• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Was just wondering if there were actually considered such a thing as passive suicide?? Such as one who purposely puts themself in a very precarious situation which may ultimately end up in them losing there life?? And as far as any scenarios go, well just use your imagination. Since i can think of some ways that someone might try to do this indirectly, or just by letting nature take it's course so to speak. But was mainly just wondering whether God would see it all the same regardless, and only be looking at an individual's actual intention. 

Edited by CaptWalker
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

33 minutes ago, CaptWalker said:

Was just wondering if there were actually considered such a thing as passive suicide?? Such as one who purposely puts themself in a very precarious situation which may ultimately end up in them losing there life?? And as far as any scenarios go, well just use your imagination. Since i can think of some ways that someone might try to do this indirectly, or just by letting nature take it's course so to speak. But was mainly just wondering whether God would see it all the same regardless, and only be looking at an individual's actual intention. 

I can tell you this that which is not given to God can consider their life as their own but that which has been given to God considers their life already purchased by God for His use and glory...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, CaptWalker said:

Was just wondering if there were actually considered such a thing as passive suicide??

Or aggressive, as the case may be with certain individuals. Eating disorders and the like. Forms or anorexia/nervosa and bulimia. We're all pretty much familiar with the case of lovely songstress, Karen Carpenter. Mama Cass (Cassandra) Elliot of The Mamas & The Papas died from a cardiac and not strangulation on a ham "sammich" as some surmised. She wasn't even 30 years old.

Drug and alcohol related abuses such as, Jim Morrison of the Doors. Died from heart failure on heroin while in the bath living in Paris, France. He had become a hopeless alcoholic as well. I also posted a topic on Hank Williams. He and others died young or prematurely due to drug abuses and combinations with alcohol. Judy Garland, yet another. Tammy Wynette as well. Suicide? Probably not planned, no. 

3 minutes ago, Addy said:

I am one of those who to this day... believed that Mama Cass choked on a ham sandwich.. you just taught me something.

Cassie's (Mama Cass) daughter becomes angry during interviews, vehemently argues, "No! My mom did NOT die choking on a ham sandwich..." looking into television cameras. "She died of heart failure. Mom was too heavy. Being three hundred plus pounds is what killed her." 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Whether you kill yourself directly, or have someone else, or some event do it for you, I think it is the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Passive suicide?

What I can say about it is yes...

After it was necessary to place my mother in a convolesence hospital, ...she stopped eating, ...she had given instructions to the doctors if she was dying to not try and ressucitate her, ...they ignored her request, ...when I heard about it and went to see her, she was crying, she so wanted to be free from the pain.

When she finally did pass on, it was her time in God's eyes, ...it was as was written in her book, Psalms 139.

About 12 years later and 2 years after I became born again, Father reminded me of those time and certain events that had taken place, ...comforting me in the death of my mother, ...she is with Him.

If she had died when she had tried herself to end her life, ...she would be in Hell today awaiting her final judgement, ...instead of being with her Lord and my Lord.

So, I repeat the question asked you, 

...are you considering a "passive" suicide?

Friend, if so,  ...there many here who can talk with you, encourage you, befriend you, pray for and with you, ...just talk with us, a "passive" suicide will take time, ...so please, let us talk with you and tell you about our God who loves you so much He died so that you don't have to "commit" a passive suicide.

Lord bless and keep you

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

On 6/13/2020 at 5:02 PM, ChickenCoop said:

I had a failed suicide attempt by hanging.  I was almost dead when I heard a loud voice shout no, then there was like an explosion.  

I found myself on the ground trying to remember what happened.  Then I realized God broke the rope.  

I have now a system that I do every day at the stroke of midnight.  I promise God I will not commit suicide today.  And I pray for Him to help me in all ways not to break that promise. 

May the Lord not only cause you to keep your promise but also encourage you and grant you the joy of his salvation.

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

On 6/13/2020 at 3:31 PM, CaptWalker said:

The motive is always the most important thing.  An active attempt to end your life, whether by direct action, making an accident very likely (e.g. deliberately running recklessly through a mine-field, as some soldiers did, in WWII), or by another's hand (e.g. provoking armed police), is still an active attempt to end your life.

No situation is beyond God's help; so, if all around looks dark, depressing and hopeless, look up to the Father of lights, who never changes, who is compassionate, forgiving, all wise, all knowing and almighty.

On 6/13/2020 at 9:46 AM, LonerAndy said:

Whether you kill yourself directly, or have someone else, or some event do it for you, I think it is the same.

I disagree. 

59 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

Revelation 21:4 - And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Thank you, brother. This passage of scripture is among my most beloved ones. God bless you. 

P.S. We've both been there. (serious suicide attempts) I'm not comfortable speaking of it openly here. 

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

The motive is always the most important thing. 

People have numerous reasons for taking their lives, but the importance of motives are irrelevant.