• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 8/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, iamlamad said:

So we disagree again. Not a big thing: we usually do. It is absolute truth that John used the word "white" (the Greek behind it) 17 times. And every time with meaning attached. 

What does white represent in these verses?

Revelation 7:14
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
[Here white would be sin-free or without sin, as having been washed in the blood.]

Revelation 19:8
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints
. [here white is to represent righteousness.]

Shalom, iamlamad.

YES! And, this is what I was talking about! WHEN the color is used for a representation, THEN it's okay to say it means "righteousness," although it's actually the clean, white LINEN that represents righteousness.

It's not in other cases! It's no better to say that "white always means righteousness" anymore than to say that "leaven always means sin," which it doesn't, by the way. Sometimes, leaven is likened to the Kingdom!

How about Christ's "white" horse? 

What about it? It's a WHITE HORSE! Nothing representative there!

How about the pure and "white" linen as clothing angel wear?
How about clean and white linen the armies of heaven will wear?  

In these two cases, there's already a precedent established. So, it may be pushing the envelope, but these COULD be representative of "righteousness."

How about the white cloud one like the Son of Man is seen seated on? 

It's not a storm cloud; it's a white cloud. Furthermore, how does ANYONE sit upon a cloud?! Try it!

Is it a stretch to say "white" in these verses means just what it meant in these two examples? 

Yes, it is a color, but it is a color GOD USED. And in two cases came right out and told us His meaning.  Perhaps you are of the persuasion that the first white horse is white only by accident - perhaps John liked white. Did John see a white horse, or not? 

Yes, he saw a white horse. He also saw other colored horses. Do those colors have to mean anything? It was the color of horse that the rider chose! The RIDER is the link to the color of horse used.

Finally, sorry, this is not "adding. " what it IS is understanding - something few seem want to do here. 

It IS adding, and THAT is what you need to understand.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, iamlamad.

YES! And, this is what I was talking about! WHEN the color is used for a representation, THEN it's okay to say it means "righteousness," although it's actually the clean, white LINEN that represents righteousness.

It's not in other cases! It's no better to say that "white always means righteousness" anymore than to say that "leaven always means sin," which it doesn't, by the way. Sometimes, leaven is likened to the Kingdom!

What about it? It's a WHITE HORSE! Nothing representative there!

In these two cases, there's already a precedent established. So, it may be pushing the envelope, but these COULD be representative of "righteousness."

It's not a storm cloud; it's a white cloud. Furthermore, how does ANYONE sit upon a cloud?! Try it!

Yes, he saw a white horse. He also saw other colored horses. Do those colors have to mean anything? It was the color of horse that the rider chose! The RIDER is the link to the color of horse used.

It IS adding, and THAT is what you need to understand.

Thanks. I am still not sure I agree. God must have had a very good reason to show a horse colored white at seal 1. I think the color must mean something.  I don't think God wastes words. 

I really don't think these are real horses and riders: I think they are symbolic horses and riders. Just my opinion.