• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, branchesofHim said:

Matthew 24:[14] And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

That is a second coming verse. We want people to come to Christ before the 7 year tribulation. We do not want anyone to enter the tribulation. Although many will and many will come to Christ during the 7 year tribulation. Many will be martyred and killed and a few may hide and actually make it to the end. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

There are people who get very angry when people reject Christ. They put the fear into them and shake their finger at them. But by telling them the simple truth of the Bible and who Christ is and what salvation is we are doing our jobs as the children of God. We teach them with the true literal word of God without adding or deleting any words that are in scripture. If they ask questions we honestly answer them as Christians. Then they have a choice. 

Agreed. I have seen this too many times. Shalom.

I remember talking to a young man about Jesus and how He loved him regardless of anything when he became upset exclaiming that he had went to a particular church seeking Jesus when the people there began mocking him because he wasn't in "church clothes" and had the smell of alcohol on his breath "from the night before". 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

11 minutes ago, missmuffet said:
15 minutes ago, branchesofHim said:

Matthew 24:[14] And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

That is a second coming verse. We want people to come to Christ before the 7 year tribulation. We do not want anyone to enter the tribulation. Although many will and many will come to Christ during the 7 year tribulation. Many will be martyred and killed and a few may hide and actually make it to the end. 

Indeed. Jesus' return is coming. Shalom.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,870
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

There are people who get very angry when people reject Christ. They put the fear into them and shake their finger at them. But by telling them the simple truth of the Bible and who Christ is and what salvation is we are doing our jobs as the children of God. We teach them with the true literal word of God without adding or deleting any words that are in scripture. If they ask questions we honestly answer them as Christians. Then they have a choice. 

Thank you

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,870
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

12 hours ago, OneLight said:

Really.  How do you see 1 Corinthians 3:6?  I read it as Paul saying we each have a part to play. 

I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.

Care to show me how I misunderstood?

I removed your scripture to save space so the readers didn't have to scroll up and down to see the discussion.  Also, what does your reference have to do with the discussion at hand???

Hello One Light...

The scripture is 2 Corinthians 5:21...

2 Corinthians 5:21, NIV: "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Jesus is the sin offering ...he took our sins upon himself...

we are without our sins...they are on Jesus..

before our sins are put on Jesus, he had no sin...he had the righteousness of God in him and his life...

the moment that happens we are without our sins and God took the righteousness of Jesus, which is the righteousness of God on us...

this happens by default when anyone believes in his heart....

why thou speaks like Jesus has not been made the sin offering for us....

this is what was happening in the old covenant...

the High Priest put his hands on the goat and the sins of the people were upon the animal...

and the people remained for a few moments in suspense..and when the High Priest slaughter the animal the people went ahhh...

they were found by default in the righteousness of the Law...

if you read Leviticus...or Numbers they talked about that...

regarding the new challenge you put before me...

to understand this scripture we have to study how the things were in the old....

God gave them written instructions the same with everyone....from small kids they learn everything by heart....depended on their own self and others.

In the new we have an additional factor....the Help of the Holy Spirit....who needs people to say the things that the Holy Spirit needs to work to soften the heart and make it receptive...

We need to put the seed where it's needed to...or plowed or fertilized or weed, water the ground or prune...as it is needed.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

10 hours ago, Behold said:

Relationship, is created because God came to offer it.  He does not offer it based on....>"behave like this, later, or you lose the relationship".

You again are putting the person's behavior, in place of the Blood Atonement.

This is Legalism.

Wow, one of the most extreme twisting of my words you have done lately.  I'm not impressed.

My exact words were:

10 hours ago, OneLight said:

This statement from above is how you see it: "Here is your math........Jesus's Blood + Abiding = Legalism".  Yet, I keep telling you that my math is Jesus's Blood + Abiding = Relationship.  How you describe it would require one to obey in order to be saved.  How I teach requires obedience because of the Love God has for us and the Love we have for Him.  Your view requires a Master/Slave relationship.  Mine requires Father/son relationship.

What is a relationship between a Father and son base on, if not love.  Because we love God, we obey Him and the relationship flourishes, grows and we become more like Jesus through our obedience.  Now, tell me how this is legalism?

9 hours ago, Behold said:

Sure.

Hebrews 10: 10,12.   

10 "And by that will, we have been MADE HOLY = through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

1. "HAVE BEEN MADE HOLY".... THRU = THE BODY OF JESUS".   "And this is my Body that is given for you". 

12 But when JESUS had offered FOR ALL TIME one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,

2. HAD OFFERED   = (((FOR ALL TIME))) A ONE....TIME......SACRIFICE ....FOR ...SINS..........HE SAT DOWN'

Now, very important to notice....Its says that  His body is THE Sacrifice for Sin....FOR ALL TIME.

ONE TIME, FOR ALL TIME......= THE BLOOD ATONEMENT>.

= THE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

YOU do not work for or KEEP< a gift.   A Gift is something freely GIVEN.....unearned, and unkept.

The blood atonement, Salvation, Righteousness, are all a FREE GIFT....

A born again Christian is "bought with a price"... God has literally paid with His own blood, to own us.

We are His.  There is no leaving this.  It is an eternal purchase, bought and paid for, by the blood of Jesus.

Your scripture that you provide does not show that when someone sins they don't need to repent.  It does show that the work of Jesus was finished, which I totally agree with.  Jesus has nothing more to do, but like I have said all along, we are not Jesus.  Our work continues until we die, finish the race, fight the good fight, be faithful until death, abide in Him, etc.  I have already shown where Jesus tells us we need to repent or will will lose what we have. I just posted it to you in the thread Learn a lesson from the Great Awakening.  For those who can click the little curved arrow on the right side of the posts header, here it is.

33 minutes ago, OneLight said:

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello One Light...

We need to put the seed where it's needed to...or plowed or fertilized or weed, water the ground or prune...as it is needed.

(I am not being rude or hateful for removing your statements about salvation, but to keep things simple, I am trying to stay on subject.  Just this month alone I have been asked about my stance on salvation in about 250 posts.  The subject is deep, so there are no easy quick answers, but require work.  I do hope you take the time to read my replies in this thread, plus the many replies in "So... This" and "Learn a lesson from the Great Awakening threads." if you really want answers.  I don't think there is a question left that can be asked.)

Notice that Paul is showing that we each have a job, some are Evangelist that plant the seed.  Others are preachers and Teachers who water the seed so it can grow.  Though the full process requires specific jobs that need to be performed, nobody does it all, we each do our part.  That is how the body is set up, as you can see in 1 Corinthians 12.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34

7 hours ago, OneLight said:

What is a relationship between a Father and son base on, if not love.  Because we love God, we obey Him and the relationship flourishes, grows and we become more like Jesus through our obedience.  Now, tell me how this is legalism?

Your gospel is this...   "If we abide and repent, we keep ourselves saved".

No need to deny it, you've written this same gospel to me for 4 yrs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34

7 hours ago, OneLight said:

It does show that the work of Jesus was finished, which I totally agree with.

If what you said was true, then you'd not be here every day preaching that "i keep myself saved by abiding and repenting".

Yet here you are today preaching this same SELF EFFORT gospel.

Stop.

• Thumbs Up 1