospel.  That is Galatians 1:8.     You are rejecting  the FINISHED WORK of Jesus on the Cross.   You are replacing  the blood atonement with "repenting to stay saved".

You are teaching Legalism...... Legalism is.. "what YOU do, to keep yourself saved"....and that completely rejects the Cross.  

You are replacing the Blood Atonement with REPENTING.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,350
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Notice how I was speaking of unrepentant sins, sins committed after salvation that are not confessed and asked to be forgiven of?  Since they remain unrepentant and not forgiven as the sinner did not ask God to forgive them of their sin, they are not covered by the blood until they are confessed, repented of and forgiven. 

All of our sins as born again Christians are covered by the blood of Jesus!

Do you realize that sometimes we committ sins that we are not even aware of??   There are sins of omission as well as sins of commission.   Thank the Lord that His atonement is sufficient for us all!    Elsewise that little sin that you were not aware of would condemn you according to your above quote.

No wonder some new Christians run around so unsure of their salvation through Christ.   They need teachers that lift up Christ, and help them to understand their great salvation in Christ!

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

What if you are in a coma and can't repent because of the car accident you just got involved in? What if you were on your way to return the money you stole from a man who died the week before? What if you can't recall the other 10,000 things you did, the animal you teased when you were five, or the lustful thought you had six years ago? Praise God that Jesus took those sins---past, present, and future---and drank the full cup of God's wrath for them so that we could spend our time loving others like He is constantly loving us. If we spent our time thinking about Jesus instead of thinking about our sins, we would be able to live for him instead of ourselves.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 2