IGNORED

Ever been too tired to continue fighting?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

On 8/19/2020 at 7:33 PM, love child said:

Has anyone here ever prayed for something or someone in specific, believing for a change, that never happened? 

Yes. I think it comes down to knowing that God is GOD. My plans are not His. His ways are not mine, they're better. Though I may not understand why certain things happen as they do, I simply have to exercise faith that says He knows what He's doing and I can walk with Him knowing that. Everything He allows has a purpose. We may not see that purpose while we dwell here on earth, but one day we will see it as He does, in the fullness of it all. 

As for fighting, I think we're simply to rest in Him. There is no need to fight. Believe Him for His will to be done, His promises to be fulfilled, and for Him to continue the work He began - and find rest in Christ. 

• Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Bless you, Aimes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

What are are we going to become but a lustful man without carrying the cross of Jesus ? 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 8/19/2020 at 8:33 PM, love child said:

Has anyone here ever prayed for something or someone in specific, believing for a change, that never happened? You believed it would because of the promises in the scriptures and so, you continued praying and believing for years...and yet, you never saw any changes  whatsoever in your circumstances. Did you continue to walk by faith or just accepted it for what is was, realizing that it may never change? 

No, but my parents have.  They have been praying that I find a wife, since I was in High School.  Even tried to get me to date.

Not going to happen, and I'm now 43, and still never had a girl friend.

Sometimes what we want is simply not what G-d intends.  I know for myself, that I have prayed for many things, and honestly not one single one of them has ever happened.  I have to accept that this is what G-d wants.

It is what it is.  We don't get what we want in this life.  And you can't make other people change.  G-d won't force other people to act how you want.  He respects our free will.

So I just accept it.

• Praise God! 1

LonerAndy, If your plans line up with God's will, He will give you what you ask of Him. Matt 7:7-8

• 11 months later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 8/19/2020 at 9:33 PM, love child said:

Did you continue to walk by faith or just accepted it for what is was, realizing that it may never change? 

We must carry on walking by faith in order to find out what is Jesus' will for each situation? Only thus we will know if this circumstance will change of if it was put in our life to change us.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

Wow.  The responses I have gotten for this posting is, in more ways than one, very insightful!!!  I am blessed to have gotten them.  Some posts are convicting others are honest and still some are inspiring, but ALL are helpful indeed!  

Brother Josheb, I love you.  You are one of those whose wording have been convicting.  I must say that I am indeed resting and not fighting, for God has in fact whispered a promise to my heart.  It's taking a while for that promise to manifest itself, but I know that this is part of my faith filled journey...you know, who's report am I going to believe???  The day when I first replied to your post, I was already weary and tired and then to have to read such a post from you, well, I was just too exhausted to come up with a much better reply.  My "fight" hasn't been with God, but with wrestling with my thoughts.   

I think what I really want to say is: when the promise is taking longer than we hoped and the trials have gotten harder than we think we can bear and now we are weary, we start to hear those loud voices.  The ones that tell us: maybe we heard God wrong?  You are begining to look like a fool waiting on God.  And on and on...  If we are not careful, rooted and grounded in God, then we will believe those lies because satan makes then sound so convincing when your weary and tired and have been waiting a long time for God's promise to come to pass.  For me, it's been a couple of years now.  I want for me what God wants for me and so, I wait.  Here lately, the lies I keep hearing from the enemy are growing more in their intensity and volume.  I am wondering what that could mean???  Am I getting closer to my promised miracle? 

I don't believe any of the lies and I just keep reminding myself that God's promise for my life will come to pass and it will be just as He has said it would be for my life.  Amen.

Edited by love child

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 8/19/2020 at 8:33 PM, love child said:

Has anyone here ever prayed for something or someone in specific, believing for a change, that never happened? You believed it would because of the promises in the scriptures and so, you continued praying and believing for years...and yet, you never saw any changes  whatsoever in your circumstances. Did you continue to walk by faith or just accepted it for what is was, realizing that it may never change? 

I know that this is an old post.  I hope more comments can be generated from what I have to share.  

I think the problem is we are not really hearing what Jesus said about prayer and about believing, Mark 11:24.  It's our faith.  I have to admit, I do not possess the kind of faith that Jesus talks about pertaining a situation I'm dealing with. But when I look back on those times my prayers were answered, I had no doubt, and my faith was strong. Each time!

We are to work on our faith, like the disciples said to Jesus, "Increase my faith."  Build our faith up to be strong, not weak.  Jesus said many times to the disciples, "Oh ye of little faith."  So that tells me that we must not have little faith.

It's a lesson of spiritual growth, like all lessons of spiritual growth in the gospel.  We should not be praying for years over, and over again, for the same thing to happen without learning the lesson.  The lesson is our faith is not right, and we must learn why we lack faith, and what is the right faith in Christ.

I want to share something that was revealed to me a long time ago that really opened my eyes to faith.    

People say all we need is a little faith like the mustard seed because a mustard seed is tiny.  But that's absolutely not true.  It's because the mustard seed is tiny, that it had great faith.  What happens when a tiny mustard seed is planted.  That little, tiny seed's faith is so great because it believes it will be a great flowing willow tree, thousands times bigger that the seed itself.  The tiny seed's faith was large enough to produce a large tree.  So, if you can see it, that we must have great faith, you can see why Jesus told Peter, .  "Oh ye of little faith."  If little faith was needed, then why would Jesus say "Oh ye of little faith."  And it was the little faith that stopped Peter from walking on water.  So we got it backwards.

So, we have been listening to people who don't know what they are talking about. It's not little faith, it's great faith.

We also listen to people who say God will answer our prayer if it's according to His will.  That's not true either. Of course being a Christian we know we can't ask God for things that's a sin  But, God will answer our prayer if we believe.  Like Jesus said, "Ask what you will, and believe in your heart and don't doubt, and you will have what you ask for."   So it's up to us to believe God will do it.  Faith is a law, and we must learn the lesson of faith.  It's very hard because of our old way of thinking and believing.  And because of our fears we must deal with.  It's a renewing of the mind like Apostle Paul tells us.   

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

Greetings, biblelesson …

11 hours ago, biblelesson said:

We also listen to people who say God will answer our prayer if it's according to His will.  That's not true either.

1 John 5:14

14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 

~selah

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

4 hours ago, Selah7 said:

Greetings, biblelesson …

1 John 5:14

14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 

~selah

I'm not sure how you are seeing" according to His will." But people say "according to His will" means he will sometimes not answer.  My point is  "According to His will" does not mean He will not answer. According to His will means He answers according to His own will.  Meaning, we have in our minds how we want situations to go, but God says His way are higher than our ways, Isaiah 55:8.  Also, we must be walking in ways that pleases the Lord.  And what's that? humble, meek, loving, trusting, kind: the Fruit of the Spirit.  We can't ask in our carnal minds, we must be in the Spirit. 

And the answer to our prayer is according to God's own Will, not our own will.  For example, many times God answer my prayers was according to His way, His will.  He answered completely different from the way I had expected in my mind.  I can say He performed miracles where I could not doubt it was Him.  So what comes with God's answers, are miracles as well to where He is glorified for all to see.   His ways are higher than our ways, Isaiah 55:8-9.  Also he will answer whatsoever we ask, 1 John 3:22.  And what is according to His will when we ask? To do those things which pleases Him, and whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, 1 John 3:22.  

So let's not doubt God, and I'm guilty also.  But as James says, "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering (doubting), For he that wavereth (doubts), is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed," James 1:6.

So, we must understand what the Word of God is saying, and not with just one verse. We must study to show thyself approved, rightly dividing the word of truth, 2 Timothy 2:15.   We lack understanding of faith and God's promises due to a lack of understanding.  God says my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge, Hosea 4:6.  There is a warning here: "because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee..."  We can also take this to mean, because we have reject knowledge, God will reject us and not answer our prayer.

Edited by biblelesson
  • Praise God! 1