• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,767
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Behold said:

I understand that you want to be able to "know them by their fruit"..

But Satan also knows this verse, and this is the issue.  And because he knows it, he uses it to lie.   

The only way to spot his people, is by noticing what they do with the Grace of God.  If they reject it as being a FREE GIFT, and try to change Grace into WORKS to stay saved, then you have spotted them.   He uses CHRISTIANS to teach deception, as they are DECEIVED.

There is no truth in the devil (John 8:44). The only way the one who cannot tell truth is to spin the truth. The devil spins what the grace of God means to mean something simplistic where we can continue to sin without any repercussions, while continuing to worship our sins. And yes, I agree with you that the devil does deceive and teach Christians to teach his false illumination, as 2 Corinthians 11:14 indicates him and his, masquerading as angels of true illumination.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Nobody ever HAS or ever WILL  Love God “ with all we have.....Nobody ever WILL  “Love their neighbors as themselves.” Attempting to do these things for your Justification puts you on “Performance Road” for Salvation.

I do not care about justification or performance, all I know is that to love God with all one's capacity, and to love one's neighbor as themself is the gospel of Christ.

• Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40

10 minutes ago, luigi said:

I do not care about justification or performance, all I know is that to love God with all one's capacity, and to love one's neighbor as themself is the gospel of Christ.

You can love God all you want - without justification, you're like one of the five foolish virgins rejected by the Bridegroom. So the gospel is about what God, in His love, has done to secure the salvation of His people.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, luigi said:

That is one of the commandments that Jesus gave us... that you are referring to... @luigi

We are not saved by commandments, we are saved by the shed Blood Of Jesus.

If we are to go to heaven, then we have to so what  Jesus said...>"You must be BORN AGAIN".

17 minutes ago, Don19 said:

You can love God all you want - without justification, you're like one of the five foolish virgins rejected by the Bridegroom. So the gospel is about what God, in His love, has done to secure the salvation of His people.

Brother; if I love God with all my essence, and my neighbor as myself, I then have completed the law, while not intentionally following the law, and am therefore fully justified.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

8 hours ago, Behold said:

Are you aware that there is really a Devil?

And that he will manifest his preachers as Ministers of Light?

The do not come to a pulpit or to a forum, as "we are the devil".   They come as "isnt Jesus wonderful....now, let me show you why you have to work to keep yourself saved".

The devil's own mix truth and lie.. They mix darkness with light.... They "sound" "Christian", while they proceed to deny the eternal effect of the Blood Atonement.

I agree, the children of the devil are they who masquerade as angels of true illumination, while in truth they bring their masters false illumination.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, luigi said:

Brother; if I love God with all my essence, and my neighbor as myself, I then have completed the law, while not intentionally following the law, and am therefore fully justified.

Where is the Cross ?   Its missing.      Where is the blood of Jesus shed for you?   Its missing in your theology.

Anyone can love their neighbor.  But not everyone is born again.    Jesus said to you... That "YOU Must be BORN AGAIN".

Edited by Behold
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40

6 minutes ago, luigi said:

But you don't do that. No one does. There is none righteous (Romans 3:10). "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." (Rom 3:20)

Only Christ was without sin and fulfilled the entire law, dying in our place that His righteousness may be credited to us. You need to repent and believe in Him.

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, luigi said:

. The devil spins what the grace of God means to mean something simplistic where we can continue to sin without any repercussions, while continuing to worship our sins

Actually,  when  the Devil is dealing with believers, He tries to negate the Cross by trying to replace the Gospel of Grace with the Gospel of Works/Self Effort.

Where Satan tries to change it, or to over-write it, is regarding what Keeps you Saved.  That is where He twists it.   See, He can't keep you from being born again, but he can ruin your understanding of God's Grace by causing you to believe that you have  the burden of keeping yourself saved for the rest of your life...   His deceived try to do this to you.  They would have Jesus off the Cross and you up on it trying to "complete" your salvation, or Keep yourself Saved.

They would teach you that.....The blood atonement is subject to your behavior, and has no power of itself to maintain your Salvation for eternity.   They sound like this..."well, you are saved, until you sin...and then, your relationship with God is broken...SO, you repent, and confess, and then YOU have restored yourself back into God's acceptance.

See how that denies "The Finished WORK of Jesus on the CROSS" ?

Edited by Behold
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The devil has many more tricks up his sleeve than just attacking the cross.  His first trick was to cause Eve to disobey what God said.  Once he accomplished that, the results of such sin opened up Pandora's box and he is now able to play with our emotions as well the natural human desires.   Beware of them all, especially the little ones that would normally go unnoticed. 

In the NJKV, this passage is titled "Do Not Grieve The Spirit" - Ephesians 4:25-32

Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another.  “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil.  Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need.  Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.  Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.  And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. 

Above are a few examples of the many places the devil will work if given a chance.  Think of it this way: The beaver can take down a very large tree many times larger than itself.  With patience and determination, over time the beaver will conquer its enormous goal by removing one little wood chip at a time.  The beaver doesn't have to chew through the whole tree, it only needs to remove enough to make it unstable, then the tree falls. 

Remember - we are to give no place to the devil.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1