The throne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I read from a christian piece this morning that says  "There is a kingless throne in Jerusalem and a throneless King in heaven." I just want to know, is there truly a throneless king in heaven? Please someone should throw more light on this and help me understand it. 

Thank you. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @ChrisRizzy

I don't know man, it doesn't sound like anything in Scripture to me.   It reads like a poetic line that sounds good and impressive, but is without a foundation in wisdom and basically incorrect.

"There is a kingless throne in Jerusalem..."

Oh really?  Where is it then?  You'll find no throne in Jerusalem until the Messiah returns.

"..and a throneless King in heaven"

I won't bore you with the many Scriptures that contradict this, but here is just a couple:

"The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne." - Rev 3:21

"At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne." - Rev 4:2

Be cautious of this Christian writer.  They were probably just trying to be poetic, but it's best not to learn from those who are sharing inaccurate statement.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

11 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom @ChrisRizzy

I don't know man, it doesn't sound like anything in Scripture to me.   It reads like a poetic line that sounds good and impressive, but is without a foundation in wisdom and basically incorrect.

"There is a kingless throne in Jerusalem..."

Oh really?  Where is it then?  You'll find no throne in Jerusalem until the Messiah returns.

"..and a throneless King in heaven"

I won't bore you with the many Scriptures that contradict this, but here is just a couple:

"The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne." - Rev 3:21

"At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne." - Rev 4:2

Be cautious of this Christian writer.  They were probably just trying to be poetic, but it's best not to learn from those who are sharing inaccurate statement.

Love & Shalom

Thanks @Tzephanyahu

I was really concerned and worried after reading that this morning.

Thank you for using the scriptures to make it clearer. I believe there's no THRONELESS KING IN HEAVEN and I'll just dismiss it like a poetic line from the writer. 

Shalom

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

You're very welcome @ChrisRizzy

Anything said or written with enough confidence is generally received as a 'fact' and poetic expression naturally exudes an appearance of wisdom.  But you weren't caught out!  You were wise to be concerned and investigate the matter further.   Surely, Almighty Yahweh has His hand upon you.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

21 minutes ago, SONshine said:

And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

Ezekiel 1:26
Above the expanse over their heads was the likeness of a throne with the appearance of sapphire, and on the throne high above was a figure like that of a man.

Yeshua is the one on the throne here.

[added for clarity]

The Harvest of the Earth Rev: 14-14
13 And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, “Blessed are the dead—those who die in the Lord from this moment on.” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them.” 14 And I looked and saw a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was One like the Son of Man, with a golden crown on His head and a sharp sickle in His hand.

Daniel 7:13 (here we see Yeshua AND the Ancient of Days together)
In my vision in the night I continued to watch, and I saw One like a Son of Man coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into His presence.

....He was given dominion, glory, and kingship, that the people of every nation and language should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and His kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.…

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

Thanks @SONshineand @Justin Adams, it feels good to get more insight and clarification from the scripture through your response. Thanks a lot friends and of course, @Tzephanyahuas well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

We should note: when reading all this Deity of Christ stuff, that after about 100 AD (read church history carefully) we see the rise of the anti-Christology factions that attempt to put the apostles' writings into the later 'church age' as described by RCC, Augustine, Luther, Calvin etc. They really muddied the waters very well and abridged the scriptures and cut out a lot of books in the so-called reformation. Read carefully what the reformers did NOT do, and the resultant supernaturally stripped scripture is what we have today. Example: there is NOT "a green hill far away". It was a garbage dump. So much of our scripture has been modified and sterilised. We seem to think Milton's Paradise Lost is a truer rendition and Augustine's City of God. So much tripe and rubbish. Modern theology is rife with misdirects and even some blatant lies. Study carefully - it is all there for us now. Do not listen to second hand stuff that comes from the major seminaries - they were/are mostly steeped in Augustinian and Calvinistic dogmas. These horrible doctrines formulated what most of us THINK we know today.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

2 hours ago, ChrisRizzy said:

I read from a christian piece this morning that says  "There is a kingless throne in Jerusalem and a throneless King in heaven." I just want to know, is there truly a throneless king in heaven? Please someone should throw more light on this and help me understand it. 

Thank you. 

1 Timothy 6:15-16

15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Revelation 3:21 

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Hebrews 1:8,

But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.

Jesus is referred to as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is the king that is always sitting on his throne forever. Scripture also talks about the Kingdom of God being within us. 
This talk about a Kingless kingdom is a bunch of nonsense and not supported by scripture. There’s many more scriptures I could of posted.
Also this talk about Jesus coming in the future is the same as a kingless kingdom because Jesus is referred to in scripture as the head of the body of Christ the church. If we are saying Jesus is coming in the future then that implies that he isn’t here now.

If he’s not here now then the body of Christ is a headless body that lines up with a Kingless kingdom. Those that believe in Jesus’s coming in the future are literally by this belief are implying Gods kingdom as a Kingless throne in the kingdom. Jesus is alive within me and the Kingdom within me isn’t Kingless.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

11 hours ago, ChrisRizzy said:

Thank you. 

Jesus came down from a throne, to redeem us. Trust Him for eternal life!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

12 hours ago, ChrisRizzy said:

Thank you. 

I think that was a figurative statement to a very extreme level.

There is no actual throne in Jerusalem, although there will be in the future.

And there is no king without a throne in Heaven.

Think in a wonky odd sort of way, they were saying that Jesus is coming back as King, where he will rule from his throne in Jerusalem.

But I would not take either statement literally.  In fact, I would not say that statement at all, because it is confusing, not entirely accurate.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1