• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

16 hours ago, Behold said:

You lead them to Christ then you immediately  tell them that the ETERNAL salvation that Christ just died to give them, can be lost if they dont "abide in the vine", or if they become a "GENTILE Broken Branch".

Not I, but Jesus spoke those word in John 15 and Paul in Romans 11.  Unlike you, I dare to speak the fullness of scripture, not holding back the warnings they will read when they study His word.  I have never like the christian lite message that is being taught today as it only brings partial truth, all fluff and no reality so they can deal with life's issues.

Your message of never having to worry about any sin you commit is like the message the serpent gave to Eve in the garden.  "You will not surely die." if you disobey Gods commandments.  The message you preach is very close to the message the serpent gave to Eve.  They both travel down the same path.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Not I, but Jesus spoke those word in John 15 and Paul in Romans 11.  Unlike you, I dare to speak the fullness of scripture,

You teach that by the "work" of abiding, you keep yourself saved. 

Here is your math........Jesus's Blood + Abiding = Legalism

I teach...."we abide because we are IN CHRIST"..  We abide because we are a Son of God.    We abide because Christ who saved us, keeps us saved.  We abide because we are "bought with a Price", and have become the Eternal Property of God, paid for and kept by, the Blood of Jesus.

You teach, that your salvation depends on YOU.

I teach that God's Salvation is Kept by the same BLood that Caused it to exist.

Edited by Behold
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Behold said:

You teach that by the "work" of abiding, you keep yourself saved. 

Here is your math........Jesus's Blood + Abiding = Legalism

I teach...."we abide because we are IN CHRIST"..  We abide because we are a Son of God.    We abide because Christ who saved us, keeps us saved.  We abide because we are "bought with a Price", and have become the Eternal Property of God, paid for and kept by, the Blood of Jesus.

You teach, that your salvation depends on YOU.

I teach that God's Salvation is Kept by the same BLood that Caused it to exist.

This statement from above is how you see it: "Here is your math........Jesus's Blood + Abiding = Legalism".  Yet, I keep telling you that my math is Jesus's Blood + Abiding = Relationship.  How you describe it would require one to obey in order to be saved.  How I teach requires obedience because of the Love God has for us and the Love we have for Him.  Your view requires a Master/Slave relationship.  Mine requires Father/son relationship.  You should also take notice that we are a "son of God", not a " Son of God", where you capitalized the "S" when referring to a child of God.  By capitalizing the s, you are making claim that a believer is Jesus, which they are not. We abide "in Him", we do not "become Him", so be careful how you present your information.  Every time we see "Son" in scripture, pointing to a person, it is pointing to Jesus, not a believer, unless the word son is at the beginning of a sentence.  Even Paul does not capitalize the s when speaking of our relationship with God.  He states "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." (Romans 8:14) as just one example.

Our salvation, including yours, depends on us to live within the relationship God set up for us, where the only way into this relationship is through His Son.  What you continue to fail to see and accept in scripture is that we are told, so many times, that we need to be sure we remain in Him.  In John 15 you refuse to take Christ at His word.  Instead, you apply your own understanding as it is the only way to fit this passage into your theology.  The same goes with Paul's words in Romans 11.  You fail to take Paul at his own words. Instead, you create an understanding in order to make it fit into your theology.  You totally ignore the words Jesus spoke to the seven churches in Revelation 2&3 as there is no way to make it fit into your theology.  Other places in scripture where the subject is found in sin, you have to say that person was not saved in the first place so it can fit into your theology, when in fact, the person is saved, as in James 5:19-20.  What you are doing is forcing scripture to fit your theology instead of having scripture create your theology.  IN other words, you lean on your own understanding instead of scripture.

As I have said every time, nobody can add to the work Jesus finished, neither can anyone take away from it.  It is finished!  Your theology places the one being saved as finished.  We are not finished and will not be finished until we die and pass from this life to be with Him, or if a person who is not saved dies and is thrown into the Lake of Fire.

19 minutes ago, OneLight said:

This statement from above is how you see it: "Here is your math........Jesus's Blood + Abiding = Legalism".  Yet, I keep telling you that my math is Jesus's Blood + Abiding = Relationship. 

Relationship, is created because God came to offer it.  He does not offer it based on....>"behave like this, later, or you lose the relationship".

You again are putting the person's behavior, in place of the Blood Atonement.

This is Legalism.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Behold

I just noticed that in your above quote of my post, you ignored the last paragraph.

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Your message of never having to worry about any sin you commit is like the message the serpent gave to Eve in the garden.  "You will not surely die." if you disobey Gods commandments.  The message you preach is very close to the message the serpent gave to Eve.  They both travel down the same path.

Would you care to address the similarities in your theology of how disobedience (sin) will not lead to death and the words to Eve from the serpent?

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

@Behold

I just noticed that in your above quote of my post, you ignored the last paragraph.

Would you care to address the similarities in your theology of how disobedience (sin) will not lead to death and the words to Eve from the serpent?

Sure.

Hebrews 10: 10,12.   

10 "And by that will, we have been MADE HOLY = through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

1. "HAVE BEEN MADE HOLY".... THRU = THE BODY OF JESUS".   "And this is my Body that is given for you". 

12 But when JESUS had offered FOR ALL TIME one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,

2. HAD OFFERED   = (((FOR ALL TIME))) A ONE....TIME......SACRIFICE ....FOR ...SINS..........HE SAT DOWN'

Now, very important to notice....Its says that  His body is THE Sacrifice for Sin....FOR ALL TIME.

ONE TIME, FOR ALL TIME......= THE BLOOD ATONEMENT>.

= THE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

YOU do not work for or KEEP< a gift.   A Gift is something freely GIVEN.....unearned, and unkept.

The blood atonement, Salvation, Righteousness, are all a FREE GIFT....

A born again Christian is "bought with a price"... God has literally paid with His own blood, to own us.

We are His.  There is no leaving this.  It is an eternal purchase, bought and paid for, by the blood of Jesus.

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,863
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

28 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We can tell people about Jesus Christ. We pray for them that their hearts will be opened to Christ and that they will ask Jesus Christ into their life to be their Lord and Savior.

Then God takes over and opens up the heart. We approach unbelievers with gentleness and respect.

28 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We do not try to forcefully and aggressively make them come to Christ. By doing that we will do more harm than good. 

I am not criticizing your post...I am not to oppose how you do things and why...

But you said something that got my attention...

"We do not try to forcefully and aggressively make them come to Christ."

Your posting...

"We can tell people about Jesus Christ. We pray for them that their hearts will be opened to Christ and that they will ask Jesus Christ into their life to be their Lord and Savior." 

You may not realized that can be categorized as;

"We do not try to forcefully and aggressively make them come to Christ."....

The whole statement has the elements of aggressiveness...

The intent does not change the fact that it shows elements of imposing our will on others...as;

"and that they will ask Jesus Christ into their life to be their Lord and Savior." 

It seems that you are not happy when you hear that they believe....

Which is a question that many do not want to ask...because they do not want to...or appreciate what that means...

The goal is that we are not happy at all...if Jesus is their Savior....

We want them to make him "the Lord of their Life...and for Jesus to do something that he does not do...

To be in their heart and continuously to Judge what they do or not...or what they think or not...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Matthew 24:[14] And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not criticizing your post...I am not to oppose how you do things and why...

But you said something that got my attention...

"We do not try to forcefully and aggressively make them come to Christ."

Your posting...

"We can tell people about Jesus Christ. We pray for them that their hearts will be opened to Christ and that they will ask Jesus Christ into their life to be their Lord and Savior." 

You may not realized that can be categorized as;

"We do not try to forcefully and aggressively make them come to Christ."....

The whole statement has the elements of aggressiveness...

The intent does not change the fact that it shows elements of imposing our will on others...as;

"and that they will ask Jesus Christ into their life to be their Lord and Savior." 

It seems that you are not happy when you hear that they believe....

Which is a question that many do not want to ask...because they do not want to...or appreciate what that means...

The goal is that we are not happy at all...if Jesus is their Savior....

We want them to make him "the Lord of their Life...and for Jesus to do something that he does not do...

To be in their heart and continuously to Judge what they do or not...or what they think or not...

There are people who get very angry when people reject Christ. They put the fear into them and shake their finger at them. But by telling them the simple truth of the Bible and who Christ is and what salvation is we are doing our jobs as the children of God. We teach them with the true literal word of God without adding or deleting any words that are in scripture. If they ask questions we honestly answer them as Christians. Then they have a choice. 

• Thumbs Up 2