• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, ChickenCoop said:

Also note that he was replying to the author of this thread and not you.

Point taken. You can't blame me for desiring a person to talk about it instead of bottling it up? 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

6 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Like instead of talking about it they just go silent on these thoughts they have until its too late. I am grateful that people chose to talk about it to some one or anyone instead of giving up. Too many people ended their lifes in the pony fandom only because they were bullied badly. Yes, see a therapist. Talk to a spiritual counselor. Anything, but ending it all! We are on the same page I can assure you on that 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Passive suicide is someone who has the thought but they do not carry it out.

Active suicide is someone who has a serious plan to carry it out.

A person who threatens suicide is usually a person who is asking for help. They usually will not carry it out. 

It is the silent one who tells no one who suddenly commits suicide who is a concern. 

They need help. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Well sorry for the late reply, my topic notifications are not working or something, still trying to figure that one out? But anyway just to clear the air, i was not thinking about taking my life in any way directly, and probably would never have the nerve to try it just by "accident", such as taking some sleeping pills with a strong drink and see what happens. I believe some people who do this are just wanting to get some sleep(maybe insomniacs) and if they wake up then fine, and if not then it must have been there time?? Because God does intervene very often in such situations, such as a gun malfunctioning or a rope snapping, or someone getting sick and vomiting up a bottle of pills. 

And as relevant as all of the examples given were, I was really thinking more along the lines of maybe someone who is homeless and destitute and simply uses that as an excuse to give up and starve to death(eventually). And may even be thinking such a prolonged form of death is more honorable and God would be more lenient in judging them? And personally i could almost see myself doing the same thing if i were ever in such a state, but it would have to be a pretty hopeless situation. But again, God does intervene in those situations, and will often provide a way out or someone to aid or rescue that individual. But if it is really someones "time" then i don't think they are going to have to help God out too much in that. But there are some people who do try to prolong their lives via life support or whatever, and i don't believe God interferes with that, since it is up to that person do decide when they are ready.  

Edited by CaptWalker

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 6/17/2020 at 5:15 PM, CaptWalker said:

And may even be thinking such a prolonged form of death is more honorable and God would be more lenient in judging them?

Well... God judges us based on moral perfection. Active/passive suicide, how you may call it, is just another stripe in our criminal record.
I don't recall any lenient judgement, but all will be judged according to their own deeds. There is no one good, not even one.

The only way to be saved from judgement is by faith in Jesus Christ.

Edited by Wesley L

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

45 minutes ago, Wesley L said:

God judges us based on moral perfection

I agree with most of what you say except this: God does not judge us on OUR moral perfection, but Yeshua's.

Our moral perfection did not save us, so our lack of it cannot unsave us. It is our belief in Yeshua's Gospel that will save us.

Just that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Yes and how can we have moral perfection AND an extensive "criminal record" at the same time?? Unless Mr D.A. was referring to that person who had "passed away" due to allowing nature to take it's course, since obviously no one who did that could have been saved yet...??

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 6/16/2020 at 10:47 AM, missmuffet said:

It is the silent one who tells no one who suddenly commits suicide who is a concern. 

A comment about our mental health care system. When someone attempts suicide here in our state but fails, immediately the police become directly involved. For the survivor, it means one of two things. You're informed trying to kill yourself is considered equal to an act of homicide. You can't "self-murder". 

And if you aren't injured severely, you are given the choice of 72 hours observation in a mental institution, or go to jail for the same time period. In either situation, at the end of 72 hours they cut you loose and let you go. You simply sign yourself out if found competent. They can't keep you unless you're committed.   

On 6/16/2020 at 10:47 AM, missmuffet said:

They need help. 

Yes, they do. Here's the problem though. A setting of what's considered a "crisis intervention center" offer no true psychotherapy. Too much time and money involved and places like this. They really can't provide it. That takes out of pocket expense or good insurance. Modern psychiatry is very expensive. You'll get interviewed and an assessment and that's it. Getting treatment means staying or placement in an institution.  

On 6/17/2020 at 8:15 AM, CaptWalker said:

Well sorry for the late reply, my topic notifications are not working or something, still trying to figure that one out?

The problem is they lag getting to you via email. That is if your profile account is geared to receive notifications. Mine have and still continually lag. Being on site is almost instantaneous if you're signed in and actively posting. 

2 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Yes and how can we have moral perfection AND an extensive "criminal record" at the same time??

what? :huh: