• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Its easy for me to look it from the out side in. And are/were as of last here third largest fast food. So easy to say how/what I would stand for. But when you have over 20,000 corporate employees and over 11,000 people. You HAVE to take into account all of them. So.. does not bother me at all. I just wonder whats the lens were looking at this through :) If I thought something was wrong I would be talking to my Father about it :)

We go out and eat, buy food, clothes and have no clue what the owner stand for.  So if that doesn't bother you why would this?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

Chick-fil-a is taking hits from both sides of the BLM vs Law Enforcement issue

I spent quite a bit of time reading about some of the Chick-fil-a "scandal" earlier this week. I didn't dig into the CEO very much...just enough to know he doesn't have the same backbone or eloquence as his father did...and that he was desperately virtue signaling to save his business.

The main situation I looked into involved a t-shirt.

Part 1:

I kept seeing memes and comments about Chick-fil-A (CFA) claiming they do not support the police. I knew that had to be wrong so I started digging. There is currently a huge controversy about a t-shirt raging on the internet. An employee wore a blue & black t-shirt to work that said something to the effect of supporting the Big Blue on the back. In this era of reporting facts and NEVER jumping to conclusions, rumors accusing CFA of designing and selling t-shirts that supported the police during the protests began circulating. Supporters of BLM were outraged and calling for a ban on CFA because the "evidence" PROVES it is a racist company.

Meanwhile, the truth about the shirt came out...much more quietly than the angry rumors. The t-shirt worn by the employee was made in 2015 in support of the local high school. Yep, the school colors are black and blue...so, "we support the blue" is merely cheering on the home team.

Part 2:

In an effort straighten out the misunderstanding, CFA reps (maybe the CEO...not sure) ensured people they were not selling shirts in support of the police during the controversy. As is the tradition of "fake news" and the ridiculous types of conclusions "Sheeple" draw due to a huge deficit in basic reasoning skills...these statements were twisted to mean that CFA does not support law enforcement....which of course is a far cry from simply not making t-shirts.

In turn, those who support Atlanta Officer Rolfe (who was fired for shooting the suspect who stole his taser, etc...) are calling for a ban on CFA because they are suddenly viewed as anti-police. This whole situation is based on half truths in reporting and Tweeting. So few people bothered to look at the whole situation...they just condemned the business based on 2 sentence phrases they read around the internet. This sort of thing happens all the time and it's exhausting. It also demonstrates a gap in learning in our school system.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,578
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I almost never go to it because the line there is always is so long and there are no available parking spaces for walk in. So I go to  Shake and Bake. Surprisingly Steak and Shake has decent chicken bits. I find neither place to be a religious  nor  a political experience.