• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, abcdef said:

Will you answer any of the questions that I asked you?

The 666 numbered beast has been the papacy over several hundreds of years.

Sorry ... I do not know the answer to some of your questions.  Are my questions difficult?

PS ... please read the Song of Moses in Deut regarding who is the Rock.

19 hours ago, The Light said:

Absolutely

Can you provide a few examples of Nimrod summing at 666 in one or more languages, and what system of gematria did you use please?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

4 hours ago, canada said:

Can you provide a few examples of Nimrod summing at 666 in one or more languages, and what system of gematria did you use please?

Did you go to the link I provided?

15 minutes ago, The Light said:

Did you go to the link I provided?

I thumbed through 27 pages of threads and finally came to your comment about Nimrod ... but nothing about 666.

I further went through to 40 pages but still no evidence for my quest ... I gave up looking at 40 pages!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

22 hours ago, canada said:

The 666 numbered beast has been the papacy over several hundreds of years.

Sorry ... I do not know the answer to some of your questions.  Are my questions difficult?

PS ... please read the Song of Moses in Deut regarding who is the Rock.

If the Vatican is the numbered beast over the last several hundred years, what would those years be? What span on the time line of years would that be? I just want you to expand on what YOU believe. Take the next logical step.

-----

God is the rock, Jesus is the rock, Moses is a rock, John the Baptist is a rock, all of the saved are rocks and precious living stones built up into a Holy living temple for God 1 Pet 2:4-5, Rev 21:2.  All Christians live by the words of the Law, the Prophets, and the NT, they are the rock hard principles of truth that we our lives by. Our knowledge of God is based on them, the "Word" of God.

So the question is not who is a rock, but does the authority given to Peter by Jesus continue to be passed on after his death?

There is no scriptural evidence that it is.

It means that the Roman claim of authority through Peter, is a man made concept and has no scriptural authority or support.

-----

So how does the so called "authority of Peter", get turned into the 666 mark of the beast of the RCC?

Perhaps, this is something to think about.

2 hours ago, abcdef said:

If the Vatican is the numbered beast over the last several hundred years, what would those years be? What span on the time line of years would that be? I just want you to expand on what YOU believe. Take the next logical step.

-----

God is the rock, Jesus is the rock, Moses is a rock, John the Baptist is a rock, all of the saved are rocks and precious living stones built up into a Holy living temple for God 1 Pet 2:4-5, Rev 21:2.  All Christians live by the words of the Law, the Prophets, and the NT, they are the rock hard principles of truth that we our lives by. Our knowledge of God is based on them, the "Word" of God.

So the question is not who is a rock, but does the authority given to Peter by Jesus continue to be passed on after his death?

There is no scriptural evidence that it is.

It means that the Roman claim of authority through Peter, is a man made concept and has no scriptural authority or support.

-----

So how does the so called "authority of Peter", get turned into the 666 mark of the beast of the RCC?

Perhaps, this is something to think about.

My interest is in determining the ... image, mark and number of the beast ... not in the history of the papal church.

I agree with much of what you state about the "authority of Peter" ... it only exists among followers of Romanism.

Here is something to think about ... Saul was changed to Paul ... but "peter" was ... "added" to Simon and small rocks were used to count or calculate during biblical times. 

Again, why do you think it was "peter" that is associated with the "counting" of the 153 fish?

Here is wisdom.  Let him that hath understanding count the number ... ... ...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,602
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, canada.

Just an interesting tidbit of info: The word "Peter" comes from the Greek word "Petros," meaning "a little stone," but the Hebrew word is Keif (transliterated into Greek as "Keefas" and transliterated into English as "Cephas" in John 1:42, 1 Corinthians 1:12; 3:22; 9:5; 15:5; Galatians 1:18; 2:9, 11, and 14.

The interesting thing is that the Hebrew word means "hollow!" It's not a rock that can be built upon, as a foundation, nor is it something with which one can build walls! It's a GEODE! A hollow rock that contains beautiful crystals! Plain on the outside; beautiful on the inside!

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, canada.

Just an interesting tidbit of info: The word "Peter" comes from the Greek word "Petros," meaning "a little stone," but the Hebrew word is Keif (transliterated into Greek as "Keefas" and transliterated into English as "Cephas" in John 1:42, 1 Corinthians 1:12; 3:22; 9:5; 15:5; Galatians 1:18; 2:9, 11, and 14.

The interesting thing is that the Hebrew word means "hollow!" It's not a rock that can be built upon, as a foundation, nor is it something with which one can build walls! It's a GEODE! A hollow rock that contains beautiful crystals! Plain on the outside; beautiful on the inside!

So much for building the church upon "peter".

Very interesting, thanks Retrobyter

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Paul warned us about this type of bickering and useless genealogies in Titus 3:9.  Numerology should be avoided whenever we are doing a serious study of the Bible and Bible prophecy.

Has anyone considered that John did exactly what he was told to do when he wrote the Book of Revelation?  That is, he wrote what he saw?  Greek is not the only alphabet that is out there and it is possible that the "number John saw was not a set of three Greek letters.  The best explanation for this passage I have seen is the YouTube video by Dr. Chuck Missler uploaded on February 21, 2017 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8b1QmqhP2A.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

21 hours ago, canada said:

My interest is in determining the ... image, mark and number of the beast ... not in the history of the papal church.

You cannot separate the identification and number of the mark from it's origin, use, and associated passages.

The mark is the mark of Rome and the Vatican, which you also keep associating them together, but then you say that I should not talk about it?

Ok.