IGNORED

Is God your Pilot, or still only a co-pilot?

dhchristian

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

43 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Submitting to the Authority of the Pilot and giving Him the controls of your life, is liberating and not stifling. We Learn to soar on wings of Eagles. Ever read this fable?

Fable of the Eagle and the Chicken

A fable is told about an eagle that thought he was a chicken. When the eagle was very small, he fell from the safety of his nest. A chicken farmer found the eagle, brought him to the farm, and raised him in a chicken coop among his many chickens. The eagle grew up doing what chickens do, living like a chicken, and believing he was a chicken. A naturalist came to the chicken farm to see if what he had heard about an eagle acting like a chicken was really true. He knew that an eagle is king of the sky. He was surprised to see the eagle strutting around the chicken coop, pecking at the ground, and acting very much like a chicken. The farmer explained to the naturalist that this bird was no longer an eagle. He was now a chicken because he had been trained to be a chicken and he believed that he was a chicken. The naturalist knew there was more to this great bird than his actions showed as he “pretended” to be a chicken. He was born an eagle and had the heart of an eagle, and nothing could change that. The man lifted the eagle onto the fence surrounding the chicken coop and said, “Eagle, thou art an eagle. Stretch forth thy wings and fly.” The eagle moved slightly, only to look at the man; then he glanced down at his home among the chickens in the chicken coop where he was comfortable. He jumped off the fence and continued doing what chickens do. The farmer was satisfied. “I told you it was a chicken,” he said. The naturalist returned the next day and tried again to convince the farmer and the eagle that the eagle was born for something greater. He took the eagle to the top of the farmhouse and spoke to him: “Eagle, thou art an eagle. Thou dost belong to the sky and not to the earth. Stretch forth thy wings and fly.” The large bird looked at the man, then again down into the chicken coop. He jumped from the man’s arm onto the roof of the farmhouse. Knowing what eagles are really about, the naturalist asked the farmer to let him try one more time. He would return the next day and prove that this bird was an eagle. The farmer, convinced otherwise, said, “It is a chicken.” The naturalist returned the next morning to the chicken farm and took the eagle and the farmer some distance away to the foot of a high mountain. They could not see the farm nor the chicken coop from this new setting. The man held the eagle on his arm and pointed high into the sky where the bright sun was beckoning above. He spoke: “Eagle, thou art an eagle! Thou dost belong to the sky and not to the earth. Stretch forth thy wings and fly.” This time the eagle stared skyward into the bright sun, straightened his large body, and stretched his massive wings. His wings moved, slowly at first, then surely and powerfully. With the mighty screech of an eagle, he flew. –(In Walk Tall, You’re A Daughter Of God, by Jamie Glenn)

Yes I have--this one and others similar to it have been used as sermon materials over the years.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

20 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Back when I was growing up, the Bumper sticker "God is my co-pilot" was often found in the church parking lots, including mine, where my Pastor had that on his car. But this statement highlights the problems in the theology of today, which has grown even worse. God is no longer even the co-pilot, but a passenger with the person driving the car the Old man trying to live pleasing God.

What should be the case in the lives of all believers is that God is the Pilot and we are the passengers. The Problem is not one of false doctrine, for many of them hold the right doctrines, the problem is not one of theological sufficiency or lack of hearing the truth, the problem is a lack of submission to the Authority of God in One's life. People say they want to draw near to God, they say they want to resist the devil, but they can do none of these things until they submit to God as James 4 clearly states, this is the one thing that begins our walk towards holiness and overcoming. 

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. James 4:7-10

You see, a Christian comes to salvation and receives Christ as His savior, But he is yet to be his LORD. Learning to submit to Him and His authority in your life is akin to a bride making herself ready for the wedding, this is the "great mystery" Which Paul speaks of in Ephesians 5 about the church.... When we are first saved, most only have Christ as their co pilot, but they still have their hands on the controls and if left in this will drive that Plane to its demise, But when we release those controls over to that co pilot and let Him fly the plane is when we will soar on wings of Eagles. He wants us to be passengers, not pilots or co-pilots, He wants us to fully believe in his ability to fly the plane, and to let him do that. The things that get in the way of this loss of control, are things like our mental capacity, our wealth and prosperity, the cares of this world, the Bible is full of these illustrations. The Most obvious example is when the Israelites came out of Egypt, they escaped Egypt miraculously, yet they did not enter the promised land because of unbelief, as exemplified by the writer of Hebrews in chapters 3 and 4. 

So the question here raised, is are you, like Israel, going to trust fully in God as your Pilot, Or you going to keep your proverbial hands on the controls and crash in the wilderness because you trust your own abilities and strength to save you? Is Jesus your Co-pilot, Is he your pilot, or is he just your passenger? Submitting to the authority of God is the Most liberating thing anyone can do in their Christian walk, I Know this seems counterintuitive, but I can attest to the truth of this. it takes the burden and guilt off of our hands of crashing and allows us to soar on wings of Eagles, this is what Christ wants for His Bride, this what it means for the bride to be ready for His coming, Are you? 

God is my pilot. He is in the drivers seat of my life. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I like where you are going with this. There are so many layers to this. Who was Jesus? Are not you a joint heir with Him? Just what does that mean to you? Christ alone is a friend, a brother, a savior  our God.

Christ said to the 12.. no longer do I call you servants but friends. So praise God yes lead by the sweet holy Spirit.. God leading getting all the glory and praise. God demands all the glory and praise and no man will glory in His presence.

Its only man that would see God sitting next to him as a co-pilot :)

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

At various stages of my life, God was on the outside roof of my plane, then as a passenger, then as a co-pilot, and now He is my pilot and I’m a passenger as well as a plane. I’m submitting to His will. I’m much happier than ever before. 

God bless

Adam

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

12 hours ago, TheBlade said:

I like where you are going with this. There are so many layers to this. Who was Jesus? Are not you a joint heir with Him? Just what does that mean to you? Christ alone is a friend, a brother, a savior  our God.

Christ said to the 12.. no longer do I call you servants but friends. So praise God yes lead by the sweet holy Spirit.. God leading getting all the glory and praise. God demands all the glory and praise and no man will glory in His presence.

Its only man that would see God sitting next to him as a co-pilot

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:1-2)

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you. (2 Cor. 4:7-12)

When Your mind is transformed, and renewed, You are no longer at the controls, instead he is. and all glory goes to Him for what he does in you and through you. When You start to live this way the persecution will begin in earnest, but so too will the assurance that life of Jesus is being manifest in our body. Comfortable Christianism does not want this neither does it understand this, but this was it means to be Christlike. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. (John 8:28-29)

All of this defies the wisdom of man, hence the renewal of the mind. for the foolishness of God is greater than the wisdom of man. ( 1 cor. 1:25) Christianism does not want to carry a cross, for it is foolishness to them, But that is the Gospel we are called to preach... For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. (1 Cor. 1:18)