• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, one.opinion said:

No, it isn't that simple. It is error to assume that your understanding of God's Word is infallible and all other understandings are therefore, a disbelief that the Bible is the Word of God. 

No, it is that simple.

God didn't get in any way cryptic or write it in any words that makes you stop and think "what does this mean", it is as straight forward as can be.  

There is no explanation any man can make that can change it.  Though they will try.

It's an error for you to assume that I believe my understanding of Gods Word is infallible because  when someone comes in, in direct opposition to what is so clearly WRITTEN,  I discern.    

James 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

James 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

You either believe God or you don't.  

HERE IS WHAT I WROTE

17 hours ago, The Barbarian said:
On 8/27/2020 at 8:02 PM, DeighAnn said:

Evolution the most stupid thing man has ever conceived or considered.  (probably wasn't man anyhow)

Right.  It was God's creation.  Man just eventually noticed it.   But it's not stupid.  It's  a remarkably effective process.

HERE IS THE REPLY

Do you discern it?  

Genesis 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

Genesis 1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Genesis 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Genesis 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind,

and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

i AM THINKING GOD REPEATED IT ENOUGH TO WHERE A BELIEVER WOULD NEVER QUESTION IT 

NO MATTER HOW MANY "WORLDly FACTS" SOMEONE SHOWs .  I could literally be shown a video of it happening and I would still stick with Gods Word.  It is not up for debate.  

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

No, it is that simple.

God didn't get in any way cryptic or write it in any words that makes you stop and think "what does this mean", it is as straight forward as can be.

By the same line of reasoning, you would have to question whether or not Billy Graham believed the Bible was the Word of God.

I will not argue with anyone so certain of their own infallibility that they refuse to even consider opinions other than their own. I may continue a conversation, but will not engage in a pointless argument.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

8 hours ago, one.opinion said:

If you take the plain reading of Genesis 4 and Genesis 5, you will see that there were many other people on the planet before Seth was born. It wasn't until after Seth that the other sons and daughters of Adam and Eve were born.

No: Adam and Eve had already had other sons and daughters (that's how Cain obtained a wife).

16 minutes ago, David1701 said:

No: Adam and Eve had already had other sons and daughters (that's how Cain obtained a wife).

This is contrary to the plain reading of the passage.

16 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

This is contrary to the plain reading of the passage.

From Wikipedia: "According to various Abrahamic traditions, Awan (also Avan or Aven, from Hebrew אָוֶן aven "vice", "iniquity", "potency") was the wife and sister of Cain and the daughter of Adam and Eve. In the Book of Jubilees she is called Awan; however, in other Abrahamic texts (Cave of Treasures) she is called Qelima. Similarly, her sister Azura (עֲצֻרָה atzurah "restraint") was the wife of Cain's two brothers: Abel and after Abel's murder, Seth. In one Hebrew chronological work, she is called Balbira."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awan_(religious_figure)

Here's a link to an answer from Answers in Genesis:

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-characters/cain/who-was-cains-wife/

14 minutes ago, David1701 said:

From Wikipedia: "According to various Abrahamic traditions, Awan (also Avan or Aven, from Hebrew אָוֶן aven "vice", "iniquity", "potency") was the wife and sister of Cain and the daughter of Adam and Eve.

This makes it no less contrary to a plain reading of the passage - if that is indeed your standard of how to interpret the Bible.

Edited by one.opinion

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 minute ago, one.opinion said:

This makes it no less contrary to a plain reading....

:emot-heartbeat:

All The Days

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation. Genesis 2:1-3

Of Our

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. Exodus 20:8-11

Lives

By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of His mouth all their host. Psalm 33:6

~

Clearly Jesus

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Is The Only Way

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." John 14: 6

And "So Called" Science Is Not

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

~

Love, Joe

4 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

All The Days

5 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

Of Our

Lives

Clearly Jesus

6 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

Is The Only Way

6 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

And "So Called" Science Is Not

I could not agree more.

I find it tragic that so many of my scientific colleagues study God’s creation in such intricate detail, but without knowledge of the beautiful Creator.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Amen~!

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

This makes it no less contrary to a plain reading of the passage - if that is indeed your standard of how to interpret the Bible.

Did you read the link I gave to answersingenesis?  That gave a brief explanation of biblical interpretation of this issue. 

The Wikipedia quote about Abrahamic traditions was intended as supplementary material, not the main evidence.