• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

They understand weight loss a lot better than they use to. Sometimes the Pharmacist understands better than the doctor the chemistry involved in eating and fasting. I am not diabetic but I eat to much sugar and that gives me similar problems. So for me I need a low sugar diet and I have to be sure to keep orange juice around. Once my son drank all the orange juice and I made him go get some at 10 o'clock at night. He was mad but I have to keep that in the house. Now I try to keep a container in the freezer so we can make some orange just rather than to make an emergency trip to the store. I have test strips also. I can monitor my body to see when I am burning fat and when I am in a weight loss mode. There is some indication that fasting is good for diabetics and it can help them to recover. 

Thanks for the comments, JohnR7!!!

So far, I have lost over five pounds and I feel great...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Adam999 said:

Hello brother BaeuJangles,

Thank you for your concerns and comments. I did some research and take enough precaution. I’m only doing a partial fasting. I eat complete food before 6am and after 6pm. During the 12 hours fasting, I consume some fruits and nuts as well as drinking enough water. So far so good!!! I feel a great sensation, a warm feeling, during this fasting, like God is protecting and caring for me. I’m type I diabetic with A1 of 6.9...not as bad.

Again thanks brother!!!

Adam

I fast every day 6pm to midday the next day. Is normal for me. No food at all during those times. Am type 2  diabetic and control my sugars by diet only for many years.

I do not recognise your eating as fasting at all. You do not, in fact, stop eating at all.

The thread title and your beliefs you are fasting are mistaken.

What diabetic type are you?

Losing weight quickly at first is water stored in fat cells.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

13 minutes ago, leah777 said:

I do not recognise your eating as fasting at all. You do not, in fact, stop eating at all.

If it is a drastic change for him that he is doing to draw closer to God then I’m not sure why he should be concerned about anyone else’s opinion.

15 minutes ago, leah777 said:

And usually that’s all some need to lose in order to feel and look better. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 hours ago, Adam999 said:

Hello brother BaeuJangles,

Thank you for your concerns and comments. I did some research and take enough precaution. I’m only doing a partial fasting. I eat complete food before 6am and after 6pm. During the 12 hours fasting, I consume some fruits and nuts as well as drinking enough water. So far so good!!! I feel a great sensation, a warm feeling, during this fasting, like God is protecting and caring for me. I’m type I diabetic with A1 of 6.9...not as bad.

Again thanks brother!!!

Adam

Hi Adam, 

I must apologize for my haste in posting last night and having to sign out for the evening. I did not see this response back, though it was good of you to give me equal explanations in relaying needed health concerns. It would indicate here you are using a considerable amount of earnest attempt to remain careful in spite of your type of diabetes. I'm relieved you're taking a partial fast only which includes a sensible intake of nutritional supplements.

Would you also do me a favor and also take necessary vitamin/mineral essentials to make sure you are maintaining the optimal of what's best for Type I Diabetes? I could go down the list here, but I'm pretty confident now you are conscientious enough about it. You appear to be fairly knowledgeable to me. Please also check your vitals. This being your blood pressure, temperature, and heart rate, for any usual changes that may necessitate ending the fast. Common sense is priority on our overall health concerns. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles

27 minutes ago, leah777 said:

I fast every day 6pm to midday the next day. Is normal for me. No food at all during those times. Am type 2  diabetic and control my sugars by diet only for many years.

The thread title and your beliefs you are fasting are mistaken.

What diabetic type are you?

Hello Leah777,

I’m type I diabetic. I only eat fruits or nuts when I felt like I’m low in sugar. Sometimes, I felt a little dizzy...I consumed less food before 6am and after 6pm. I cut my food intake by half. I think it would not be safe to cut food intake at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Adam999 said:

Hello Leah777,

I’m type I diabetic. I only eat fruits or nuts when I felt like I’m low in sugar. Sometimes, I felt a little dizzy...I consumed less food before 6am and after 6pm. I cut my food intake by half. I think it would not be safe to cut food intake at all.

I have no issues with your choice to change your eating habits. My issue is with you calling it fasting.

5 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Hi Adam, 

I must apologize for my haste in posting last night and having to sign out for the evening. I did not see this response back, though it was good of you to give me equal explanations in relaying needed health concerns. It would indicate here you are using a considerable amount of earnest attempt to remain careful in spite of your type of diabetes. I'm relieved you're taking a partial fast with sensible intake of nutritional supplements.

Would you also do me a favor and also take necessary vitamin/mineral essentials to make sure you are maintaining the optimal of what's best for Type I Diabetes? I could go down the list here, but I'm pretty confident now you are conscientious enough about it. You appear to be fairly knowledgeable to me. Please also check your vitals. Blood pressure, temp, and heart rate, for usual changes that may necessitate ending the fast. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Brother David, I love you very much. You are kind and compassionate. Your love shine through your words!!!

Again, thanks my brother

• Loved it! 1

Just now, leah777 said:

I have no issues with your choice to change your eating habits. My issue is with you calling it fasting.

I did some research and What I’m doing is called “partial fasting”.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 minutes ago, leah777 said:

4 minutes ago, Adam999 said:

I did some research and What I’m doing is called “partial fasting”.

Here are a few links for the benefit of our readers in defining different methods of fasting. God bless. 

1. What are the different types of fasting? | GotQuestions.org

Jan 02, 2020 · Fasting, whether it is regular, partial, absolute, or sexual, is a seeking after God’s heart, all other blessings and benefits being secondary to God Himself. This is what sets apart biblical fasting from other religious and cultural practices around the world.

2. Intermittent Fasting: 4 Different Types Explained – Health ...

1. The twice-a-week method – 5:2. This approach to IF focuses on capping your calories at …
      2. Alternate day fasting. This variation involves “modified” fasting every other day. For …
      3. Time-restricted eating (example: 16/8 or 14/10 method) In this option, you have set fasting …
      4. The 24-hour fast (or eat: stop: eat method) This method involves fasting completely for a …
  3. Types of Fasting | the different methods | AllAboutFasting

• Categories of fasting methods
      • Dry fasting. Also known as Absolute Fast, Black Fast, and Hebrew Fast. The most extreme …
      • Liquid fasting. As the name implies, this is fasting on liquids only. The liquid fasting page …
      • Partial fasting. Also sometimes called selective fasting, partial fasting includes some solid...
  4. 7 Types of Fasting and How to Fast for Spiritual Breakthrough

Feb 16, 2010 · The Different Types of Fasts. Occasional Short Fasts. This is where most people start. Whether denying yourself food or some other pleasure, an occasional fast that lasts six ... Intermittent Fasts. Longer Fasts. Extended Fasts. Open-ended Fasts.

3 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Here are a few links for the benefit of our readers in defining different methods of fasting. God bless. 

1. What are the different types of fasting? | GotQuestions.org

Jan 02, 2020 · Fasting, whether it is regular, partial, absolute, or sexual, is a seeking after God’s heart, all other blessings and benefits being secondary to God Himself. This is what sets apart biblical fasting from other religious and cultural practices around the world.

2. Intermittent Fasting: 4 Different Types Explained – Health ...

1. The twice-a-week method – 5:2. This approach to IF focuses on capping your calories at …
      2. Alternate day fasting. This variation involves “modified” fasting every other day. For …
      3. Time-restricted eating (example: 16/8 or 14/10 method) In this option, you have set fasting …
      4. The 24-hour fast (or eat: stop: eat method) This method involves fasting completely for a …
  3. Types of Fasting | the different methods | AllAboutFasting

• Categories of fasting methods
      • Dry fasting. Also known as Absolute Fast, Black Fast, and Hebrew Fast. The most extreme …
      • Liquid fasting. As the name implies, this is fasting on liquids only. The liquid fasting page …
      • Partial fasting. Also sometimes called selective fasting, partial fasting includes some solid...
  4. 7 Types of Fasting and How to Fast for Spiritual Breakthrough

Feb 16, 2010 · The Different Types of Fasts. Occasional Short Fasts. This is where most people start. Whether denying yourself food or some other pleasure, an occasional fast that lasts six ... Intermittent Fasts. Longer Fasts. Extended Fasts. Open-ended Fasts.

Great info, brother David!!!

• Thanks 1