IGNORED

Will the Elect reign "on the earth" or "over the earth" for 1,000 years?

BibleReader

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

13 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

The church as we know it today consists of the wheat and the tares living together, rather than uprooting the wheat by removing the tares they remain together until; the time of the harvest. 

Our understanding of what the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ is and what the tares are, is different.

THe Church is His Body--made up of the individual stones and priests that the Father drew out and gave to the Christ. Those that have--past tense--passed through the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension. These are very specific individuals with a very specific and sure destiny.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 7/26/2020 at 12:56 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

You mentioned 1,000 year (Millenial Reign). So I say “On the earth”: 

Yes. 

By the way brother, I love this beautiful portraiture of the Holy Trinity.

Fidei Defensor

The tuine fullness of the Lord. 

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. 

Now within me. Forever and ever. Age to age.

The Alpha and Omega. Now and always. Amen. 

We are His children. Let us love one another now. 

As Christ our Messiah loves us, so we must do likewise. 

P.S. I'm sorry. This image is not conducive to my format. I tried to post it. But I cannot. 

Edited by BeauJangles

On 7/27/2020 at 7:38 AM, Josheb said:

The point is it is not a literal finite 1000 years. 

I am sorry. I will have to take the bible as literal on this one. Amidst some aspect of imagery and symbolism of the book of Revelation and translating in proper perspective. This would include the understanding of the time sequences as well. Some of us understand it, some of us do not. 

One thousand years is exactly that = 1,000 

8 minutes ago, Josheb said:

lol! Great response. A certain segment of our brothers and sisters will say there are two trees and on of them is a fig tree (Mt. 24:32) or an olive one (Jer. 11:16). What do you think of that answer? Any better than the cross? 

We (my fellow posters and I) are talking about whether or not the elect will reign on or over the earth for 1000 years and I've been discussing the idea that have we define the "Church Age" (and the Church, or the elect) has an influence on the answer to the op's question. The question about explicit bases for the term and whether or not the term is ever questioned when taught has, apparently, caused some consternation among my peers. Some believe the "Church," the ekklesia, have always existed but others do not. Some believe the reign will endure for ages of ages and is not limited to 1000 years and others, apparently, do not. As I've previously pointed out the Church is eternal but its "age" is finite, ending either at the dawn of the millennium or at the end of the millennium. What do you think will happen when I ask about any of that

To the first: I think that there is One family of God and it consists of all of those who pass through the Cross and have Life.

The second: I don't know what will happen, but I can guess. My first thought is that the 'called out ones' will never be anything other than 'called out ones'.

:-)

I have an observation to make, but will do it in a new thread...watch for it folks.

LOL

I will call it---How to Move Forward

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Alive said:

THe Church is His Body--made up of the individual stones and priests that the Father drew out and gave to the Christ. Those that have--past tense--passed through the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension. These are very specific individuals with a very specific and sure destiny.

I Agree, but the institution known as church today consists of the wheat and the tares. You are looking at the purity of the church, I am looking at what is known as the church in todays world. The institutions are full of tares among the wheat of the field. The faithful and the saints make up the true body of Christ, and then there are those who claim to be who are not, those operating under seducing spirits and not the Holy Spirit. Then there are those who are into churchianity, self deception, half hearted belief, complacency, and Lukewarmness, and are fence sitters. It is those people that are in the church that need ministering lest they be caught in the snare of the seducing spirits and fall away..... Many will fall away as promised by scripture who are living in partial unbelief, as the temptations and cares of this world wax worse and worse. The church has gotten them out of bondage and slavery, but will they cross the river to the Promised land is the question. 

There will be two end time revivals, one is false, and the other is the latter rain spoken of By Joel and James Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. (James5:7-8)

We do not know who of that complacent and half hearted group will Join the faithful and the saints in full belief, But the key is those who love the truth will not fall into the strong delusion. If right now you are seeking truth honestly with your heart, and that is your desire he will guide you into all truth, but if you are opposing the truth you will fall for the strong delusion, and that is where self deception and denial in this Laodicean age falls into play.... Most are still living in denial that they have need of anything because they have been sold the lie of easy believism and textualism, as opposed to life saving faith, believed with the heart and lived in relationship with Christ Jesus the LORD. 

Here is the hard part to digest, Most who call themselves Christians are not part of the body of Christ yet, for they are not living in full faith, but rather in partial faith, claiming Jesus as savior, But not having submitted to Him as LORD. They are in denial that they have a problem, and are self deceived, and until they take the steps outlined in the Epistle to the Laodiceans they will never overcome that denial.

Using the analogy of the wheat and the tares, though they are wheat, they are being choked out by the tares in the church who are teaching complacency. Most people here on this forum are living in complacency 70%..... About a quarter are tares..... And Maybe 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 are among the faithful and the saints and part of the true body of Christ. I realize this is offensive to some here, but this is the truth. Most of those who are living in complacency are easily seduced by these seducing spirits at work, and I again will point you to the videos I have shared with you in PM's as they are vital to this understanding. The Question I ask is which one are you? Is Jesus Your LORD, or are you being seduced by these seducing spirits?  

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. (Eph 4:13-16) 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Non sequitur

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. (1 Cor 3;18-20)

29 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Was Noah a "called out one"? 

How about Abraham?

Jacob? 

Jacob's twelve sons, were they called out ones? 

How about the twelve tribes that grew out of Jacob's twelve sons, were they called out ones?

Those twelve tribes eventually became a single theocratic geo-political nation-state. Was it a "called out one"?

Moses? 

Deborah, Samson, and/or Gideon?

Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, and/or Ezekiel? 

I know that's a lot of questions but I ask about these folks separately because I'd like separate answers so if you'd like to save some time and space "All of them except _______" will do. Thx

I am only prepared at this time to opine that every individual who God has arrested and who has 'faith' and has sought Him, is 'called out'--both before the historical event of the Cross and afterwards. As to each individual Hebrew, I do not know. I have a hard time resolving 'All Israel will be saved" with a remnant. 

I would only add as a thought. I believe God deals with individuals differently than he does with nations and that Israel is/was a 'special' nation.

Rom. 9:6   But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel.

Rom. 9:27   Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel:

“Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea,

The remnant will be saved.

Rom. 10:1 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved.

Rom. 11:26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,

And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;

52 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Prove it. 

Josheb. I do not, no I do not have to prove anything in God's word as truth.

Now, please. I'm asking you kindly, and with the love of Christ. Be nice. Keep it cool, and don't lose it. Be nice. 

2 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Okay. How about this one example? 

Abraham was "called out" of Ur in the Chaldeans (Gen. 12:1) and "called to go to a place he would later receive as an inheritance" (Heb. 11:8). We know that the gospel was preached to Abraham (Gal. 3) and he was promised a descendant or a seed (Gen. 12, 17, & 22) that the NT later tells us is a singular seed, not a plural seed, and that seed is Jesus (Gal. 3:16). We know that it was through faith and not the law that this promise to Abraham was fulfilled (Rom. 4:13) and although he did not see that inheritance (Heb. 11) it was granted to him (past-tense) through faith (Gal. 3:18).  

Was Abraham a "called out one"? 

Yes--absolutely! of course he was/is.

I am interested to see where you are going with this, as it is obvious you are aiming.