• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

Ok, so your daughter is being raped and strangled by a man.

If you don't shoot him, then your daughter suffers a horrific and miserable death.

Are you saying you would just.... pray for him, while he's raping your daughter?  While he is slowly strangling the life out of her?

Does "loving your enemy" mean allowing evil and injustice on the Earth?  Is that what you believe?

God is sovereign.

They did not break Jesus legs but pieced his side. Now it was standard practice  to break criminals legs in those to make sure they were dead.

But that scripture might be full filled, not a bone of his body was broken. Christ full fill over three hundred scriptures in his life time not one failed.

Therefore if we believe God and if we live for God he will help in time of trouble. He helped Noah, He helped Lot, He helped Abraham, He helped Jacob and he helped the apostles and the early church.

Take note of how many times the apostles  we're frown into prison but until their appointed time to die God several times made away for them.

I can't watch over my daughter all the time BUT IF she live's right then God will help.

Secondly governments,law enforcement are ordained of God as another way you can call for help if needed.

If you are in trouble there it is no sin to Call for help, but remember help may not come from the authorities when you need it. This is why we need the Lord, he is an ever present help in a time of need. 24 hours a day, 7 days in the week , every week every month he never sleeps nor gets stuck in traffic.

David wrote in psalm37:25 have never seen the righteouess forsaken neither his seed begging bread.

If God helped David and the Israelites against Goliath and the philistines then cant he help us also.

Let's look and Christ and the apostles during their ministry. They had no armed body guard's no swords no concealed weapons licence. But look where the gospel is today preached in almost all parts of the world.

Jesus even rebuked peter when he pulled out his sword and cut off the ear of malcus one of the men sent to arrest him.(note how Jesus put back malcus ear, back on his head, what love!)

Steven suffered death for preaching the truth of the gospel. The word teached he saw Christ standing on the right hand of God while they were stoning him, and he said lay not this sin to their charge, then he gave up the ghost The witnesses laid their cloths at the feet of a young man called Saul (God is getting ready for even greater work)

Edited by vic66

10 hours ago, whitetiger said:

Yep. We sat by to much and allowed evil and now we are paying the price. Christians have let society down by not standing against evil

Jesus stood against evil by laying down his life for our  sake. HE GAVE UP IS WILL AND SUBMITTED TO THE WILL OF HIS FATHER

Even to the death on the cross.

Edited by vic66

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, vic66 said:

Jesus stood against evil by laying down his life for our  sake. HE GAVE UP IS WILL AND SUBMITTED TO THE WILL OF HIS FATHER

Even to the death on the cross.

Bro, please "lower thy font". Capping is considered to be shouting in a forum and/or chat format online. 

Thanks. :mellow:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

10 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Bro, please "lower thy font". Capping is considered to be shouting in a forum and/or chat format online. 

Some CAP. Some give booringly long comments. Some say things in the private corner about others. Some repeat themselves over and over again as if the number of repetitions will more loudly be heard. We all have different ways of bringing attention to ourselves instead of to the Savior.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

13 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

Some CAP. Some give booringly long comments. Some say things in the private corner about others. Some repeat themselves over and over again as if the number of repetitions will more loudly be heard. We all have different ways of bringing attention to ourselves instead of to the Savior.

We have a member who has good commentaries but caps continually. It is difficult for me to read. :26:

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

To stress a point more forcefully I chose to cap

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

4 hours ago, vic66 said:

God is sovereign.

They did not break Jesus legs but pieced his side. Now it was standard practice  to break criminals legs in those to make sure they were dead.

But that scripture might be full filled, not a bone of his body was broken. Christ full fill over three hundred scriptures in his life time not one failed.

Therefore if we believe God and if we live for God he will help in time of trouble. He helped Noah, He helped Lot, He helped Abraham, He helped Jacob and he helped the apostles and the early church.

Take note of how many times the apostles  we're frown into prison but until their appointed time to die God several times made away for them.

I can't watch over my daughter all the time BUT IF she live's right then God will help.

Secondly governments,law enforcement are ordained of God as another way you can call for help if needed.

If you are in trouble there it is no sin to Call for help, but remember help may not come from the authorities when you need it. This is why we need the Lord, he is an ever present help in a time of need. 24 hours a day, 7 days in the week , every week every month he never sleeps nor gets stuck in traffic.

David wrote in psalm37:25 have never seen the righteouess forsaken neither his seed begging bread.

If God helped David and the Israelites against Goliath and the philistines then cant he help us also.

Let's look and Christ and the apostles during their ministry. They had no armed body guard's no swords no concealed weapons licence. But look where the gospel is today preached in almost all parts of the world.

Jesus even rebuked peter when he pulled out his sword and cut off the ear of malcus one of the men sent to arrest him.(note how Jesus put back malcus ear, back on his head, what love!)

Steven suffered death for preaching the truth of the gospel. The word teached he saw Christ standing on the right hand of God while they were stoning him, and he said lay not this sin to their charge, then he gave up the ghost The witnesses laid their cloths at the feet of a young man called Saul (God is getting ready for even greater work)

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/nobody-showed-up-911-calls-bring-no-response-after-break-auto-shop-near-capitol-hill-protest-zone/O42CQ6VUXVDBHIB3334DI7LPV4/

This man called police 11 times.  No police showed up.

So I'll ask again.

Ok, so your daughter is being raped and strangled by a man.

If you don't shoot him, then your daughter suffers a horrific and miserable death.

Are you saying you would just.... pray for him, while he's raping your daughter?  While he is slowly strangling the life out of her?

Does "loving your enemy" mean allowing evil and injustice on the Earth?  Is that what you believe?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, vic66 said:

To stress a point more forcefully I chose to cap

As do I by using bold, to point out or emphasize a phrase, lest it be missed.
Doing so would/should not bring attention to myself, but what's been pointed out, instead.
I typically just skip a post that is  ALL in CAPPED LETTERS.
Some here use silly cartoon characters, that vibrate,
or wiggle around, messing with my concentration, or what's left of it.
It is just a way to communicate an idea to the viewers that cannot hear our voice timbre,
or read our facial expressions, or body language.
I, and probably most here, can recognize a member here by these 'visible' cues.
And like in a group setting, face to face, I can choose to listen, or not.
This forum was primarily for bible discussion, teaching/learning, sharing the good news etc.
But it is also for many here,  a social, their 'fellowship/assembly' or (excuse the term) church.
And in any group of people, there will be characters ( present company exempted:)

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Over the past few years I've come to the conclusion that sometimes pacifism is a just prettier name for cowardice. But then I'm an old Army vet. What do I know?

Carry on ...

Edited by John Robinson
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

48 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

Over the past few years I've come to the conclusion that sometimes pacifism is a just prettier name for cowardice. But then I'm an old Army vet. What do I know?

Carry on ...

John, as an Air force VET myself, I hear you. It is easier to slink in the background and not make too much noise. Jesus made huge waves, pulling that large tablecloth of sin out from under the whole world in only three short years. Yet Jesus did it in a way that was perfect and I fall short of the best way.  Many are sitting on the fence, afraid. They have a right to be afraid because standing up for the truth means being "crucified." Balancing the truth with humility is not easy. As you say..."Carry on..."

Edited by Coliseum