• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I saw this on another board and thought it was interesting....

I'd like to try something once here, just for the sake of it, I figure I know the outcome, but hey Columbus took a chance, ya know?

Let's say you're a member of an elite police squad charged with protecting the subways in America. Within the last 2 weeks there have been two attacks on said subways with close to 60 dead. Remember now, you are the line in the sand to protect, there is no one else.

It is a hot summer day and you see a man wearing a heavy jacket, going toward one of the subway terminals. When ordered to halt repeatedly, not only does he not stop, he jumps the turnstiles to get to the subway platform.

Knowing it is not only possible, but highly probable that said individual could be carrying deadly explosives around his body.

What do you as an enlightened person do?

**Note: The only assumption made by my hypothetical is to move it to America, everything else I have posted is exactly as it transpired in Britain, uncluding jumping the turnstiles. I pointed out the turnstiles for the simple reason some on the far left have been making the excuse he did not understand English, while that has in fact been proven false, he spoke English very well, the point is if he didn't understand, why jump the turnstiles to try to get away? It has been said he might have been a plant to test the police, one person theorized it could even have been a prank thinking nothing would come of it as most British police are not armed. That one makes no sense to me because when the suspect looked back and he did look back more than once, he could see the HK5s and other weapons they were carrying. I intentionally left out the man's physical appearance because the first policeman to ask him to halt had not as yet seen his face, only his hurried walk and jacket from behind.

Just answer the question as posed please, this is a reasonable request. Feel free to go off on your own tangent on another thread, thank you in advance for your cooperation, I do believe this to be an important point for our own national interest and security.

Sooooo....?

t.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I saw this on another board and thought it was interesting....

I'd like to try something once here, just for the sake of it, I figure I know the outcome, but hey Columbus took a chance, ya know?

Let's say you're a member of an elite police squad charged with protecting the subways in America. Within the last 2 weeks there have been two attacks on said subways with close to 60 dead. Remember now, you are the line in the sand to protect, there is no one else.

It is a hot summer day and you see a man wearing a heavy jacket, going toward one of the subway terminals. When ordered to halt repeatedly, not only does he not stop, he jumps the turnstiles to get to the subway platform.

Knowing it is not only possible, but highly probable that said individual could be carrying deadly explosives around his body.

**Note: The only assumption made by my hypothetical is to move it to America, everything else I have posted is exactly as it transpired in Britain, uncluding jumping the turnstiles. I pointed out the turnstiles for the simple reason some on the far left have been making the excuse he did not understand English, while that has in fact been proven false, he spoke English very well, the point is if he didn't understand, why jump the turnstiles to try to get away? It has been said he might have been a plant to test the police, one person theorized it could even have been a prank thinking nothing would come of it as most British police are not armed. That one makes no sense to me because when the suspect looked back and he did look back more than once, he could see the HK5s and other weapons they were carrying. I intentionally left out the man's physical appearance because the first policeman to ask him to halt had not as yet seen his face, only his hurried walk and jacket from behind.

Just answer the question as posed please, this is a reasonable request. Feel free to go off on your own tangent on another thread, thank you in advance for your cooperation, I do believe this to be an important point for our own national interest and security.

Sooooo....?

t.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know. I can barely get my kids to behave properly some times. :24:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

It's a shame people don't respect the lawful authorities and in this man's case....it cost him dearly. It cost him his life.

Hopefully, others will be more likely to "think" before they refuse a lawful order.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

It's a shame people don't respect the lawful authorities and in this man's case....it cost him dearly. It cost him his life.

Hopefully, others will be more likely to "think" before they refuse a lawful order.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't forget that a lawful order will one day include the persecution of all christians. :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/10/1978

because of the position of these polics and their duty to protect...if i was one of them i probably would have been foced by that duty to do exactly the same as they did...tho they where wrong, they had to pursue him...what if he really was a bommer? :24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

The London police would have been totally irresponcible to have done anything else. Suggestion ...STOP AND COOPERATE!!!!DONT JUMP TURNSTYLES WITH A WINTER COAT ON IN JULY AT A LONDON TUBE STATION AND EXPECT TO LIVE!!!THE POLICE ARE WELL ADVISED TO NOT WRESTLE WITH SOMEONE WHO RESISTS IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!All a suicide bomber has to do is supress a button and everyone around him will catch the train to Allah's house or perhaps somewhere else. Those who label this incident as a travisty of justice are as dangerous as the Islamonuts. PC is going to put us and our children in an early grave. The terrorists are MUSLIM/ ARAB/ MIDDLE-EASTERN and they don't look like "Granny" on the Beverly Hillbillies.

Dan

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

It is all so very sad. However, unless that man had been living under a rock (so to speak), he surely knew about the recent bombings. He surely knew that a bulky coat such as he was wearing would make him look like a suicide bomber.

As for the police' point of view - if someone is suspected of being a bomber, to shoot them through the chest would be to risk triggering the explosive, wouldn't it? And to shoot to merely bring the suspect down would still leave the suspect with the ability to trigger the bomb. The only way to deal with someone who might be wearing a bomb, sadly, is to act with deadly force, so as to prevent the bomber from setting off the explosive.

I hadn't heard that the man had jumped a turnstyle. I can see why that only increased the officers' suspicions that they had another terrorist about to bomb the subway.

So very sad. But I think the police did act properly, given what they knew and what they suspected.

*grammar edit*

Edited by sheya joie

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Sooooo....?

t.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have not seen a source I could trust that these things were the actual situation, but if they are:::::: I'd shoot him in the head as many times as I could before he hit the ground and then two more times just for safety......

However, I don't trust the British Government to be strait with us after finding out all they did to get public support for the problems in Ireland, and as you know I surely don't trust the real powers controlling most of the decisions made in this country.