IGNORED

Surprising Christians

I like discovering who is a Christian, it is a nice source of inspiration. Often i can sense there is something special, an aura of relaxed peace and goodness about someone and then i discover indeed they are a follower of Jesus Christ. 

This goes for everyday folks but also for well known celebrities. I just read for the first time that Delia Smith is a Christian. I simply associate her with cooking. But apparently she has written Christian books.

Have you ever been surprised to discover someone you never suspected is not only a Christian but is happy to talk about it? In this cynical turmoil of a world, so much godlessness, it is great to know we have brothers and sisters in Christ in the most unexpected places. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

The kingdom of Heaven is not found in religious buildings but in the hearts that forgive n share happiness.

Most people hv religion but they don't hv the kingdom of God

So its better to meet a good Samaritan than the eloquent hypocrites.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

intresting perspective here

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I like discovering who is a Christian, it is a nice source of inspiration. Often i can sense there is something special, an aura of relaxed peace and goodness about someone and then i discover indeed they are a follower of Jesus Christ. 

This goes for everyday folks but also for well known celebrities. I just read for the first time that Delia Smith is a Christian. I simply associate her with cooking. But apparently she has written Christian books.

Have you ever been surprised to discover someone you never suspected is not only a Christian but is happy to talk about it? In this cynical turmoil of a world, so much godlessness, it is great to know we have brothers and sisters in Christ in the most unexpected places. 

It is refreshing to come upon a born again Christian who is really grounded in Christ. 

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

This is a very sweet post, Melinda. Yes, It's an inspirational thing of spark when you encounter other Christian believers out in the everyday world. Especially if you have a moment or more to share with each other the goodness of the Lord and exchange a bit of testimony time. I just love that. Thanks for placing this into the forum. Great idea! 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

This is a very sweet post, Melinda. Yes, It's an inspirational thing of spark when you encounter other Christian believers out in the everyday world. Especially if you have a moment or more to share with each other the goodness of the Lord and exchange a bit of testimony time. I just love that. Thanks for placing this into the forum. Great idea! 

Thanks. 

Especially celebrities. I love when i realise ones that are Christian - the most surprising ones. It just shows how little outer appearance matters. I see a person differently when i find they have a Christian heart. They are in a prime position to influence fans if they are a musician or actor. What a chance they have to spread the word. Fame and bad experiences can then be turned to amazing testimony to inspire and switch souls to know Jesus. Fantastic! 

I went to see a new rock band last year. They were young and brilliant. The lead singer especially was outstanding with such big hearted connection to the audience. He kept saying 'God bless you', he had a humility that i knew was special.  Later i looked up about his background. Yes! He was brought up a Christian and was known to care deeply for his family. Not at all the image of rockets. 

Taught me again never judge or assume by appearances alone. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Dean Cain.

Alice Cooper.

Danny Thomas.

Rick Wakeman.

Johnny Carson.

Just off the top of my head.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Thanks. 

Especially celebrities. I love when i realise ones that are Christian - the most surprising ones. It just shows how little outer appearance matters. I see a person differently when i find they have a Christian heart. They are in a prime position to influence fans if they are a musician or actor. What a chance they have to spread the word. Fame and bad experiences can then be turned to amazing testimony to inspire and switch souls to know Jesus. Fantastic! 

You know, I seldom if ever dream of celebrities. Last night I dreamed of being in a dream where Tom Hanks was living in a trailer on some vacant land that he owned. Surely not somewhere a big star like him should be or live. Me either for that matter. We were impoverished in this dream and just trying to eek it out from day to day. His trailer was a rundown model and I was living in a one room shack next door. At one point he became very upset with me for accidentally spraying his daisies with my garden hose! He got over it and then we became good friends! Way to go, Tom! Oh. I forgot. One of our Watchmen said Tom Hanks was a professing Christian. That's why I shared this dream. 

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I went to see a new rock band last year. They were young and brilliant. The lead singer especially was outstanding with such big hearted connection to the audience. He kept saying 'God bless you', he had a humility that i knew was special.  Later i looked up about his background. Yes! He was brought up a Christian and was known to care deeply for his family. Not at all the image of rockets. 

Taught me again never judge or assume by appearances alone. 

Okay, this has me extremely curious. Being a musician, I'm wanting to know who this group is. I'll probably be not familiar with them being young and new. Still I'd love to hear more of them. You may feel free to PM more details if you don't wish to discuss them further here.