douggg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

The scarlet colored beast the woman is riding in Revelation 17 is Satan.

I know what you may be thinking..... therefore Satan is the beast in the bottomless pit.

No. That's not it. Satan, himself, is not in the bottomless pit. But there is a connection between Satan and that beast.

In Revelation 12, the Dragon is that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The above verse is indicating who the beast (Revelation 17:8a) is in the bottomless pit.... The original beast, the serpent in the garden that Satan used to get Adam and Eve to fall into sin.

That serpent was a literal beast, not a human, nor an angel. It had intelligence and could speak. God put enmity between that serpent and the woman; between the serpent's seed and the seed of the woman. Between the beast, the end times person (the serpent's seed) and Jesus (the seed of the woman). It is talking about literal and metaphorical at the same time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

The great dragon cast away to the earth not into bottomless pit, it was Azazel chained in bottomless pit before the Noah deluge.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, douggg said:

I know what you may be thinking..... therefore Satan is the beast in the bottomless pit.

No. That's not it. Satan, himself, is not in the bottomless pit. But there is a connection between Satan and that beast.

In Revelation 12, the Dragon is that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The above verse is indicating who the beast (Revelation 17:8a) is in the bottomless pit.... The original beast, the serpent in the garden that Satan used to get Adam and Eve to fall into sin.

That serpent was a literal beast, not a human, nor an angel. It had intelligence and could speak. God put enmity between that serpent and the woman; between the serpent's seed and the seed of the woman. Between the beast, the end times person (the serpent's seed) and Jesus (the seed of the woman). It is talking about literal and metaphorical at the same time.

Ouch. Why are mangling the Scriptural truth with this erronoeus material? Seriously, dougg, I exhort you in the love of Christ to straighten out your thinking and not go off half-cocked with presumptious statements that have no Scriptural basis. 

Revelation distinctly discriminates between the dragon/Satan/the devil, the beast with 7 heads, and the false prophet. They are 3 separate but co-operative entities. If the beast is in the lake of fire with the false prophet, and Satan is in the bottomless pit and bound for a thousand years, how can they be one and the same??? They can't be!

Rev 19:20  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev 20:1-3  And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. (2)  And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, (3)  And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Rev 20:7-10  And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, (8)  And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. (9)  And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. (10)  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Revelation distinctly discriminates between the dragon/Satan/the devil, the beast with 7 heads, and the false prophet. They are 3 separate but co-operative entities. If the beast is in the lake of fire with the false prophet, and Satan is in the bottomless pit and bound for a thousand years, how can they be one and the same??? They can't be!

I never claimed they were one and the same   I have no idea of hose you conclude that I thought so, by the what I wrote.    I didn't say anything about the false prophet, for example.        The beast, the false prophet, Satan are three separate persons.  

What I wrote is there is a connection between Satan and the beast in the bottomless pit.    I was not saying Satan is the beast in the bottomless pit.

The connection is that the original beast in the garden, the serpent, carried out Satan's agenda to get Adam and Eve to fall into sin.    But what was in it for the serpent to be used like that?    

Satan apparently offered the serpent a deal - to rule over the garden.     

Ouch. Why are mangling the Scriptural truth with this erronoeus material? Seriously,

dougg, I exhort you in the love of Christ to straighten out your thinking and not go off half-cocked with presumptious statements that have no Scriptural basis.

Judging from your response you did not read my post.

Edited by douggg

1 hour ago, douggg said:

I never claimed they were one and the same   I have no idea of hose you conclude that I thought so, by the what I wrote.     

Here's what you said, dougg.

5 hours ago, douggg said:

This is incorrect as I have illustrated in my previous post.

The scarlet coloured beast is not Satan for the reasons I have given.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

The whore is the fake christianity n the beast is the 7 kings' embodiment.

The scarlet coloured beast in Revelation 17:3 is Satan.    The colour is scarlet, as Satan is the great red dragon in Revelation 12.

And in your post, you did not say that Satan was not the scarlet coloured beast in  Revelation 17:3.

What Satan is not is the beast in the bottomless pit, in Revelation 17:8a.

Nor is Satan the beast in Revelation 17:8b.

And  do not lecture to me with statements like - "dougg, I exhort you in the love of Christ to straighten out your thinking and not go off half-cocked with presumptious statements that have no Scriptural basis."    

Edited by douggg

13 hours ago, douggg said:

The scarlet coloured beast in Revelation 17:3 is Satan.    The colour is scarlet, as Satan is the great red dragon in Revelation 12.

This is incorrect. Nowhere is the dragon referred to as "the beast". The dragon is red, the beast is scarlet. Also the context rules out the woman being seated on the dragon, due to the supporting metaphors of it being also many waters upon which she sits as well as her being the great city that reigns over the earth. Often Scripture uses more than one metaphor to describe and illustrate the meaning it intends, and we are told what the waters represent.

Rev 17:1-2  Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, "Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, (2)  with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication."
Rev 17:15-18  Then he said to me, "The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues. (16)  And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. (17)  For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. (18)  And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth."

As for lecturing you, dougg, not so, but since the Bible instructs us to exhort, that is what I am doing here, as well as challenging your error.

1Ti_6:2  And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.
2Ti_4:2  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
Tit_1:9  Holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
Tit_2:6  Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
Tit_2:9  Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
Tit_2:15  These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
Heb_3:13  But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

31 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Nowhere is the dragon referred to as "the beast"

A dragon is not a beast, in your opinion?    And I am not saying that the dragon, Satan, is the beast in the bottomless pit. 

What I have been saying is that the dragon in Revelation 12 is Satan.    And the scarlet colored beast in Revelation 17:3 is Satan.

And that the beast in the bottomless pit in Revelation 17:8a is the original serpent (a beast) who was in the garden and used by Satan.

And that the beast in Revelation 17:8b is the end time person, the little horn, who will be killed and brought back to life, and possessed by the spirit of the original serpent who was in the garden, to become king 8 called the beast in Revelation 17:11, and in Revelation 13.

As for lecturing you, dougg, not so, but since the Bible instructs us to exhort, that is what I am doing here, as well as challenging your error.

Do not lecture to me any more.    I don't care what your reasons are that you justify it.    Don't lecture to me any more.

Also the context rules out the woman being seated on the dragon, due to the supporting metaphors of it being also many waters upon which she sits as well as her being the great city that reigns over the earth.

I did not say that the woman was sitting on a dragon.    I wrote that the scarlet colored beast in Revelation 17:3 is Satan. 

Edited by douggg

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

52 minutes ago, douggg said:

And that the beast in the bottomless pit in Revelation 17:8a is the original serpent (a beast) who was in the garden and used by Satan.

I thought it wold be beneficial for you to reconsider who is in the bottomless pit.

Revelation 20:1-3

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.  He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Then we read in verses 7-11

Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.  They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.  The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Now, compare it to Revelation 17:8

The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

It seems pretty clear that the beast that will ascend out of the bottomless pit in Revelation 17:8 is the very same beast, who is Satan, that comes out of the bottomless pit in Revelation 20:7-11.  Notice that the beast in Rev 17 goes into perdition and Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.  Yup, one and the same.