Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

I was reading Daniel 11 and came across the phrase "holy covenant" which appeared a few times and is a point of focus.

• Then he will return to his land with much plunder; but his heart will be set against the holy covenant, and he will take action and then return to his own land.  At the appointed time he will return and come into the South, but this last time it will not turn out the way it did before.  For ships of Kittim will come against him; therefore he will be disheartened and will return and become enraged at the holy covenant and take action; so he will come back and show regard for those who forsake the holy covenant.  Daniel 11:28-30

The only other reference that I could find concerning the holy covenant was in Luke.

• To show mercy toward our fathers, and to remember His holy covenant, the oath which He swore to Abraham our father.  Luke 1:72-73

My question is, what is the holy covenant, and how would someone forsake it?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

A land, a people, and a blessing. Forsake Israel, forsake the 12 tribes and forsake Christ.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Last Daze said:

I was reading Daniel 11 and came across the phrase "holy covenant" which appeared a few times and is a point of focus.

• Then he will return to his land with much plunder; but his heart will be set against the holy covenant, and he will take action and then return to his own land.  At the appointed time he will return and come into the South, but this last time it will not turn out the way it did before.  For ships of Kittim will come against him; therefore he will be disheartened and will return and become enraged at the holy covenant and take action; so he will come back and show regard for those who forsake the holy covenant.  Daniel 11:28-30

The only other reference that I could find concerning the holy covenant was in Luke.

• To show mercy toward our fathers, and to remember His holy covenant, the oath which He swore to Abraham our father.  Luke 1:72-73

The holy covenant in the Daniel 11 verse is the Mt. Sinai covenant, which the children of Israel agreed to that the One True God would be their God.   

The verse is talking about Antiochus IV who was on his way down to Egypt to dethrone one of the Ptolemy kings-but the guy had Roman backing.     Which on the way to Egypt, the Romans intercepted Antiochus and told him if he proceeded futher he would be at war with Rome.    (known as the famous "line in the sand" encounter).

Antiouchus wasn't willing to go to war with Rome,so he turned back and headed up to Israel in a bad mood, appointed some apostate Jews as high priest - and Anitochus had a statue of Zeus placed in the temple.    And took out his anger on the Jews, who would not submit to the greek gods system.     Which Antiohcus  had adopted a religion that his father came up with and applied to himself.   Antiochus claimed he was Zeus in human form.        Th statue of Zeus placed in the temple was the abomination of desolation acr.

The way the apostate Jews forsaked the covenant was they didn't have any regard for the One True God, and allowed Antiochus to commit the desecration to the temple - by setting up a statue of a false greek God.

Edited by douggg
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, douggg said:

The holy covenant in the Daniel 11 verse is the Mt. Sinai covenant, which the children of Israel agreed to that the One True God would be their God.   

The verset is talking about Antiochus IV who was on his way down to Egypt to dethrone one of the Ptolemy kings-but the guy had Roman backing.     Which on the way to Egypt, the Romans intercepted Antiochus and told him if he proceeded futher he would be at war with Rome.    (known as the famous "line in the sand" encounter).

Antiouchus wasn't willing to go to war with Rome,t so he turned back and headed up to Israel in a bad mood, appointed some apostate Jews as high priest - and Anitochus had a statue of Zeus placed in the temple.    And took out his anger on the Jews.     Which Antiohcus  had adopted a religion that his father came up with and applied to himself.   Antiochus claimed he was Zeus in human form.        Th statue of Zeus place in the temple was the abomination of desolation acr.

The way the apostate Jews forsaked the covenant was they didn't have any regard for the One True God, and allowed Antiochus to commit the desecretion to the temple - by setting up a statue of a false greek God.

Is there any part of Daniel 11 that you think is future?  Daniel 12?

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Is there any part of Daniel 11 that you think is future?  Daniel 12?

Daniel 11:36 picks up in the middle of the 7 year 70th week, and some battles leading up to Armageddon, and Daniel 11:44 is at the sixth seal event.

Daniel 12 is about essentially the second half of the 7 year 70th week.    Micahel standing up is Revelation 12:7-9.     The time, times, half times is the second half  of the 7 year year 70th week.       The 1335 days and 1290 days are on my chart below.

horiziontal_chart_March_10h,_2020_.jpg.a9befd8aa2958a45b0353524b9a72589.jpg

12 hours ago, douggg said:

Daniel 11:36 picks up in the middle of the 7 year 70th week, and some battles leading up to Armageddon, and Daniel 11:44 is at the sixth seal event.

Daniel 12 is about essentially the second half of the 7 year 70th week.    Micahel standing up is Revelation 12:7-9.     The time, times, half times is the second half  of the 7 year year 70th week.       The 1335 days and 1290 days are on my chart below.

What leads you to believe that Daniel 11 transitions from historic to future at verse 36?

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

What leads you to believe that Daniel 11 transitions from historic to future at verse 36?

Because in verse 32 is the Maccabees against Antiochus's regime.   And led the people to believe in the One True God, and not the greek group of gods.     They get some help, but some of the help is only for self serving purposes.    Verses 33 and 34 are somewhat unclear to me, and could be interpreted other ways, imo.

Verse 35 is the first century Christian era, extending into the end times.    Which is the actual transition you are asking me opinion of.   In verse 36, it picks up in the middle of the 7 years end times after the person has become the beast, claiming to be God, and having abandoned the God of his fathers - as the person will be a Jew.

(Maccabees)  

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

Edited by douggg

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 5/19/2020 at 12:16 AM, Last Daze said:

Hi Last Daze

Genesis 17:5   Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Genesis 17:6   And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

Genesis 17:7   And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Genesis 17:8   And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Genesis 17:9   And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.

Genesis 17:10   This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

Genesis 17:11   And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.

The covenant made with Abraham is talking future.  That land that God is going to give to Abraham and "his seed" is "the kingdom of God".

Matthew 8:11   And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

In answer to your question, that same covenant still stands and the devil knows it.  The circumcision of the foreskin was a "token", ...a representation of the true circumcision, which is the "circumcision of the heart" through accepting Christ and changing our mindset by purging all our wicked ways.

Romans 4:10   How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

Romans 4:11   And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Romans 4:12   And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Romans 4:24   But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Romans 4:25   Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

And that's where the covenant all leads to, and what it's all about - Christ.  Satan hates that covenant that can make us free of him.  He hates that invitation to life and hates all those who have circumcised their hearts through the exact same faith and obedience Abraham had.   He hates those who love and depend on Jesus. He's lost too many prisoners, and wants us back.  He is sending a flood to make us afraid, and hopes to see us fall.  When he goes against the covenant, he goes against everything that circumcision signified.   He goes against that whole invitation and all that holds truth with it's roots going right back to that covenant made with Abraham and his seed.  It's always been about the circumcision, the change of heart, and it was always about Jesus, the only begotten Son of God sent to set us free.  The only one chosen and ordained for this job to make this covenant possible.

We are few in numbers compared to the devils children, but greater is he that is in us than he that is in the world.  He will conspire with those who forsake the covenant - who hate Christ's name to work together against us.  Men in high places. Secretly they are planning and scheming against us, but God has been plotting for longer to bring them to their end.

Romans 2:29   But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, douggg said:

Because in verse 32 is the Maccabees against Antiochus's regime.   And led the people to believe in the One True God, and not the greek group of gods.     They get some help, but some of the help is only for self serving purposes.    Verses 33 and 34 are somewhat unclear to me, and could be interpreted other ways, imo.

Verse 35 is the first century Christian era, extending into the end times.    Which is the actual transition you are asking me opinion of.   In verse 36, it picks up in the middle of the 7 years end times after the person has become the beast, claiming to be God, and having abandoned the God of his fathers - as the person will be a Jew.

(Maccabees)  

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

Do you think that the abomination of desolation in Daniel 12:11 refers back to the mention of it in Daniel 11:31?

5 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Do you think that the abomination of desolation in Daniel 12:11 refers back to the mention of it in Daniel 11:31?

no.   The abomination of desolation in Daniel 11:31 is over.    The statue though that Antiochus did prefigures what the end times abomination of desolation to know that it well be a statue image.