IGNORED

Learn a lesson from the Great Awakening ...

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

14 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Lots  of good references in that post about “ Repentance.” Seems like Jesus was all for it.....we also know that John the Baptizer was real big on it. Paul? The man Jesus said to follow? The man that  Peter endorsed? Not so much.... its never mentioned in his epistles. Doesn’t that strike you as strange? That is because NoBODY in the Bible says “ Repent Of Sins in order to be Saved” We are to Repent, no doubt about it . Do you want to see  what the Repentance that God desires looks like? Jesus told us about a certain wicked Tax- Collector, whose Conviction Of Sin was so intense, he would not even look up from the ground to pray to God— All he could do  is cry out to God .... “  Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner.” That is a prayer that God will hear.A prayer from a “ Contrite” or shall we say , a “Repentant” Heart. Only those with Repentant Hearts are ready to hear and Believe The Gospel That when simply Believed will save them.    

So, are you agreeing that a born again believer, whom Jesus was speaking about, can sin and place themselves in a position that if they don't repent they will lose what they have, including up to their salvation?  If not, please show me which verse I quoted where Jesus is not implying a person can lose their salvation, and what your take on the verse is.  If you do respond to this request, please be specific to that verse and word with detail so there is no misunderstanding due to vagueness. 

What strikes me as strange is that you tell people to follow the gospel Paul preached and not know that Paul spoke of repentance!  Here, check it out for yourself: Romans 2:1-11; 2 Corinthians 7:1-12; 2 Timothy 2:20-26; (and if you contribute the Book of Hebrews to Paul as some still do) Hebrews 6:1-8.

Repentance is part of the process to become saved, or do you not believe Paul's teachings?  2 Corinthians 7:10 - "For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death."

There is no disagreement about the humble prayer the tax collector prayed.  Yet, prayer, repentance and seeking forgiveness for sins committed after the believers first repentance should follow every born again believer for if they stray from the truth they need to pray, repent and ask for forgiveness.  Who said that you may ask?  Jesus did as written in Revelation 2 & 3 when He addressed His body  of believers in the seven churches.  Now, tell me again that how repentance is not needed after salvation.

Now, let's take a look at what Christ say about who will be the greatest in heaven?

Matthew 18:1-7

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.  Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!"

Why is this important?  I can give you two reasons.  First, being humble is an attribute Jesus points out.  Being humble means bring low, abase, poor, needy, all attributes a repentant sinner has.  Secondly, it can be said that if a child is taught they don't have to repent of any sin committed after salvation, which goes against the words of Jesus, the one teaching this could cause the child to sin by implanting in them the idea that they don't need to repent of sin.  We can easily see what happens to that person.

Edited by OneLight
formatting

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

the one teaching this could cause the child to sin by implanting in them the idea that they don't need to repent of sin.  

You are talking about a child sinning, while you teach a gospel of self saving, to stay saved "repenting and abiding", that if believed takes a person away from Faith in Christ to faith in Self.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

17 minutes ago, OneLight said:

So, are you agreeing that a born again believer, whom Jesus was speaking about, can sin and place themselves in a position that if they don't repent they will lose what they have, including up to their salvation?  If not, please show me which verse I quoted where Jesus is not implying a person can lose their salvation, and what your take on the verse is.  If you do respond to this request, please be specific to that verse and word with detail so there is no misunderstanding due to vagueness. 

What strikes me as strange is that you tell people to follow the gospel Paul preached and not know that Paul spoke of repentance!  Here, check it out for yourself: Romans 2:1-11; 2 Corinthians 7:1-12; 2 Timothy 2:20-26; (and if you contribute the Book of Hebrews to Paul as some still do) Hebrews 6:1-8.

Repentance is part of the process to become saved, or do you not believe Paul's teachings?  2 Corinthians 7:10 - "For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death."

There is no disagreement about the humble prayer the tax collector prayed.  Yet, prayer, repentance and seeking forgiveness for sins committed after the believers first repentance should follow every born again believer for if they stray from the truth they need to pray, repent and ask for forgiveness.  Who said that you may ask?  Jesus did as written in Revelation 2 & 3 when He addressed His body  of believers in the seven churches.  Now, tell me again that how repentance is not needed after salvation.

Now, let's take a look at what Christ say about who will be the greatest in heaven?

Matthew 18:1-7

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.  Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!"

Why is this important?  I can give you two reasons.  First, being humble is an attribute Jesus points out.  Being humble means bring low, abase, poor, needy, all attributes a repentant sinner has.  Secondly, it can be said that if a child is taught they don't have to repent of any sin committed after salvation, which goes against the words of Jesus, the one teaching this could cause the child to sin by implanting in them the idea that they don't need to repent of sin.  We can easily see what happens to that person.

The repenting or repentance after salvation is not due to actual sin. It’s due to the stain of past sin which is called iniquity. Iniquity is different than actual sin. Someone born of God does not sin scripture says period. Before salvation your repenting of actual sin. 

• This is Worthy 1

13 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

This would be the latest version of “ Jesus Saves....B U T”........RUN, don't walk , when you see a False, Accursed , so- called Gospel Of this sort.Did 1cor15:1-4 say ANYTHING about having to confess your sins to be forgiven?No. Believing these false additions to the gospel will have you “ Fall From Grace”....... Teachers of False Gospels are “Accursed”— damned by God. God will not have His gospel trifled with.....Jesus Saves.Period.

This statement shows pure misrepresentation of what I was saying.  I gave you the very words of Jesus who tells believers to repent of sins they commit and you continue to accuse me being wrong as if I was lying and making things up.   The proof is in the words of Jesus Himself, so you appear to be saying that Jesus is preaching a false gospel?!?!?  You are telling people not to believe in the words of Jesus, that they should "RUN, don't walk , when you see a False, Accursed , so- called Gospel Of this sort." You are walking on very thin ice Brother.

Tell me, do you place the teachings of Paul above the teachings of Jesus?  Did Paul ever tell you to ignore all scripture that he did not write?  Are you saying that just because Paul did not say one needs to repent when he was talking about the death and resurrection of Christ then it is not true?  I gave you scripture showing where Paul did speak of repentance.  You should read them.

10 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

When Yeshua died, He died for my FUTURE sins and failing.. think well on that. Think logic.

Logic dictates that there is a difference between what Jesus did and what we need to do.  It also dictates understanding the meaning of words.  In this case, if you don't apply both, your conclusion is illogical.

10 hours ago, Debp said:

The above speaks of the doctrine of Sanctification.   Sanctification has nothing to do with how we are saved/born again.   We are justified and have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Would you also like to take a stab of disproving the words of Jesus found in Revelation 2&3 where Jesus is telling the born again believers that they need to repent or suffer great loss, including their salvation?  I'd be interested to see you analyze the letters to the seven churches since you claim we don't have to repent of sins after we are saved because we are justified.  Seems to me that the One who saves us knows more about His plan and the need to repent from sins, don't you think?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Logic dictates that there is a difference between what Jesus did and what we need to do.  It also dictates understanding the meaning of words. 

Exactly!

Exonerate - (of an official body) absolve (someone) from blame for a fault or wrongdoing.

That is what the Holy Spirit has said to those that can "hear" what He is saying:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:   Eph 1:3-4

"Without blame,"  amōmos, ...morally: without blemish, faultless, unblameable

In modern day English, ...exonerated

When does the Holy Spirit say we have been "exonerated?" 

Before the foundation of the world, before I was born, ...way back in Eternity past when Father "knew" me "only" in His Mind.

How sad so many don't have ears to hear... 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

10 hours ago, Debp said:

Actually sometimes we can commit a sin without knowing it.   Have you ever hurt someone without knowing you did that?  Have you ever seen a poor person and have walked on by without helping them?    What about the slightest sin of omission?   Something you should have done but it was but a flicker for a brief second across your mind?   Aren't you so very thankful to Jesus that His precious blood and atonement avail for you?

Heb 8:12.  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Are you insinuating that the Holy Spirit is not doing His job of convicting us of sin.  Are you suggesting that a believers heart can be hardened to the point of not listening to the guidance of the Holy Spirit?  These are the only way a person could sin and "not know it".  A sin is a thought or action that is committed with the knowledge it is a sin.  A sin of omission is also committed with the knowledge of the one not doing what they should do by omitting something they should not.

Hebrews 8:12 follows repentance onto salvation, where we repent of past sins, which are forgiven and remembered no more.  Repent, repenting and repentance has no future tense, only present and past tenses.  At salvation we repented from past sins, not for any future sins.

• Oy Vey! 1

8 hours ago, Behold said:

There is no end to your Grace denying.... Thats true.

Here you are again, trying to prove that Repenting is what keeps a born again Christian saved.

So, this gospel of yours......... "abide and repent".......those are works.   And those deny the Cross.  Deny the "Gift of Salvation".

You continually try to replace the Blood of Jesus, in every post you write to me.

You don not agree that the Blood of Jesus, that saved you, keeps you saved.

No need to deny it.  Just be honest.   Just say.....>"i do not believe that the blood of Jesus keeps me saved........i instead preach that abiding and repenting keeps ME saved".

What there is no end to is speaking the truth about when I see a lie.  You see, all you have to refute the words of Jesus is your words brought to you through the eyes of your theology.  No scriptural proof to show His words have a different meaning than what He says. 

I continually stand on all scripture, which you have proven over and over again you don't.  You rely on only the words of Paul.  Why?  Only you can answer that.

If you have a disagreement with what Jesus says, you need take it up with Him and tell Him how wrong He is.  But, before you do something that stupid, here, read it again.  Maybe His words will sink in this time!

15 hours ago, OneLight said:

Really, the gospel of repenting?  Are you now calling me a Mormon??   Is there no end to your slander?

Since you accuse me of such,  then you also have to accuse Jesus too as He tells sinners to repent also.  I am in very good company!

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.  -Jesus in John 15

Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent. - Jesus in Revelation 2:5

Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth. - Jesus in Revelation 2:16

Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.  I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works. - Jesus in Revelation 2:22,23

And to the [a]angel of the church in Sardis write, ‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.  Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God.  Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.  You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. - Jesus in Revelation 3:1-5

I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.  So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say,  ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—  I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent - Jesus in Revelation 3:16-20

Jesus is talking to and about born again believers who have fallen from Grace.  I could add more but if you don't believe Jesus, you will never believe anyone else I could quote.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

You gave me quite Of list of things to do....sorry,I am not that ambitious today .....I am going to a cook out and do not have time to do all of the things you want me to do.....maybe I will get back to some of this stuff later

For now , just to tide you over, I have a few things to say....

We are Saved by Believing  the Gospel  Of Grace ( 1Cor15:1-4 Plus NOTHiNG ) Believing in Jesus Saves.....one can “ repent” until the cows come home— that does make you a Believer.On the other hand , it is impossible to Believe without Repenting.....it is built in.The Apostle John knew this— that is why he never had to mention it the Book we send people to for Salvation

Repentance is MANDANTORY for Salvation! Have I  made that Clear to you? The Repentance required for Salvation means to “ change your mind”.If one goes from NOT Believing the Gospel , To one that DOES  believe the Gospel, that person has undergone the “ change of mind” that God demands....

We are to “ repent and believe” .If  Peter or Paul or even John the Baptist or Jesus Himself mentions “ Repentance” notice they NEVER say “ repent of sins” to be SAVED! The type of Repentance they are referring to is “ Turn to God”. That is a good thing to say- it will get a person Saved.Remember the Promise Of God, “Turn to Me and I will Turn to You.” Do THAT and He will do the rest. He, more than likely , will see to it that you hear the Gospel and Believe the Gospel and thereby get Saved. Faith Plus Nothing . Anybody out there that does not Believe in Jesus and His Gospel Of Grace, needs to change there mind and start  Believing it.

......got to go to the cookout ....mmmmmmm......I might return later to take all of your arguments and once again reduce them to a pitiful pile of rubble.....lol.....just kidding....