Mantis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus may be coming soon, it may be the end of the world soon, but I’m not sure if that is a good focus to have. For all true believers, Jesus is in our hearts and therefore he is here now. 

Even in the first century there was incredible amount of cruelty and lawlessness. Is it worse today than back then? I certainly can’t say for certain. Jesus was actually present back then and evil still existed and the end of the world didn’t come. 

if Jesus comes back tomorrow or 20 years from now or 200 years from now I’m not sure that is a good focus for us Christians. Helping those in need is a great way to evangelize and show them the love of Jesus. The older I get the more I focus on helping others while telling my faith story.  

Edited by WayneS
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

14 minutes ago, WayneS said:

Jesus may be coming soon, it may be the end of the world soon, but I’m not sure if that is a good focus to have. For all true believers, Jesus is in our hearts and therefore he is here now. 

Even in the first century there was incredible amount of cruelty and lawlessness. Is it worse today than back then? I certainly can’t say for certain. Jesus was actually present back then and evil still existed and the end of the world didn’t come. 

if Jesus comes back tomorrow or 20 years from now or 200 years from now I’m not sure that is a good focus for us Christians. Helping those in need is a great way to evangelize and show them the love of Jesus. The older I get the more I focus on helping others while telling my faith story.  

I agree completely:thumbsup:.

If we're doing Gods will and were sure in our hearts what we are doing is His will for us and have been all along,

then we should just keep doing what we're doing and not worry about the rest of the world and what's happening or what others think of us.

"We are in the world, not of the world".

God bless you all.

My name is OLIGOS

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 7/25/2020 at 6:45 PM, Mantis said:

I believe this is the beginning of the falling away mentioned in 2 thes 2:1-3. I don’t think we will ever be able to worship and gather like we once did. Jesus will come soon.

I think this is more like the increasing persecution. Not letting christians worship God.
The great falling away has already begun long time ago. Traditional churches becoming empty. False churches with false teachings becoming packed as in a Rolling Stones concert.
And with Covid19, we can start to see how the world will be in delusion. Not being able to figure out right from wrong, true from false.

Jesus is coming soon. Don't be lukewarm. Share the Gospel at any oppertunity.

Edited by Wesley L

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/31/2020 at 10:53 AM, Josheb said:

I wonder: have you ever bother to investigate the doctrine of "imminence"? Do you understand what is mean when the Church teaches the position Christ could return at any time? I ask because no matter what a person's eschatology may be the Church has always taught imminency within the context of the markers found in scripture. In other words, if Jesus said X and Y would happen before he returns then he cannot and will not return before X and Y happen. The doctrine of Imminence does not claim Jesus will contradict himself. The doctrine of Imminence does not say Jesus can or will literally return literally any literal day now. It is a position that has context with the whole of scripture, not a position that  discards the rest of scripture to claim Jesus will discard his own wrods and come back tomorrow and surprise you and I. So I encourage you to do a little investigation of what is meant by "imminent." 

Do you know of, or suspect, what 'X and Y' might be. Or was that simply an example to provide an explanation to your statement.
I have always had a sneaky (never shared)  feeling the Lord would return, for each of us, some sooner, some later, and take us home, individually.
Doesn't tie in with prophesy, I know. I am end times illiterate, trying to live in the present, and let others fight it out about the future.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/21/1955

The "great falling away" was when the Jews ignored the Gospel of Jesus Christ their King of Israel and turned back to the weak and beggarly elements of the law, the temple and sacrifices and all the abominations in that old worship service that made them Desolate.
For which reason, Jesus destroyed the priests and Jews in Jerusalem in A.D. 70. as promised in the Olivet Prophecy, the Revelation as well as mentioned also to the Thessalonians. 
Only the New Jerusalem Church was saved, who escaped the city shortly prior.
That's all :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Even with this plague we are experiencing internationally, Its hard to believe that there are those among us humans who still continue to pit their will against that of God and not accept the sacrifice of His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, (Mt 17:5).Of cause there have been other plagues as well e.g Black Death, but in the context of this discussion and the amount of casualties one hears about on a daily basis, with modern communication as it stands,I would not be too surprised if God's "long suffering"(2 Pet.3:9) with hard headed folks who refuse to repent and fall in line with Christ has not ,has run its course. 

It believe it highly probable that God's punishment has moved to the next level as far as mankind is concerned.Of course some will refuse to accept and believe in spite of the warnings "15.And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month...were released to kill a third of mankind...18.A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire,smoke and sulphur that came out of their mouths ...20. The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues(my boldstill did not repent of the work of their hands:they did not stop worshiping demons:,and idols of gold,silver ...21.Nor did they repent of their murders,their magic arts,their sexual immorality or their thefts."(N.I.V.Rev.9:15-21)

I believe a virus like "Covert 19" could well fall within the Greek meaning of "Plague" meaning"

G4127
πληγή
plēgē
play-gay'
From G4141; a stroke; by implication a wound; figuratively a calamity: - plague, stripe, wound (-ed).(Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries.).My plea therefore, is why test God's patience?