• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

Lucky you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already don't feel safe or comfortable going around town places, by myself, as a single still some-what young woman, And this mask-mandate has solidified it. I already go out only to run errands, or go to church, So this will mean that i only go out with parents. I am already petrified to go anywhere alone, This has solidified it in making solidified. Gltu, and Gbu and your wife. Amen, that you haven't been mandated yet..... :bighug2::emot-hug::emot-handshake::hurrah:

I take it by your words that a mask is mandated for you. I know so many lives have been in turmoil and I see it on so many faces when I go out. So many have masks on and I see no joy in their eyes. I even see people with masks on in their cars. I lift others in prayer everyday along with all the nations. I pray the sick be healed, the weak be shielded, and the fearful be comforted. I seek God's mercy. I know that I have been greatly blessed and am truly grateful, but my heart cries out for all the sadness around me. I do my best by giving a big smile to all (unencumbered by a mask). My life for the most part has continued as normal considering the circumstances. I have yet to quarantine myself to my home, I have continued to work. Our church stopped gathering for a couple of weeks but then continued having church services.  I realize one can worship the Lord from home and many have too, but the greater power is in gathering, in united worship, praise, and light.

I have been able to travel during all of this. My wife and I spent our anniversary in Gatlinburg, TN., her and I have been once to Myrtle Beach, SC to handle some church business and to enjoy the area. We then went back to Myrtle Beach, a couple of weeks later with some of our family.

I hope you too will be able to soon travel again and enjoy the life the Lord has blessed you with in abundance. We haven't had rioting around here either and hope your community hasn't been subjected to that as well. 

1 hour ago, Debp said:

Fear has nothing to do with mask wearing.   Rather it is about using commonsence and obeying the law.

I think they should make some shirts saying Faith Over Bullheadedness.

I'm hearing more on local news about people who thought the virus was a joke.   They ended up getting it and died.

We will disagree on this of course. Fear has a lot to do with it as so many studies have shown the mask to be useless. I have thought about getting a second mask that says, "Placebo for fear", but thought, why bother as I'm not planning on wearing the one I have. I got it just in case I need it to go into a hospital to visit someone. Fear, of course, isn't the only reason for wearing a mask. Some have to, to be able to work and keep their jobs. Some have no choice if they want to be able to get groceries, etc... The mask is being used as a means to get people to be compliant and the media has used fear as a tactic.

I didn't truly expect many to agree with me as too many Christians have also accepted so much of the rhetoric as we say in the south, "hook, line, and sinker". Sorry couldn't resist the fishing reference but it fits. The only fever I have had is the fishing fever. I was blessed to go trout fishing this past week. I caught 3 beautiful rainbow trout. Well, more than three but only three that were keepers!  Anyway, off subject. My heart goes out to you Debp and others under mask mandates and pray that your leaders will come to their senses or have God move in their hearts and quit playing politics at the expense of the American people. I am not condemning you for wearing a mask, but won't silently allow others to condemn me for not wearing one. Yesterday, I was getting a haircut and the young lady cutting my hair (she was wearing a mask, but told me she didn't want to, but had to too at work?, when I went in the place it was deserted. There were 4 young ladies there waiting for customers. I asked them why they weren't busy, they said when they first opened up there was sometimes a 4 hour wait, but then it slowed down. They said they feel some stay away because of thinking they will have a long wait, others work from home and aren't worried about appearance and they said the third reason was fear. All four of them said they only wore the mask because it was required at work. The young lady cutting my hair told me that her mother had gone to Sam's Club and had to wear a mask inside but took it off immediately upon leaving the store. She said her mother is kind of feisty, and was passing a woman in the parking lot wearing a mask, The woman with the mask told her this girl's mother, "don't you think you should try a mask and think of others?", the mother replied, "don't you think you should try a muzzle?" Got a big laugh out of that one. Bottom line, those who feel better by wearing a mask then do so, but stop trying to mandate others to do so as well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,375
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

25 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

My heart goes out to you Debp and others under mask mandates and pray that your leaders will come to their senses or have God move in their hearts and quit playing politics at the expense of the American people.

You totally misunderstand.   I am extremely thankful for the mask requirement.   

I take my 90 year old mother to the doctors in a taxi cab.    I have to go in the taxi to the supermarket.   The virus is spread through droplets as people talk, etc.   And in a taxi, one is in very close proximity to the driver.

So I was very glad when taxi drivers now have to wear masks.

2 hours ago, ChickenCoop said:

I feel sorry for people who claim to have no joy because they have to wear a mask.  If that's all it took to take the joy out of their lives their lives must have been quite empty to begin with. 

I don't believe it is just the mask itself. I believe a lot of it is the times in which we live and the mask is just one of the elements involved. There is so much strife, so much hatred, violence, fear, etc... We must find our joy in the Lord and live our lives abundantly.

2 hours ago, ChickenCoop said:

I feel sorry for people who claim to have no joy because they have to wear a mask.  If that's all it took to take the joy out of their lives their lives must have been quite empty to begin with. 

I agree our joy should be in the Lord and we should be living life abundantly. But I don't think it is just the mask that is taking so much joy, it is just one element. It is the times in which we live. There is so much fear, uncertainty, violence and darkness. It can be very over whelming to so many people and there is much sadness upon the earth. 

1 hour ago, Debp said:

You totally misunderstand.   I am extremely thankful for the mask requirement.   

I take my 90 year old mother to the doctors in a taxi cab.    I have to go in the taxi to the supermarket.   The virus is spread through droplets as people talk, etc.   And in a taxi, one is in very close proximity to the driver.

So I was very glad when taxi drivers now have to wear masks.

I am saddened you are thankful that others are mandated to wear masks so that you can feel safe. The idea of droplets harming people is very much inflated and truly so much is unknown. This is a quote from Van Kerkhove who was clarifying an answer she gave at a World Health Organization news briefing. In response to a reporter’s question, she said transmission of the virus from people who never develop symptoms appears to be “very rare.” She was attacked afterward for not helping instill the fear. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 11:41 AM, other one said:

be like Taiwan.....   wear a mask, wash your hands and get on with life.....  they aren't having all these problems... they only have to worry about China attacking them.... 

Since it is hard for me to breathe thru a mask because I only have 54% lung function, I think it's pretty selfish for some to want to curtail my freedom and rights when I'm not a carrier.  Let the ones afraid of death and God's judgment wear the masks and leave the rest of us to make our own choices.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Since it is hard for me to breathe thru a mask because I only have 54% lung function, I think it's pretty selfish for some to want to curtail my freedom and rights when I'm not a carrier.  Let the ones afraid of death and God's judgment wear the masks and leave the rest of us to make our own choices.

you are not the norm though.   I don't have a problem with you not wearing a mask if you have limited lung capacity..   I have two good friends with that problem..   there are thin loose things that you might try.   that is what my friends do.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

"Let the ones afraid of death and God's judgment wear the masks and leave the rest of us to make our own choices."

Perfectly said. 

except your choices do affect the rest of us.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

"Let the ones afraid of death and God's judgment wear the masks and leave the rest of us to make our own choices."

Perfectly said.

I was out today and when I went into a store, I could hardly breathe.  My state has mandatory mask wearing.  And the Biden - Harris ticket wants to extend that to the outdoors across the whole country.  It's crazy.  That will doom the economy.  And the scientific evidence on mask wearing is inconclusive as to how effective they are. 

One more thing I've learned about the COVID-19 virus, it makes normally faithful God-fearing Christians afraid of death.